Windows 10: quick access

Discus and support quick access in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When I am in windows explorer and enter a folder on a mapped drive. I then click on pin current folder to quick access. It puts the current folder.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by rac8006, May 6, 2016.

1. rac8006 Win User

quick access

When I am in windows explorer and enter a folder on a mapped drive. I then click on pin current folder to quick access. It puts the current folder. Lets call it video. Now in the quick access is a folder named video. But if the folder video has a sub folder called temp and I click on the temp folder. Now under the quick access is the temp folder not the video folder. I have tried several different times to pin the video folder to the quick access. Later it disappears.

How do I keep the video folder in the quick access.

Thanks
    RAC

:)

rac8006, May 6, 2016

2. Quick access

Quick Access is just helpful shortcuts, so your file itself isn't really gone. If you removed a file from "Quick Access", the file itself stays in the original place (for example, your Documents folder or wherever else it actually was). Only the shortcut
    here has been removed.

As for turning the history back on, you can do this:

1) Right-click the Quick Access heading in the navigation pane and choose Options

2) At the bottom, turn on the "show recently used files" checkbox and then click OK

Now recent files you use will start showing up again in Quick Access as you use them.

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], May 6, 2016
  3. Moobles Win User
    Quick Access

I tried this & it didn't work for me either. Thank you.

Moobles, May 6, 2016
Thema:

quick access

1. quick access - Similar Threads - quick access

2. Quick access missing in file explorer.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Quick access missing in file explorer.: Cant get quick access to come up and not sure why [ATTACH] any ideas? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/quick-access-missing-in-file-explorer/595eabd2-5403-42e8-b335-cfb9dc75b289"
  3. Quick Access Look ISSUE!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Quick Access Look ISSUE!: Hi, I am experiencing issue with Quick Access view from few days, it looks like above image, instead of [ATTACH] looking like this [ATTACH] What should I do to make it looks like previous...
  4. Cannot reorder "Desktop" in Quick Access

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot reorder "Desktop" in Quick Access: I have a brand new PC with Windows 10 pro (17763). I can pin Desktop to Quick Access but I cannot drag and drop it to reorder it. I can drag and drop every other items in the list one by one (Documents, Downloads and some folders) to move Desktop all the way to the top....
  5. Quick access links are not showing after Windows update.

Quick access links are not showing after Windows update.: I have just run a Windows 10 update. Now I find my quick access links all GONE. Something I use daily. Now I have to stop and spend time setting this all back up. Why. Why would you do that? Why in the world would that disappear? So annoying. Will this happen every...
  6. Windows Update removed all my Quick Access links

Windows Update removed all my Quick Access links: I have just run a Windows 10 update. Now I find my quick access links all GONE. Something I use daily. Now I have to stop and spend time setting this all back up. Why. Why would you do that? Why in the world would that disappear? So annoying. Will this happen every...
  7. File Explorer - Files under the "Recent Files" drop down inside Quick Access are showing as...

File Explorer - Files under the "Recent Files" drop down inside Quick Access are showing as...: [ATTACH] Here is how I re-created this bug: 1. Open an image file in Paint 2. Export "Test.png" to the Desktop 3. Open File Explorer and go to Quick Access. 4. The files appear as 0 kb. For some reason the files are also sometimes missing the Date Modified. When I...
  8. Quick Access folders keep resetting to default

Quick Access folders keep resetting to default: For no apparent reason all the folders I place in Quick Access in File Explorer keep disappearing and being replaced by the defaults every time my PC goes to sleep then wakes up again, or restarts. I keep replacing them, but they keep vanishing again and again... :( This...
  9. How to directly open a folder on my OneDrive via Windows 10 File Explorer Quick Access?

How to directly open a folder on my OneDrive via Windows 10 File Explorer Quick Access?: How to directly open a folder on my OneDrive via Windows 10 File Explorer Quick Access? I want to open folders which are on my OneDrive directly via the Quick Access list in Windows 10 File Explorer. To do this I add folders to Quick Access via the "Pin current folder to...
  10. Adding shortcuts to File Explorer Quick Access OR customizing name of pinned folders in...

Adding shortcuts to File Explorer Quick Access OR customizing name of pinned folders in...: Just got upgraded to Win10 PRO from Win7 PRO at work. I work for an Architect where there are multiple projects where primary folder is unique, and there is a subfolder I need to open up within each projects. The subfolder for each project is labelled 'Specs'. In Windows 7 I...