Windows 10: Quick Access Recent Files icons in explorer are blank - no icon

Discus and support Quick Access Recent Files icons in explorer are blank - no icon in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; [img] Hi, you can see the two white Recent files entries with no icons. I seem to have no other issue with icons. I've tried deleting and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by dalchina, Aug 2, 2016.

1. dalchina New Member

Quick Access Recent Files icons in explorer are blank - no icon

Quick Access Recent Files icons in explorer are blank - no icon [​IMG]

Hi, you can see the two white Recent files entries with no icons. I seem to have no other issue with icons.

I've tried deleting and rebuilding the icon cache, and clearing explorer history.
    The problem remains having done the anniversary upgrade.

This used to be fine, and I don't know when it changed, unfortunately, so suggesting system restore or restoring disk images (which I have) may not be the best way forward.

Any suggestions please? Thanks!

:)

dalchina, Aug 2, 2016

2. Windows 10 February 2016 update caused file associations to reset - bad update

The other issues I had with File Explorer Icon blank out, layout disabled, controls disabled and Quick Access extremely slow. To fix this problem go to Control Panel.. Change Category to Small Icons. Search for Index Options and ensure that indexes are
    built or Rebuilt. Then open the Services management console and Windows Search service is running.

AmitOnMission, Aug 2, 2016
  3. TioWDs Win User
    File Explorer Problem

I recently upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and now I cannot get access to Windows Explorer. The File Explorer icon is pinned on my taskbar, and I also see File Explorer at the start menu (windows icon) at bottom left corner. Neither works when
    you click on it. After a few seconds, I get a blank (black) screen, then back to my Desktop. How do I fix this? I cannot access any of my files on the C-drive.

TioWDs, Aug 2, 2016
Thema:

Quick Access Recent Files icons in explorer are blank - no icon

1. Quick Access Recent Files icons in explorer are blank - no icon - Similar Threads - Quick Access Recent

2. Blank icon above Quick Access won't go

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blank icon above Quick Access won't go: Hi,I encounter a problem with a blank icon resembling 'Pictures' which is situated below Home and above Quick Access. No matter what I've tried, it doesn't allow me to remove it....
  3. Blank icon above Quick Access won't go

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blank icon above Quick Access won't go: Hi,I encounter a problem with a blank icon resembling 'Pictures' which is situated below Home and above Quick Access. No matter what I've tried, it doesn't allow me to remove it....
  4. File explorer home icon and quick access missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File explorer home icon and quick access missing: Hi Microsoft,Encounter a few problems on file explorer after the recent Windows 11 22H2 update. Please advice on the solution. Thanks.1. Home icon missing dropdown menu that showing the quick access 2. Quick access shortcut are placing in the middle section rather than hiding...
  5. File explorer home icon and quick access missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File explorer home icon and quick access missing: Hi Microsoft,Encounter a few problems on file explorer after the recent Windows 11 22H2 update. Please advice on the solution. Thanks.1. Home icon missing dropdown menu that showing the quick access 2. Quick access shortcut are placing in the middle section rather than hiding...
  6. Quick access icons

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Quick access icons: [ATTACH] Is there a way of having the same icons for the files like download, music, etc on my SSD (since it's where windows is instaled) on the same files that I created on my HDD? I'm searching but can't find them, and when I find identical ones they don't change on the...
  7. File Explorer Quick Access Icons ?

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer Quick Access Icons ?: I did a clean install of Windows 10 Pro vers 1909 on a new build. This is my first experience with Win10. I'm not sure what icons are supposed to be in Quick Access. But I have 3 yellow folders that correspond to drivers that I installed, in addition to 5 icons which appear...
  8. Change Quick Access Icon in File Explorer in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Quick Access Icon in File Explorer in Windows 10: How to: Change Quick Access Icon in File Explorer in Windows 10 How to Change Quick Access Icon in File Explorer in Windows 10 Windows 10 replaced Favorites from previous Windows with recent files. This tutorial will show you how to change the icon for Quick Access...
  9. File Explorer Icons blank

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer Icons blank: After reinstalling Windows 10 my Word and data file icons were blank. I found in C:\windows\SHELLNEWthat the WINWORD8.DOC icon was blank so I changed it to the correct icon and itfixed my problems! See image: 90226
  10. Icon for cmd.exe blank in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Icon for cmd.exe blank in File Explorer: The icon for cmd.exe is a blank file as in the image. [img] You can see the icon is correct in the properties window. [img] This is a recent clean install of windows about a week ago. Not sure when they changed but I do remember having the icon correct after the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 recent files in quick access icon blank