Windows 10: Quick Launch bar won't take icons

Discus and support Quick Launch bar won't take icons in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Today I had problems getting my system cleaned out of Adobe's Creative Cloud and reinstalling an old version of Photoshop. When I was done, I went to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ccbrundage, Aug 14, 2017.

1. Quick Launch bar won't take icons

Today I had problems getting my system cleaned out of Adobe's Creative Cloud and reinstalling an old version of Photoshop. When I was done, I went to add the PS icon to the Quick Launch bar but I got the red circle with the bar across it. Same with any other icons. The ones that are already there work fine. I have googled the problem but can't find a solution. With carpal tunnel syndrome, I have a lot of icons on the Quick Launch bar to avoid extra clicks. Any help gratefully received!

:)

ccbrundage, Aug 14, 2017

2. n9 modify quick launch bar

how can i edit the quick launch bar's icons?

theking2---01, Aug 14, 2017
  3. Missing Windows 10 icon

I have a slightly different issue. I've installed Windows 10 on three of my machines but on my notebook the search icon (the magnifying glass) is missing from the quick launch bar. Even clicking on the Windows icon won't allow me to search. My other
    machines display the icon. How do I restore it in the notebook?

gymnast46UL, Aug 14, 2017
  4. Quick Launch bar won't take icons

Hi ccbrundage. Welcome to the TenForums @ccbrundage

By quick launch I assume you mean the Task Bar or are you using an app to alter Start, something like "Classic Shell" ?

If it is the Task bar and you see the item in the long list of apps please right click icon. Do you get the option to pin to "Start". In that same menu is there a "More"? Within more is there an option to Pin to Task Bar? If so click.

If not there is often an Option to Open file location. If you do that you can right click exe, then Send to desktop as Shortcut. Drag shortcut to Task Bar and then delete short cut. Long but should work.

If you are using an app to alter Start please advise and another member may be able to help.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Aug 14, 2017
  5. Hi, Ken,

Yes, Quick Launch being the bar at the bottom. I had already tried all those and nothing works. And in case anyone wonders if the toolbar is locked, no, it isn't. If I can't resolve this, I'll have to figure out making a macro.

ccbrundage, Aug 14, 2017
  6. Eagle51 Win User
    Hey ccbrundage,
    Are your referring to a Quick Launch Tool Bar, which sits on the Task Bar ?

Eagle51, Aug 14, 2017
  7. Not sure if it matters what you call it - it's where I drag all my icons I need to open quickly. If people are happier with me calling it the Taskbar I will.

Quick Launch bar won't take icons [​IMG]

ccbrundage, Aug 14, 2017
  8. Quick Launch bar won't take icons

Sorry - didn't mean to upload 2 images.

ccbrundage, Aug 14, 2017
  9. Eagle51 Win User
    No worries, I was just double checking *Smile

Eagle51, Aug 14, 2017
  10. Caledon Ken, Aug 14, 2017
  11. I used System Restore which I try to avoid since a time when it crashed in the middle of restoring and I ended up with a major problem. But this time it worked and my icons are able to be moved onto the taskbar. Many thanks for the suggestions and time!

ccbrundage, Aug 14, 2017
  12. Time to check out Macrium Reflect. Free, reliable and member recommended.

Backup and Restore with Macrium Reflect

This can eliminate the need for System Restore or at least give you a Plan "C".

Ken

Caledon Ken, Aug 15, 2017
  13. alganonim Win User

Quick Launch bar won't take icons

alganonim, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Quick Launch bar won't take icons

1. Quick Launch bar won't take icons - Similar Threads - Quick Launch bar

2. Windows Search/Quick Launch Bar Not Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Search/Quick Launch Bar Not Working: Hello. I am having a problem Windows Search in W10. I keep Windows up to date. Recnetly the "Type Here To Search" box stopped allowing any input, either by typing or by ctrl-v pasting. Additionally, the Search process is not running in task manager, though the WSearch service...
  3. Quick launch icons randomly disappear.

in Windows 10 Support
    Quick launch icons randomly disappear.: So this only happened recently, and only about four times (within say two months), and it seems random, but some of my quick launch icons by my clock just randomly disappear. I can't figure out why. Like they will all be there like the picture below, but then one day Dropbox...
  4. Quick Launch icons?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Quick Launch icons?: How do I Change the icon size on the Quick Launch list? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/quick-launch-icons/a1bd1b0d-244e-41c7-912a-e8a797fbad1d
  5. Quick Launch Toolbar Icons

Quick Launch Toolbar Icons: The icons in my Quick Launch toolbar seem to change sizes after reboot ... and sometimes even without a reboot. Sometimes they're the same height at the regular toolbar, and sometimes they're smaller. When smaller they're really too small and make the Quick Launch toolbar...
  6. Desktop Quick Launch -tool bar

Desktop Quick Launch -tool bar: So basically I noticed that this nifty toolbar option see below does not work in Windows 10. Basically your items on the desktop populate and you can quickly navigate to and from different apps/shortcuts etc. When you try launching the toolbar and windows explorer just...
  7. Size of Quick Launch icons changed

in Windows 10 Support
    Size of Quick Launch icons changed: Hello all, I have a very populated Quick Launch area with the icons set to small on my work computer. Today I found that the icons in the QL changed in size; previously I had the task bar two lines high and two lines of icons fit in the area. If I want to fit two lines of...
  8. quick launch: how to reorder icons

in Windows 10 Support
    quick launch: how to reorder icons: I have installed Quick Launch on my Windows 10 task bar. It works ! However, I would like to reorder the icons in a way that makes sense to me. The only reordering I have been able to discover so far is to move an icon to the end of the list. Is there a way to directly...
  9. Customise size of Quick Launch icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Customise size of Quick Launch icons: I have a Quick Launch bar on the left-hand side of my taskbar. If I select 'Small icons', the icons are incredibly small, and it is difficult to hit a specific one quickly. [img] If I select 'Large icons' then they are incredibly large, to the point that they...
  10. Cannot totally collapse quick launch bar

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot totally collapse quick launch bar: Hello, This is admittedly a pretty low priority thing, but has been annoying me none the less. I'm a big fan of the quick launch bar, and have successfully added it to my Windows 10 (Vers 1607) task bar. In Windows 7, I could collapse the quick launch bar fully, so that...