Windows 10: Quick Access Sidebar Limit

Discus and support Quick Access Sidebar Limit in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I was wondering if it is possible to limit the number of folders that show up under "Quick Access" in the Explorer sidebar? Most of the time I don't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by rhinox202, Apr 1, 2016.

1. rhinox202 Win User

Quick Access Sidebar Limit

I was wondering if it is possible to limit the number of folders that show up under "Quick Access" in the Explorer sidebar? Most of the time I don't need access to frequent folders, so it would be nice to limit this to my "favorites". Currently, I have "Show frequently used folders" unchecked, which works, however, it would be nice to show frequent folders when clicking on Quick Access. The best of both worlds. At least in my mind.

:)

rhinox202, Apr 1, 2016

2. How do I restore my Quick Access Backup

Thanks for the quick response Hector. In preparation for trying your fix I deleted the .automaticDestination-ms files from the quick access directory and then magically the quick access links started populating themselves in the windows explorer sidebar.

EngineeringPM, Apr 1, 2016
  3. Catbill Win User
    Can't we sort Quick Access items?

In File Explorer, I want the items appearing under Quick Access to be sorted alphabetically. However, "sort" is grayed out.

Further down the list in the sidebar, items under "This PC" can be sorted. Why in the world is this not possible for Quick Access?

Catbill, Apr 1, 2016
Thema:

Quick Access Sidebar Limit

1. Quick Access Sidebar Limit - Similar Threads - Quick Access Sidebar

2. Problem with Win 11 Quick Access sidebar in Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with Win 11 Quick Access sidebar in Explorer: Hi there!After updating my win 10 to win 11, I have encountered a problem regarding quick access in explorer.Before the update, the quick access sidebar on the left of explorer used to be opened already. I had pinned my most used folders there so It was easy to navigate in...
  3. Problem with Win 11 Quick Access sidebar in Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with Win 11 Quick Access sidebar in Explorer: Hi there!After updating my win 10 to win 11, I have encountered a problem regarding quick access in explorer.Before the update, the quick access sidebar on the left of explorer used to be opened already. I had pinned my most used folders there so It was easy to navigate in...
  4. items accidentally removed under quick access sidebar

in Windows 10 Customization
    items accidentally removed under quick access sidebar: So i accidentally had some items removed from the side bar under quick access in file explorer. Problem is once you remove it you cant really get it to show back up so im in a bit of a bind. I also DONT WANT TO USE PIN to make them show all the time with a pin icon, just want...
  5. Pinning folders to explorer sidebar - NO QUICK ACCESS

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Pinning folders to explorer sidebar - NO QUICK ACCESS: [ATTACH] I recently migrated from Windows 7 and I can't assign folders to sidebar. I removed quick access using regedit because every time I opened explorer it changed the hierarchy of my folders. What registry values should I add to explorer to make it work? Can't pin...
  6. Quick Access Sidebar Vanished

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Quick Access Sidebar Vanished: Idk how. But my quick access sidebar is gone. How do I get it back? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/quick-access-sidebar-vanished/4911a49b-65ba-4e4e-8720-52207153d12c
  7. How to reset Quick Access sidebar icons?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to reset Quick Access sidebar icons?: By default Windows 10 Quick Access icons are displayed with no folder icon, like so: https://imgur.com/a/XGn65t0 However, mine display like this with the folder icon included which reduces ease in quickly identifying the folders: https://imgur.com/a/oaHNqhg Is there any...
  8. Increase quick access pin limit

in Windows 10 Support
    Increase quick access pin limit: Hey, Does anyone know how to increase the pinned items to the left in file explorer under quick access since i would like to have more but it wont let me since 48 pinned shortcuts seems to be the limit? When i search around i only find how to increases the pinned count when...
  9. Quick Access Limit

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Quick Access Limit: I have researched and it seems that the Quick Access File Explorer is supposed to pin up to 50 folders. Mine is only allowing me to pin 4 folders. Is there somewhere that I have limited the option to store 50 folders, if so, can you show me where? Thank you....
  10. Quick Access folder has disappeared from sidebar tree

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Quick Access folder has disappeared from sidebar tree: Need to get it back. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/quick-access-folder-has-disappeared-from-sidebar/1362ebd2-d524-4a21-a892-8c36f9540511