Windows 10: Quick Access shortcut to folder on Android phone doesn't work

Discus and support Quick Access shortcut to folder on Android phone doesn't work in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I added a directory from my Android phone to the Windows 'Quick Access' area but when I disconnect my phone and reconnect it again, that shortcut no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by THX1138, May 28, 2017.

1. THX1138 Win User

Quick Access shortcut to folder on Android phone doesn't work

I added a directory from my Android phone to the Windows 'Quick Access' area but when I disconnect my phone and reconnect it again, that shortcut no longer works. I'd much prefer if it did.

Screenshot: Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

:)

THX1138, May 28, 2017

2. Rename pinned items in Windows Explorer? (Quick Access)

The best work-around I can find is creating a "Jobs" folder that's pinned to quick access. I can then create shortcuts in this "Jobs" folder and rename these shortcuts. It's one more click to get into the "Jobs" folder from quick access but better than
    having a bunch of folders with the same name (different paths) in my quick access.

I just do not understand why they changed this functionality in Win10!

Matt Hensch, May 28, 2017
  3. mccbleue Win User
    Nokia X6 - Moving a File to the main screen menu

It doesn't work the way you seem to be suggesting, within the menus you can create folders to house icons to help you to organise the menus as you'd like them, but a folder in the menu structure is not a physical folder on the drive; and you can't get file
    folders to appear in the menus.

The easiest option is to set the homescreen to have the shortcut bar visible, and edit the content of the shortcut bar to include Video Centre, that would give you quick access to all videos wherever they are stored in the phone.

mccbleue, May 28, 2017
Thema:

Quick Access shortcut to folder on Android phone doesn't work

1. Quick Access shortcut to folder on Android phone doesn't work - Similar Threads - Quick Access shortcut

2. Quick Access actually still doesn't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Quick Access actually still doesn't work: Yesterday Ramesh and Greg helped me get "Quick Access" working - to a degree. Now I notice that if you open a file from "File Explorer" it appears in "Quick Access" "Recent Activity". If you open it from within the application - say Excel - then it doesn't appear there....
  3. Quick Access actually still doesn't work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Quick Access actually still doesn't work: Yesterday Ramesh and Greg helped me get "Quick Access" working - to a degree. Now I notice that if you open a file from "File Explorer" it appears in "Quick Access" "Recent Activity". If you open it from within the application - say Excel - then it doesn't appear there....
  4. Why doesn't "Quick access" work properly

Why doesn't "Quick access" work properly: when I access the Quick Access folder all I get is 4 folders - Desktop, Downloads, Documents this PC and Pictures this PC. As someone who uses Onedrive almost completely this is useless. I've been working on my PC all day and none of the folders I've accessed appear here....
  5. Why doesn't "Quick access" work properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why doesn't "Quick access" work properly: when I access the Quick Access folder all I get is 4 folders - Desktop, Downloads, Documents this PC and Pictures this PC. As someone who uses Onedrive almost completely this is useless. I've been working on my PC all day and none of the folders I've accessed appear here....
  6. Quick Access Folders

Quick Access Folders: Why can't I rearrange Quick Access folders???And why did MS decide to drop so many useful things in Windows 11??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/quick-access-folders/25f95a18-2354-4aee-a8ff-8981d6bda929
  7. pin folder to quick access not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    pin folder to quick access not working: I cannot pin folders to quick access. It is only showing Recent Files. I've looked extensiely online and found simliar issues from 5 years ago and with an error message but I'm not getting an error message. Not comfortable messing with the registry - this pc is only a week...
  8. Quick Access File doesn't work

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Quick Access File doesn't work: Hello, After upgraded from W10 1703 to W10 1809 I have an issue, so far luckly in just two computers (one is mine :-| ). The symptom is that Office 2010 cannot store the recent files open. I can see just the recent folders. I have spent time to search some options or so......
  9. Duplicated Quick Access Shortcut

in Windows 10 Support
    Duplicated Quick Access Shortcut: I started having a problem with a shorcut of an app I uninstalled, I tried so restore the original using New Context Menu - Remove & Restore Default Menu Items - Windows 7 Help Forums but everything got ruined, now some shorcuts are duplicated, without name, and can't be...
  10. access denied on android phone

in Windows 10 Support
    access denied on android phone: hi looking for help please I have win 10 64 bit on dell OptiPlex, cannot transfer files from android phone to pc it comes up with access denied message it works fine for the other way round i.e. from pc to phone . it seems the problem is the pc as it works fine on my laptop...