Windows 10: Quick query

Discus and support Quick query in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I just found this article How to Disable SMBv1 and Protect Your Windows PC From Attack and checked my settings and he box is still ticked so should I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ICIT2LOL, Aug 24, 2017.

1. ICIT2LOL Win User

Quick query

ICIT2LOL, Aug 24, 2017
  2. mccbleue Win User

Quick Nokia 6120 query

Is your phone operator branded? Some networks that support a second line on their SIMs have the # key to switch lines instead of profiles in their software versions.

Unfortunately, the manuals published by Nokia are standard and the networks never seldom publish errata for their brended models outlining the differences.

mccbleue, Aug 24, 2017
  3. Quick Nokia 6120 query

Yes it is T Mobile branded.

I understand what you are saying, Thanks.

It does switch from UMTS and GSM networks on its own too.

Maybe you're right and this function deosn't work, but I ccan select a different profile easily enough by pressing the on/off button once ans selecting a new one from there.

Many Thanks.

davepw---01, Aug 24, 2017
  4. Eagle51 Win User

Quick query

Hey ICIT2LOL,
    From what I understand ... MS still has the Computer Browser tied to SMBv1, so you need it installed. However, you don't have to use it (if you don't need it) and it can be disabled for the Server or Client (or Both) ... PC is both a Server & Client in the SMB context.

Note: MS has patched SMBv1 (MS17-010: Security update for Windows SMB Server: March 14, 2017)

Eagle51, Aug 24, 2017
  5. ICIT2LOL Win User
    Thanks Eagle mate to be honest I don't really understand all that stuff properly anyway as there are so many settings and features etc etc it sort of messes with this brain*Redface

ICIT2LOL, Aug 24, 2017
  6. Eagle51 Win User
    I hear ya .... and unless you're having issues where network PCs / Shares are not showing up in File Explorer ... I wouldn't mess with the stuff *Smile

Eagle51, Aug 24, 2017
  7. ICIT2LOL Win User
    Ok and thanks again for the explanation*Smile

ICIT2LOL, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Quick query

1. Quick query - Similar Threads - Quick query

2. Quick Access in Windows Explorer query

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Quick Access in Windows Explorer query: Hi guys, Hopefully an easy one, although I couldn't find the answer online anywhere at all...I have added a few folders to my Quick Access, but go to attach an email or upload a document, as soon as the Window opens to locate the document, the bar on the left is scrolled all...
  3. Quick Access in Windows Explorer query

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Quick Access in Windows Explorer query: Hi guys, Hopefully an easy one, although I couldn't find the answer online anywhere at all...I have added a few folders to my Quick Access, but go to attach an email or upload a document, as soon as the Window opens to locate the document, the bar on the left is scrolled all...
  4. Quick Access in Windows Explorer query

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. File explorer and quick access query

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File explorer and quick access query: Hi, I am a Windows 10 user with all updates up-to-date. Recently, my File explorer icons look like a page with the corner turned over - no normal file image and at the same time the quick access search never finishes?...
  6. A quick query re updatin6 to Windows 10 2004

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    A quick query re updatin6 to Windows 10 2004: Windows 10 Pro - Windows Version Number: 1909 (OS Build 18363.836) A pretty new user of Windows 10 and I've held back on updating to version 2004 for the moment by deferring Feature Updates for a few weeks in WIndows Update / Advanced Options. I now get this message in...
  7. A quick query

in Windows 10 Customization
    A quick query: In the Control Panel > Colour Management it has settings for gamma brightness etc etc and the font stuff too. Now what i would like to know is why when I set mine to what I find comfortable and easy to read the next time I start the machine those settings have gone back to...
  8. A quick query

in Browsers and Email
    A quick query: Have obviously touched something but heck knows what see pic how can I revert the darn windows please. 92873
  9. Quick query

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Quick query: I have a friend who has a very low monthly broadband download limit and is not able to download large updates like the current Creator for example without chewing through her allowance in no time flat. Now her brother has a superlative and very large download capability...
  10. Just a quick query

in Windows 10 Support
    Just a quick query: I came across this article in HTG and am wondering if Ubuntu or any other Linux OS system can be run on a) a 10 system dual boot b) can it be installed on hardware that is specifically made to be only supporting 10 (and any future system) How to Install and Use the Linux Bash...