Windows 10: Quick CMD-Prompt pops up and disappears - Related to Activation Key..?

Discus and support Quick CMD-Prompt pops up and disappears - Related to Activation Key..? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Noticed when I install a fresh copy of Windows 10 Creators Update and don't have the computer connected to the network / internet... When the PC... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Thelps, Jun 11, 2018.

1. Thelps Win User

Quick CMD-Prompt pops up and disappears - Related to Activation Key..?

Noticed when I install a fresh copy of Windows 10 Creators Update and don't have the computer connected to the network / internet...

When the PC starts and logs in to the desktop I notice one or sometimes two CMD Prompt-like Windows quickly appear and disappear on the screen. (They flash up and disappear near-instantaneously).

Is this related to Windows Product Key authentication?

Just need someone who has the knowledge or time to confirm this on a fresh install to give their advice.

Simply trying to rule out malware which might have been installed when I was away from the computer.

:)

Thelps, Jun 11, 2018

2. "winupdater.exe" CMD Prompt Pop-Up

Today, I started getting a command prompt pop-up. It opens up and immediately closes. It's kinda annoying when I'm playing games because it messes me up. However, the name of the CMD Prompt is, "winupdater.exe".

Please help!

AndreiFloreaRP, Jun 11, 2018
  3. Are cmd prompts the same on windows 10 as they are in 8

Hi Marcus,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Yes, the command prompt in Windows 10 is same as Windows 8. You can open the Command prompt by following methods.

• Press Windows key + X and click on Command prompt.
    (OR)

• Press Windows Key + X and click on Command prompt (admin) to open
      cmd with admin privileges.
    (OR)

• Press Windows key + R, type cmd and hit
      Enter

Please let us know if you are facing any issues with the command prompt. We'll be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Azaruddin Syed, Jun 11, 2018
Thema:

Quick CMD-Prompt pops up and disappears - Related to Activation Key..?

1. Quick CMD-Prompt pops up and disappears - Related to Activation Key..? - Similar Threads - Quick CMD Prompt

2. cmd prompt keeps popping up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cmd prompt keeps popping up: everytime i am doing something on chrome ,I'll get this popup:windows\\system 32/cmd. how can i get rid of it for good. My computer originally had windows 10 and now has windows 11 home....
  3. cmd prompt keeps popping up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cmd prompt keeps popping up: everytime i am doing something on chrome ,I'll get this popup:windows\\system 32/cmd. how can i get rid of it for good. My computer originally had windows 10 and now has windows 11 home....
  4. system32 cmd suddenly pop up and disappear

in Windows 10 Gaming
    system32 cmd suddenly pop up and disappear: how can i fix that after pc on. for a while is show upsame this videohttps://youtu.be/AUNCvP9yeFw https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system32-cmd-suddenly-pop-up-and-disappear/09a47b03-a113-4c4f-baab-72da215f562d
  5. system32 cmd suddenly pop up and disappear

system32 cmd suddenly pop up and disappear: how can i fix that after pc on. for a while is show upsame this videohttps://youtu.be/AUNCvP9yeFw https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system32-cmd-suddenly-pop-up-and-disappear/09a47b03-a113-4c4f-baab-72da215f562d
  6. Window pops up and disappears Not CMD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window pops up and disappears Not CMD: There is a window that keeps poping up and disappearing instantly in Windows 11 but it does not look like a CMD window, more like some program but I can't tell what it is because it happens way too fast. I tried screen recording to try and pick it up but it does not show at...
  7. Window pops up and disappears Not CMD

Window pops up and disappears Not CMD: There is a window that keeps poping up and disappearing instantly in Windows 11 but it does not look like a CMD window, more like some program but I can't tell what it is because it happens way too fast. I tried screen recording to try and pick it up but it does not show at...
  8. cmd popping up for a second and then disappearing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    cmd popping up for a second and then disappearing: hi all, i try to go into the cmd on my computer but all that happens is that the window opens for a split second and then closes immediately. i managed to get a screen shot of the error. i ran all kinds of antivirus but nothing popped up. tyia[ATTACH]...
  9. Bitsjobs cmd prompt random pop ups

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Bitsjobs cmd prompt random pop ups: Hi all, After an attack of intrusive software which I have now resolved I keep getting command prompt popping up for a split second. I managed to capture the command with a screen recorder and slow motion play back.. After reading a thread from 2014 on here I followed...
  10. Random CMD prompt popping up at times ???

in Windows 10 Support
    Random CMD prompt popping up at times ???: So i keep getting this random CMD prompt that flashes on my desktop it happens so fast i cant see what the heck it is, it just pop up and flashes has writing on it then is gone, it did this before creator and is still doing it after, but how do i find out what the heck it is?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows activation cmd phone prompt pop up

2. windows cmd pop up nov 2018