Windows 10: quick access problem

Discus and support quick access problem in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Quick access has a problem where if you a have a folder pinned in the quick access list. You click on that folder name Which takes you to that folder.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by rac8006, May 14, 2016.

1. rac8006 Win User

quick access problem

Quick access has a problem where if you a have a folder pinned in the quick access list. You click on that folder name
    Which takes you to that folder. You now move a file in that folder to a sub folder. After the move the quick access folder
    name changes to the sub folder name that you moved the file too. This appears to only happen when the folder is located on a mapped network drive. If you enter the sub folder and move the file back. The quick access folder name goes back to the original name. IE if Video is the folder name and temp is the sub folder name. When you move a file from video to temp the video in quick access changes from video to temp. When you move the file back the temp changes back to video.

RAC

:)

rac8006, May 14, 2016

2. Quick Access problem

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to try the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1:

Perform System File Checker (sfc) scan.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

To perform SFC Scan, refer to the below link:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929833

Note: Steps mentioned for Windows 8/8.1, will work fine with Windows 10.

Method 2: Clean boot.

A clean boot is performed to start Windows by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. This helps eliminate software conflicts that occur when you install a program.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

Note: Steps mentioned for Windows 8/8.1, will work fine with Windows 10.

Disclaimer: Please go through the section: How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot of the Kb article to boot the computer in normal
    startup after fixing the issue.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), May 14, 2016
  3. linve94 Win User
    Quick Access problem

Good afternoon,

Some days ago something changed with the quick access. First of all, all the folders I had pinned disappeared and now, every time I try to pin a new one it says "The parameter is incorrect".

I'm sorry for the English, and thank you very much.

linve94, May 14, 2016
Thema:

quick access problem

1. quick access problem - Similar Threads - quick access problem

2. Quick Access problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Quick Access problem: I have been searching for a solution to my issue with no success.I have already tried:Clearing the Recent App Data in two folders AutomaticDestinations and CustomDestinationsReset Windows 10 Quick Access using Registry Deleted QatItemsClear Quick Access folders using Command...
  3. Quick access menu problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Quick access menu problem: Hi, I am trying to remove folders from my quick access (they are not pinned) and whenever I remove one, another appears and it's a never-ending cycle of new files coming in and out. I've tried disabling the "show frequently used folders in quick access" option in my view...
  4. Quick Access

Quick Access: I have completed a part of my university coursework and saved, cannot be sure however assumed it would be in documents somewhere so wasn't too fussed. It was sat in my quick access but I couldn't find it anywhere else or move it to a different folder so I tried to remove from...
  5. Quick Access Work Flow problems

in Windows 10 Support
    Quick Access Work Flow problems: [img] It just seams to put them in there in a random place. Quick access speeds my workflow and keeps me from spending hours digging and pocking around to place things. IN windows 7 it places a new quick access on the bottom but here windows 10 refuses to let me do this....
  6. Having problems with folders in quick access

Having problems with folders in quick access: Whenever I right-click on a folder in the quick access pane, all open folders close right after the machine lags a little https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/having-problems-with-folders-in-quick-access/a0d55143-cecd-4830-8070-3847ee992080"
  7. Problem with Quick access

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem with Quick access: Hi all,,,I don't know what has happened but I redirected from Quick Access Documents, Pictures music, to my D drive and when I look at the properties of those in quick access they point to D drive which is ok, but downloads is there and there is nothing in it and it points to...
  8. Problem with quick access

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem with quick access: I replaced the system disk with another (clone it). Everything is ok but in quick access there are still connections to the old disk that has now become E, Even if I try to delete them and add the new ones, the wrong connections reappear on every reboot Thank Hispa 119202
  9. Quick access problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Quick access problem: I have a windows 10 pro system. I have a DNS-323 NAS mounted as U: On the NAS I have a main folder "My Videos". Under this folder I have a temp and save folder. I have the U:\My Videos pinned to the quick access. When I use windows explorer to move a file from the main folder...
  10. Problems trying to search in Quick Access

in Windows 10 Support
    Problems trying to search in Quick Access: Last machine was Windows 7, where I could search all of Favorites for words that I knew were in the file I wanted. Or I'd search on name:[string], where [string] is part of the filename. Worked great. I can't get a search in Quick Access to find anything, unless I first...