Windows 10: Quick Access Toolbar not responding

Discus and support Quick Access Toolbar not responding in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I went to customize the bar but when I clicked on "Customize Quick Access Toolbar" nothing happens. All I can do is add or delete the six options that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Silvera, Jul 30, 2015.

1. Silvera Win User

Quick Access Toolbar not responding

I went to customize the bar but when I clicked on "Customize Quick Access Toolbar" nothing happens. All I can do is add or delete the six options that is presented. I previously customized it and used that a lot! It is a deal breaker for me. Does anyone know of a work around or should a buy CD and reinstall 8.1 which came on the machine?

:)

Silvera, Jul 30, 2015
  2. Shawn Brink, Jul 30, 2015
  3. Jordsvin Win User
    Quick Access Toolbar

All of us already tried steps 1 and 2. Obviously.

It is not possible to pin anything to quick access. Not in any way.

It always says "XXX/XXX Already exists".

How about expanding your text "(Provide steps and disclaimer)" above?

Regards

Teet

Jordsvin, Jul 30, 2015
  4. Silvera Win User

Well I feel like an idiot! My comment was way off base. I was looking at a folder which is now formatted like Access or Excel window. It is an enhancement/improvement to folders. Sorry for wasting space and the time it took for folks to read my rant.

Silvera, Jul 30, 2015
Thema:

1. Quick Access Toolbar not responding - Similar Threads - Quick Access Toolbar

2. Quick Launch is Not Available as a Toolbar on the Taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Quick Launch is Not Available as a Toolbar on the Taskbar: SYMPTOMS: When you right-click the taskbar and point to Toolbars, Quick Launch is not visible. Also, Quick Launch is not enabled by default as a toolbar on the taskbar. MORE INFORMATION: Windows 10 lets you pin your programs to the taskbar like users of Windows 7 and...
  3. quick access search toolbar at top of screen wont go away

quick access search toolbar at top of screen wont go away: my computer suddenly had a search tool bar appear at the top of the screen for quick access to the internet to search needed information without using the internet app pinned to the bottom of the screen. It is inconveniencing my view and wont let apps open fully, I've tried...
  4. disable the Quick Access toolbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    disable the Quick Access toolbar: The Quick Access toolbar comes up and interferes with my search. I never need anything in the Quick Access folder. I am usually looking for something that I did not use recently....
  5. Quick access toolbar

Quick access toolbar: I can't retrieve anything from thequick access toolbar & any document I try to access from other places goes to the toolbar. I need those documents but they will not go up from the toolbar...
  6. How to Change the Order of Quick Access Toolbar Items in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to Change the Order of Quick Access Toolbar Items in File Explorer: How do I change/reorder File Explorer's Quick Access Toolbar (QAT) items? I put a bunch of ribbon commands on the File Explorer Quick Access Toolbar but I'm not happy with the order in which they appear... I added them as I came across them and now I would like to resort them...
  7. Quick Launch toolbar stuck

Quick Launch toolbar stuck: Hello, I have messed up the taskbar, I "think" with Winaero Tweaker, trying to get the white text back so I can read anything (enable disable then enable colored title bars fixed that). While I did get the black text to turn white, either with the colored title bars or Aero...
  8. How to remove Quick Access Toolbar and Picture/Video/Application Tools

How to remove Quick Access Toolbar and Picture/Video/Application Tools: Hi, I did this on my previous laptop after upgrading to Windows 10 but can't seem to figure out how to do it on my new computer (also a Lenovo laptop, same line). I want to get rid of the Quick Acccess Toolbar completely (not the favorites folder in explorer but the...
  9. How Do I Remove The "Customize Quick Access Toolbar" Arrow?

How Do I Remove The "Customize Quick Access Toolbar" Arrow?: Refer to the image [img] Thanks! 61049
  10. Reset File Explorer Quick Access Toolbar to Default in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Reset File Explorer Quick Access Toolbar to Default in Windows 10: I think this may have affected my system with undesirable results. I'm having popup tooltip problems in AutoCAD where the tooltips close too quickly and some forums say that a registry edit could have caused it. Do you know how to undo your downloaded registry edit here?...