Windows 10: (Quick before I crash!) USB driver causes BSOD, freeze, restarts....

Discus and support (Quick before I crash!) USB driver causes BSOD, freeze, restarts.... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, After having had several random freezes shortly after a rather slower than normal startup, followed but sudden shutdowns/restarts if it would stay... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by chumbo, May 14, 2018.

1. chumbo Win User

(Quick before I crash!) USB driver causes BSOD, freeze, restarts....

Hi,
    After having had several random freezes shortly after a rather slower than normal startup, followed but sudden shutdowns/restarts if it would stay up & running for a while, as well as BSODs, I finally got one BSOD with a message which was:

(Quick before I crash!) USB driver causes BSOD, freeze, restarts.... [​IMG]

As often the case, after several crashes, it eventually will usually run smoothly for the rest of the day.
    I'm running Win10 x64, last version I guess since it does it's updates on it's own.
    I hope you have all the information you need, if not, don't hesitate to ask!
    Hope someone can help!
    Thanks,

:)

chumbo, May 14, 2018

2. Computer freezing and crashing with BSOD asusTP.sys and USBehci.sys

So, my computer freezes often when i use it. I tried to solve it on my own, but it seems to be beyound my knowledge.

first of all, mostly my pc crashes without any warning. it just freezes in place and i have to hard reboot because everything stops working.

Some days before it just showed a BSOD with errors on these metioned drivers. So i had a clue that the crashes were caused by currupted drivers.

I thought about many issues, did memchecks wich showed no problems and updated drivers to no avail.

today, when i gave up, my computer crashed again with BSOD saying the problem was again with AsusTP.sys

I tried to read the dump files on my minidump folder, but i really have no idea how to read it properly and how to find the problem, so this is beyound my current knowledge.

I thought about deleting asusTP.sys from my system just to see if i could, but the computer says it is in use and i can't do that.

please, someone help me.

Henrique.Machado, May 16, 2018
  3. Driver Errors(?) Causing Crashes/BSODs

These crashes were related to memory corruption (probably caused by a driver).

Please run these two tests to verify your memory and find which driver is causing the problem. Please run verifier first. You do not need to run memtest yet unless verifier does not find the cause, or you want to.

If you are over-clocking anything reset to default before running these tests.

In other words STOP!!! If you do not know what this means you probably are not

1-Driver verifier (for complete directions see our wiki here)

answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wiki/windows_other-system/driver-verifier-tracking-down-a-mis-behaving/f5cb4faf-556b-4b6d-95b3-c48669e4c983

2-Memtest. (You can read more about running memtest here)

answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wiki/windows_other-system/bsod-memory-problems-test-easily-and-completely/21c3f63f-f570-4522-b2ef-ecc7b7ff6461

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), May 16, 2018
Thema:

(Quick before I crash!) USB driver causes BSOD, freeze, restarts....

1. (Quick before I crash!) USB driver causes BSOD, freeze, restarts.... - Similar Threads - Quick before crash

2. BSOD Caused by USB Audio 2 Driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD Caused by USB Audio 2 Driver: Hello there,I'm having trouble with my USB Audio Driver for a long time. My USB sound card has been working abnormally on my laptop recently causing applications to become unresponsive and even causing system crashes. The sound card itself has no problem. I've tested on my...
  3. BSOD Caused by USB Audio 2 Driver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD Caused by USB Audio 2 Driver: Hello there,I'm having trouble with my USB Audio Driver for a long time. My USB sound card has been working abnormally on my laptop recently causing applications to become unresponsive and even causing system crashes. The sound card itself has no problem. I've tested on my...
  4. Windows 11 causing BSOD restarts with tcpip.sys driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 causing BSOD restarts with tcpip.sys driver: Hello,For several weeks now, my laptop keeps crashing without warning. It does not matter if many or fewer windows are open or what is being worked on.Except for onboard antivirus / firewall nothing is installed on foreign security software.There is no way to track the...
  5. Enabling and Updating GPU drivers cause freeze/bsod

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Enabling and Updating GPU drivers cause freeze/bsod: Everytime I enable my GPU 940mx my laptop freezes. And everytime I update it it turns BSOD with DPC WATCHDOG. I was using it while playing then suddenly my game froze and the laptop turned off, conducted a restart and displayed srttrail BSOD. Until I decided to disable gpu,...
  6. Enabling and Updating GPU drivers cause freeze/bsod

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Enabling and Updating GPU drivers cause freeze/bsod: Everytime I enable my GPU 940mx my laptop freezes. And everytime I update it it turns BSOD with DPC WATCHDOG. I was using it while playing then suddenly my game froze and the laptop turned off, conducted a restart and displayed srttrail BSOD. Until I decided to disable gpu,...
  7. New Parts and Drivers Causing Crashes and BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    New Parts and Drivers Causing Crashes and BSOD: Yesterday I put a new MB, processor, and RAM into my PC. I created a restore point before, and a restore point before running Verifier.exe. I have the crash logs. I have been doing troubleshooting since Friday, and most problems have been resolved, except for...
  8. Driver causing crashing, no bsod.

Driver causing crashing, no bsod.: I believe one of my drivers is causing crashing on my windows 10 but I do not get a bsod or any error codes. I set up driver verifier and it wouldn't let me back into windows without bsod. I had to go into safe mode and disable it to boot normally. These are two crash dumps...
  9. BSOD, sudden restart and GPU drivers crashing!

BSOD, sudden restart and GPU drivers crashing!: Hello! After installing Windows 10 pro 64-bit v1903 on my newly built PC (ryzen 5 1600, asus b350 plus, msi armor rx 480 8gb oc), it kept crashing randomly while gaming or just when browsing the web. Sometimes the system would restart, taking a lot of time, sometimes the...
  10. BSOD or freezing during Shutdown/Restart, no USB, No Update

BSOD or freezing during Shutdown/Restart, no USB, No Update: I recently built a new PC, initially everything was OK but now I get a number of problem sysmptoms (please see SYMPTOMS below). It's slightly more complicated than that because the PC switches between Good Mode and Bad Mode. In Bad Mode I get all the SYMPTOMS but in Good...