Windows 10: Quick access, preventing appearance

Discus and support Quick access, preventing appearance in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I know that in Windows Explorer Quick Access list I can press "pin" to make sure that given item appears always on the list. Is there a way to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by KilpAr, May 17, 2017.

1. KilpAr Win User

Quick access, preventing appearance

Hi,

I know that in Windows Explorer Quick Access list I can press "pin" to make sure that given item appears always on the list. Is there a way to make this work to the other way as well i.e. no matter how often I use folder X, I never want it to appear on the list?

:)

KilpAr, May 17, 2017
  2. Andrew_FG Win User

Cannot Unpin folder from Quick Access

I have a music track folder on my desktop which appears under Quick Access. I don't want that folder to appear in Quick Access. But the Unpin from Quick Access menu command does not work. How to solve this?

Quick access, preventing appearance [​IMG]

Andrew_FG, May 17, 2017
  3. Lis4cg Win User
    Quick Access Disabled in Windows 10

Quick Access show recent files does not work and I can't pin a file to Quick Access. When I right click a file there is no line for Pin to Quick Access. When I open the file, the Pin to Quick Access display is disabled. Folders do appear under Quick Access
    but not files. Clearly, your last update did something.

Lis4cg, May 17, 2017
  4. philc43 Win User

philc43, May 17, 2017
Thema:

1. Quick access, preventing appearance - Similar Threads - Quick access preventing

2. Pictures and Documents Folders will not appear in quick access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pictures and Documents Folders will not appear in quick access: A few months back I got a new PC, and in the process of trying to prevent onedrive from messing with my files its full and currently gives me an obnoxious notification that it can't sync if i don't have it disabled, i had to delete my Pictures/Documents folders and recreate...
  3. Pictures and Documents Folders will not appear in quick access

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pictures and Documents Folders will not appear in quick access: A few months back I got a new PC, and in the process of trying to prevent onedrive from messing with my files its full and currently gives me an obnoxious notification that it can't sync if i don't have it disabled, i had to delete my Pictures/Documents folders and recreate...
  4. Putting files removed from quick access back, thus, making the files appear in quick access...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Putting files removed from quick access back, thus, making the files appear in quick access...: I removed an excel file from quick access in file explorer, now I want it to appear there but despite the fact that I open it everyday, it doesn't appear anymore. Any ideas?...
  5. Putting files removed from quick access back, thus, making the files appear in quick access...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Putting files removed from quick access back, thus, making the files appear in quick access...: I removed an excel file from quick access in file explorer, now I want it to appear there but despite the fact that I open it everyday, it doesn't appear anymore. Any ideas?...
  6. Putting files removed from quick access back, thus, making the files appear in quick access...

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Folder not appearing in quick access anymore

in Windows 10 Customization
    Folder not appearing in quick access anymore: NVM request deletion, reverting back to an older image since nothing really changed 178841
  8. System32 suddenly appeared in quick access

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    System32 suddenly appeared in quick access: System32 suddenly appeared in quick access and i'm confused. I think it is because the folder has been visited many times, but i didn't entered to it recently. Is it normal? Sorry for bad english, it is my second language. submitted by /u/Rabahpro [link] [comments]...
  9. QUICK ACCESS MENU NOT APPEARING

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    QUICK ACCESS MENU NOT APPEARING: Hi, my quick access menu is not showing at all, the whole bar is gone. It used to be there, but i restored my pc and it reinstalled fine but now it is gone. I have tried clearing the privacy settings in "folder options" and also tried the commands: -del...
  10. Quick access appears instead of folder content

in Windows 10 Support
    Quick access appears instead of folder content: When I click on a folder on my desktop quick access appears instead of the folder content. https://fat.gfycat.com/PitifulCapitalChupacabra.webm I've just updated to w10 insider preview build 14361 but I have had this problem since build 14352. 52905