Windows 10: quick access

Discus and support quick access in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When I am in windows explorer and enter a folder on a mapped drive. I then click on pin current folder to quick access. It puts the current folder.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by rac8006, May 6, 2016.

1. rac8006 Win User

quick access

When I am in windows explorer and enter a folder on a mapped drive. I then click on pin current folder to quick access. It puts the current folder. Lets call it video. Now in the quick access is a folder named video. But if the folder video has a sub folder called temp and I click on the temp folder. Now under the quick access is the temp folder not the video folder. I have tried several different times to pin the video folder to the quick access. Later it disappears.

How do I keep the video folder in the quick access.

Thanks
    RAC

:)

rac8006, May 6, 2016

2. Quick access

Quick Access is just helpful shortcuts, so your file itself isn't really gone. If you removed a file from "Quick Access", the file itself stays in the original place (for example, your Documents folder or wherever else it actually was). Only the shortcut
    here has been removed.

As for turning the history back on, you can do this:

1) Right-click the Quick Access heading in the navigation pane and choose Options

2) At the bottom, turn on the "show recently used files" checkbox and then click OK

Now recent files you use will start showing up again in Quick Access as you use them.

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], May 6, 2016
  3. Moobles Win User
    Quick Access

I tried this & it didn't work for me either. Thank you.

Moobles, May 6, 2016
Thema:

quick access

1. quick access - Similar Threads - quick access

2. On Windows 11, Home window is "remove from recent" the same as "remove from quick access"...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    On Windows 11, Home window is "remove from recent" the same as "remove from quick access"...: Hope someone can helpKind regardsDoug Macey https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/on-windows-11-home-window-is-remove-from-recent/9931c5ac-8bdd-4053-a8a6-2e4beb59306c
  3. On Windows 11, Home window is "remove from recent" the same as "remove from quick access"...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    On Windows 11, Home window is "remove from recent" the same as "remove from quick access"...: Hope someone can helpKind regardsDoug Macey https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/on-windows-11-home-window-is-remove-from-recent/9931c5ac-8bdd-4053-a8a6-2e4beb59306c
  4. quick access not showing folders when using file explorer. windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    quick access not showing folders when using file explorer. windows 11: the quick access area on top of files when opening file explorer, no longer theirfile explorer only shows recent and favorite filesi have run DISM.exe came back with no problem....
  5. quick access not showing folders when using file explorer. windows 11

quick access not showing folders when using file explorer. windows 11: the quick access area on top of files when opening file explorer, no longer theirfile explorer only shows recent and favorite filesi have run DISM.exe came back with no problem....
  6. Downloads folder won't load, but only from quick access.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Downloads folder won't load, but only from quick access.: I have a user that his Downloads folder will load forever, and the CPU usage goes to 100% when he tries opening it up from quick access. If I go through C -> Users -> his user and then Downloads, it opens just fine.What I tried so far: - I removed it from quick access and...
  7. Downloads folder won't load, but only from quick access.

Downloads folder won't load, but only from quick access.: I have a user that his Downloads folder will load forever, and the CPU usage goes to 100% when he tries opening it up from quick access. If I go through C -> Users -> his user and then Downloads, it opens just fine.What I tried so far: - I removed it from quick access and...
  8. In Windows 11 my documents folder will not pin to the quick access menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    In Windows 11 my documents folder will not pin to the quick access menu: In windows 11 my "Documents" folder will not pin the the quick access area. can anyone help as it is getting to be a pest having to use the "user" route to get to "Documents"...
  9. In Windows 11 my documents folder will not pin to the quick access menu

In Windows 11 my documents folder will not pin to the quick access menu: In windows 11 my "Documents" folder will not pin the the quick access area. can anyone help as it is getting to be a pest having to use the "user" route to get to "Documents"...
  10. lost the folders that were under quick access

lost the folders that were under quick access: I have lost the folders that were under quick access, all these folders were saved on the desktop. Some folders can be seen but are empty inside, everything else is there its just selected folders those under quick access that are messed up. Please help, very frustrating.P.S:...