Windows 10: Quick Access Toolbar not responding

Discus and support Quick Access Toolbar not responding in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I went to customize the bar but when I clicked on "Customize Quick Access Toolbar" nothing happens. All I can do is add or delete the six options that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Silvera, Jul 30, 2015.

1. Silvera Win User

Quick Access Toolbar not responding

I went to customize the bar but when I clicked on "Customize Quick Access Toolbar" nothing happens. All I can do is add or delete the six options that is presented. I previously customized it and used that a lot! It is a deal breaker for me. Does anyone know of a work around or should a buy CD and reinstall 8.1 which came on the machine?

:)

Silvera, Jul 30, 2015
  2. Shawn Brink, Jul 30, 2015
  3. Jordsvin Win User
    Quick Access Toolbar

All of us already tried steps 1 and 2. Obviously.

It is not possible to pin anything to quick access. Not in any way.

It always says "XXX/XXX Already exists".

How about expanding your text "(Provide steps and disclaimer)" above?

Regards

Teet

Jordsvin, Jul 30, 2015
  4. Silvera Win User

Well I feel like an idiot! My comment was way off base. I was looking at a folder which is now formatted like Access or Excel window. It is an enhancement/improvement to folders. Sorry for wasting space and the time it took for folks to read my rant.

Silvera, Jul 30, 2015
Thema:

1. Quick Access Toolbar not responding - Similar Threads - Quick Access Toolbar

2. Desktop shortcut missing in quick access toolbar.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop shortcut missing in quick access toolbar.: Hi! How do I add desktop icon or shortcut to a folder quick access toolbar? It went missing after a system update, I guess. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-shortcut-missing-in-quick-access-toolbar/87fa877a-171b-4083-9973-9b6067d82bea
  3. Desktop shortcut missing in quick access toolbar.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop shortcut missing in quick access toolbar.: Hi! How do I add desktop icon or shortcut to a folder quick access toolbar? It went missing after a system update, I guess. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-shortcut-missing-in-quick-access-toolbar/87fa877a-171b-4083-9973-9b6067d82bea
  4. Quick Access toolbar for Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Quick Access toolbar for Windows 10: Is there any way to create a Quick Access toolbar for Windows 10? I had that toolbar in both Windows XP and Windows 7. I just got a new desktop and am trying my best to get used to this OS but I'd like to have that Quick Access toolbar back for the stuff I use the most....
  5. Quick Access Toolbar Not saving Pinned Items

Quick Access Toolbar Not saving Pinned Items: Win10PRO ver.20H2 OS build; 19042.804 Short Story; when you open explorer to see C: drive or any other drives, on the Left pane is QUICK ACCESS, Either by dragging something in there or rightclicking and adding it Quick Access, it stays but after a restart of the...
  6. How to get rid of Quick Access Toolbar?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to get rid of Quick Access Toolbar?: [ATTACH] Is there any way I can remove this? I accidentally pressed a few keys when I was trying to open my clipboard history and this showed up. I've been trying to find a fix, but to no avail. submitted by /u/lillie-senpai [link] [comments]...
  7. Quick Access Toolbar in file explorer is missing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Quick Access Toolbar in file explorer is missing: [ATTACH] Please help me, my quick access toolbar in file explorer is gone.. my view options are still on quick access and i just can seem to find any fix for it.. im thinking of reinstalling windows but i want that to do that as the last option.....
  8. How To Increase Height Of Quick Access Toolbar

How To Increase Height Of Quick Access Toolbar: Is there any way to increase the size (height) of the Quick Access Toolbar, so the icons will show larger? They are on the small size for my old eyes. I am meaning the Explorer toolbar under File, Home, Share, View, Drive Tools as per my screenshot. I know I can expand it by...
  9. disable the Quick Access toolbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    disable the Quick Access toolbar: The Quick Access toolbar comes up and interferes with my search. I never need anything in the Quick Access folder. I am usually looking for something that I did not use recently....
  10. Quick access toolbar

Quick access toolbar: I can't retrieve anything from thequick access toolbar & any document I try to access from other places goes to the toolbar. I need those documents but they will not go up from the toolbar...