Windows 10: Quick question about a clean install.

Discus and support Quick question about a clean install. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I've been wanting to do a clean install of windows 10 for a long time. I have windows 10, but I want to reinstall it. I want to start fresh, so I've... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by sammyandsam, Dec 11, 2015.

1. Quick question about a clean install.

I've been wanting to do a clean install of windows 10 for a long time. I have windows 10, but I want to reinstall it.
    I want to start fresh, so I've backed up my files.
    I just have one question, will I need to reinstall my drivers? Because I have no idea where to find drivers for my sound card.

:)

sammyandsam, Dec 11, 2015
  2. nikola03 Win User

A quick question about the N95's TV Out

Since the headset and the tv out go into the same entry Quick question about a clean install. :D I was wondering what is the maximum power of the headphones that i can put in ?? (if possible give me the precise number)

nikola03, Dec 11, 2015
  3. A quick question about the N95's TV Out

Actually you can also put a high impedance headphone there.

el_loco---01, Dec 11, 2015
  4. BunnyJ New Member

Quick question about a clean install.

You really don't need to do a clean instillation. So far I've been just using updates and things have gone fine., The only clean instillation I did was with with build 10240 and then I updated 1511 over it with zero issues. And if you did do a clean instillation I bet the drivers that MS finds will work. Well, it seems it did.

Jeff

BunnyJ, Dec 11, 2015
  5. OldMike65 Win User
    Do a image backup 1st, using a program like Acronis, not free, or Macrium Reflect free. Then if your clean install has problems you can go back to your working copy of Windows. Windows should find your drivers, but always good idea to make a image backup 1st.
    Keep it on a 2nd drive, not on main drive.

OldMike65, Dec 11, 2015
  6. spapakons Win User
    You could open Device Manager (search for device to see link) to see which audio card you have, but this is not always helpful if you get something like "HD Audio". Fortunately there are some utilities that can tell you exactly what hardware you have even before installing any drivers. One of them (I think the best) is Aida64, You don't have to register, the trial version should do the job fine. Use it to see all the hardware details (chipset, graphics, audio, network etc) so you know which drivers you have to download. Do not rely only at motherboard's or notebook's site because they usually have outdated drivers or not provide Windows 10 drivers at all. To get the latest versions visit hardware manufacturer's site (Intel, Realtek etc). If for some device you cannot find Windows 10 drivers, try Windows 8 or 7 or even Vista. They should work, of course the newer the better. It is adviced to download all the drivers before you do the clean-install since you might not be able to connect to the internet before you install drivers for the network adapter. Since all other devices depend on the motherboard components, you should start installing the chipset drivers first and then all the rest.

spapakons, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Quick question about a clean install.

1. Quick question about a clean install. - Similar Threads - Quick question clean

2. Question about quick assist

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Question about quick assist: So, I’ve been having some issues with a potential malware and hundreds of these weird files that I didn’t know what they were so I got into touch with someone from tech support through live chat. I was asked a few questions before he asked whether or not I would feel...
  3. Quick Question about Windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Quick Question about Windows: Hi Just wondering if you could pass a question onto your CEO Satya Nadella.... "Looking towards the future do you think that it is feasible to anticipate that an operating system will be developed which will actually be stable, providing functionality that will be reliable...
  4. Quick question about encryption.

Quick question about encryption.: I want to encrypt a folder but the folder will be getting files added to it on a regular basis. Does windows 10 auto encrypt the files I add to the encrypted folder? submitted by /u/EdwardTeach84 [link] [comments]...
  5. Question about clean installing windows.

Question about clean installing windows.: Im going to be doing my first clean install and am wondering if I should unplug all my extras, second monitor, headphones, ect... when doing the clean install. Or is it okay if I leave everything plugged in? submitted by /u/route12 [link] [comments]...
  6. Question About Clean Installation of Windows 10

Question About Clean Installation of Windows 10: Long story short, my laptop somehow got screwed up by the latest Windows update and I need to do a clean install of Windows 10. I've gotten to a pop up that asks where I want to install Windows 10 and I'm unsure what to do. Here's what it looks like:[IMG] Thanks in advance!...
  7. Quick question about fresh install and bitlocker

Quick question about fresh install and bitlocker: Hi everyone; I just did a fresh install to fix some bluetooth issues I was having. I did a completely fresh install that did not keep any of my old files or settings. Windows installed successfully, and I did log in to my microsoft account as I had planned. After the...
  8. A couple of questions about a clean install

A couple of questions about a clean install: Hi, I'd like to ask two questions regarding what happened in my case when installing Windows 10 recently. When I clean installed using my USB installation media for version 1903 18362.356 a strange thing happened during the Windows Setup stage. After entering my Microsoft...
  9. Question about Clean Install of Windows 10

Question about Clean Install of Windows 10: Split from this thread. Hello sir, a very good tutorial I have few questions 1) is it okay to do clean installation? I had already done 4 times reset this pc, my laptop is 11 months old. Will there be any kind of wear year to harddisk Or laptop. 2) recovery iso is...
  10. Question About Windows 10 Clean Installation

Question About Windows 10 Clean Installation: hi I'm wondering about a clean installation of windows 10,heres my problem: my mom accidently cracked my touch screen on by beats audio 15 special edition pc and now we have to send it back to at&t (we have the premier protection plan insurance) to get it fixed, however...