Windows 10: Quick Assist - Give assistance - login - white window - no code etc

Discus and support Quick Assist - Give assistance - login - white window - no code etc in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 1607 build 14393.187 Run "Quick Assist" as Administrator ( or user account, makes no difference) Login with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MIchaelJOYoung, Sep 13, 2016.

1. Quick Assist - Give assistance - login - white window - no code etc

Hi,
    Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 1607 build 14393.187
    Run "Quick Assist" as Administrator ( or user account, makes no difference)
    Login with Microsoft outlook.com account
    Quick Assist window clears and for further information is displayed
    Window is not frozen, can minimized, restored or moved, click mouse anywhere in window, no result

Quick Assist - Give assistance - login - white window - no code etc [​IMG]

Same PC can run Quick Assist, Get assistance, enter code from sending PC, Submit, screen sharing works as expected.

Help Please?
    Thanks in Advance
    Michael

:)

MIchaelJOYoung, Sep 13, 2016
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Quick Assist

The person performing the helping gets the 6 digit code, they Email or text the code to the person requiring the help . . .

Launch the Quick Assist tool. It's listed under the Windows Accessories folder - or just search the Start menu for "Quick Assist."

2. In the Quick Assist window that appears, click Give Assistance

Launching Windows 10 Quick Assist

To help another Windows 10 user remotely, launch the Quick Assist app and choose Give Assistance.

3. Sign in with your Microsoft Online account.

4. Quick Assist generates a 6-digit security code. Give this code (by email, instant messenger, text or voice call) to the person whose computer you will need to connect to. After 10 minutes, this code will become invalid.

DaveM121, Sep 13, 2016
  3. jsheaott Win User
    Quick Assist - how to sign out ?

Earlier I signed onto OneDrive app using a colleague's login (with permission) to obtain some files.

Now I am trying to give help my son help via "Quick Assist".

When I give the person I am helping the code, it is my colleague's name that shows up as the one giving assistance!

I have disconnected from the OneDrive via "unlink this PC"

Still getting my colleague's name being sent (instead of mine) when I give help via Quick Assist. There are no settings options in Quick Assist ? Nothing in Windows credentials is related.

jsheaott, Sep 13, 2016
Thema:

Quick Assist - Give assistance - login - white window - no code etc

1. Quick Assist - Give assistance - login - white window - no code etc - Similar Threads - Quick Assist assistance

2. Quick Assist: give assistance to more than one PC at once

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Quick Assist: give assistance to more than one PC at once: I am using Quick Assist on Windows 10 to remotely help my brother who has networking problems between his 3 PCs. To do this effectively I need to view and control at least two of his PCs at the same time. Wikipedia says this is possible, but no seach query I can come up...
  3. Quick Assist after v1909 upgrade Give assistance

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Quick Assist after v1909 upgrade Give assistance: Today after the upgrade to v1909, when I click the 'Assist another person' button, instead of giving me the code like it has every other time, I am redirected to a webpage to Get assistance with a box to enter a code. I am unable to help now....
  4. Quick assist - Give assistance not working with MFA

in Windows 10 Customization
    Quick assist - Give assistance not working with MFA: I have an issue when I try to provide assistance with the tool Quick assist. When clicking on Give assistance, it request me to select an account. When selecting an Microsoft account who have MFA enable, I'm redirected to a web page IE or Edge both tested to validate the MFA...
  5. Quick Assist cannot give assistance

Quick Assist cannot give assistance: It's July 25, 2019 and I can find plenty of content about Quick Assist, but not a single reference to explain why my version is missing the "Give Assistance" option. What is broken here? Using: Windows 10 Enterprise v1607 (bld 14393.2273), Quick Assist version...
  6. Quick Assist Give Assistance no longer generates a code

Quick Assist Give Assistance no longer generates a code: I was so happy to see Quick Assist in Windows 10. I'm able to help my parents who live on the other side of the country when they run into issues. For a while it worked like a charm. I would open Quick Assist, click the Assist another person button and then generate the code...
  7. Quick Assist white screen

Quick Assist white screen: I start quick Assist and it quickly goes to all white except the window header bar. Have used this production happily for many months, but it started failing 12/7/2018....
  8. Quick Assist asking for login

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Quick Assist asking for login: After running Quick Assist then click Give Assistance . A page opens to Sign in to your account and asks me to long in with my username. I'm already logged in to my computer. Then it goes to Microsoft Quick Assist and a blank page. I kept the urls short. I've used Quick...
  9. Quick Assist - NO code *RESOLVED*

in Windows 10 Support
    Quick Assist - NO code *RESOLVED*: System clock was an hour ahead. When corrected, QA began listing a code. Go figger... Quick Assist on Win 10 Pro Desktop will not issue a "give assistance" code and the counter remains at zero. Occasionally a code does flicker, briefly. Four different system images,...
  10. Get and Give Remote Assistance with Quick Assist app in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Get and Give Remote Assistance with Quick Assist app in Windows 10: How to: Get and Give Remote Assistance with Quick Assist app in Windows 10 How to Get and Give Remote Assistance with Quick Assist app in Windows 10 The Quick Assist app enables two people to share a computer over a remote connection so that one person can help solve...