Windows 10: Quick Question Regarding ATIKMPAG.SYS

Discus and support Quick Question Regarding ATIKMPAG.SYS in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hi guys. Just had a bit of a kerfuffle on my PC. Just wanted to double check if its something to be concerned about as normally everything works as it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by AntJac, Dec 12, 2015.

1. AntJac Win User

Quick Question Regarding ATIKMPAG.SYS

Hi guys. Just had a bit of a kerfuffle on my PC. Just wanted to double check if its something to be concerned about as normally everything works as it should.

I was running a game in windowed mode (normally works fine) whilst watching a media file via VLC and watching another video in Mozille via Flash and the game in itself went all white (no BSOD) but i saw this in Reliability History:

Source
    Windows

Summary
    Hardware error

Date
    ‎13-‎Dec-‎15 7:45 PM

Status
    Report sent

Description
    A problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly.

Problem signature
    Problem Event Name: LiveKernelEvent
    Code: 141
    Parameter 1: ffffe000526d2010
    Parameter 2: fffff800239bce98
    Parameter 3: 0
    Parameter 4: 4
    OS version: 10_0_10586
    Service Pack: 0_0
    Product: 256_1
    OS Version: 10.0.10586.2.0.0.256.48
    Locale ID: 2057

Extra information about the problem
    Bucket ID: LKD_0x141_Tdr:6_IMAGE_atikmpag.sys

What is atikmpag.sys?

:)

AntJac, Dec 12, 2015
  2. Noir Wolf Win User

Quick question regarding Win10 upgrade

Good day,

I've read online that even if your copy of Windows is retail not OEM (be it 7, 8 or 8.1) the upgrade to 10 will render it OEM permanently which complicates life quite a bit considering I will probably be building a new rig before 2020. I want to be sure
    this is the case before I do any upgrade.

Thank you for any information provided.

Noir Wolf, Dec 12, 2015
  3. grschinon Win User
    Quick question regarding Nokia 2630

The 1xxx and 2xxx series are budget phones with little to no external connectivity. The USB port there is needed for operations such as resetting the phone if it needs it. Anything else requires more software in the phone's ROM, stuff for which there may
    not be room on a low-spec model such as this.

Some 2xxx series phones do, however, have Bluetooth connectivity, but not the 2630.

grschinon, Dec 12, 2015
  4. AntJac Win User

Just happened again guys and all i was doing was playing a video

AntJac, Dec 13, 2015
  5. derekimo Win User
    derekimo, Dec 13, 2015
  6. AntJac Win User
    Ah ok. I am going to revert back to my previous version of driver to see if that changes anything. Unless anyone else knows what issue could be?

AntJac, Dec 13, 2015
  7. derekimo Win User
    If it keeps doing it, that's what I would try myself.

derekimo, Dec 13, 2015
  8. AntJac Win User

I have rolled back to 21-Jul-15 driver. Can't understand why now it is playing up though. Been on Windows 10 for a while now and its been fine. Unless a Windows update conflicts with it somehow.

I imagine if its like my GPU is on the way out i'd be getting a lot more issues?

AntJac, Dec 13, 2015
  9. derekimo Win User
    It could be something else causing your driver to react or the the driver is getting the blame for something else that is the actual problem.

Troubleshooting different things is part of solving it, if it keeps doing it with this other driver you may want to look at one of the other things you were doing, the game, the browser, VLC.

derekimo, Dec 13, 2015
  10. AntJac Win User
    Ah i see. Many thanks for your help *Smile

AntJac, Dec 13, 2015
  11. derekimo Win User
    You're welcome. *Smile

Hopefully that's all it takes but it could get deep if things keep freezing on you.

If it keeps happening you may want to run this BSOD tool just to give people some better info to work with.

BSOD - Posting Instructions - Windows 10 Forums

derekimo, Dec 13, 2015
  12. AntJac Win User
    Thats great thank you. Are errors like mine normally fixed with a driver rollback?

AntJac, Dec 13, 2015
  13. derekimo Win User

There are so many reasons that could be happening, I can't say there is a normal fix honestly.

What you tried is a good first step and the most obvious with that driver getting mentioned.

Troubleshooting is a lot of trial and error usually.

derekimo, Dec 13, 2015
  14. AntJac Win User
    Ah many thanks. Just a quick question. Do chipset drivers and graphics drivers work in cohesion? Just wondering if they rely on each other etc

AntJac, Dec 13, 2015
  15. derekimo Win User
    Some do, like some laptops or other boards with integrated graphics.

Chipset drivers are often needed just to be able to recognize other components.

I don't really know a lot about that just stuff I picked up here, I'm sure others can go into more detail.

This will help others know what you have if you fill it out,

System Specs - Fill in at Ten Forums - Windows 10 Forums

derekimo, Dec 13, 2015
Thema:

1. Quick Question Regarding ATIKMPAG.SYS - Similar Threads - Quick Question Regarding

2. Quick question regarding a W10 Pro to W11 upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Quick question regarding a W10 Pro to W11 upgrade: I have the notification that I can upgrade to W11 22H2 in updates services.I 'm currently running W10 Pro because I utilize Hyper-V.Does the upgrade to W11 22H2 automatically put me on the Pro version or does it dump me to Home?...
  3. Quick question regarding a W10 Pro to W11 upgrade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Quick question regarding a W10 Pro to W11 upgrade: I have the notification that I can upgrade to W11 22H2 in updates services.I 'm currently running W10 Pro because I utilize Hyper-V.Does the upgrade to W11 22H2 automatically put me on the Pro version or does it dump me to Home?...
  4. My Pc window10 not booting in normal mode. ATIKMPAG SYS FULTY

My Pc window10 not booting in normal mode. ATIKMPAG SYS FULTY: My Pc window10 not booting in normal mode. currently booting in save mode. all files are grayed out . Pass 3 days followed all process to remedy my booting with no joy. I even did command prom process. Not allowing me create backup or last restore files in system not allowing...
  5. Quick question regarding shutdown.exe

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Quick question regarding shutdown.exe: As we know that we use shutdown.exe from run command to shutdown and restart so :-s is for shutdown-r is for restart-t is for time limiti want to ask for what -f switch is used does anyone knows? Please tell And thanks in Advance...
  6. Quick question regarding shutdown.exe

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Quick question regarding shutdown.exe: As we know that we use shutdown.exe from run command to shutdown and restart so :-s is for shutdown-r is for restart-t is for time limiti want to ask for what -f switch is used does anyone knows? Please tell And thanks in Advance...
  7. Quick question regarding shutdown.exe

8. Quick question about uxthemepatcher in regards to feature updates

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Quick question about uxthemepatcher in regards to feature updates: is it enough to just revert to a standard theme temporarily (since the blackscreen "bricking" seem to be related to windows keeping the themeselection that is now no longer compatible) or do i need to restore the dlls aswell ? submitted by /u/Scared-Rain [link] [comments]...
  9. Quick question regarding windows firewall

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Quick question regarding windows firewall: if windows firewall is disabled from control panel, any rules created in the "advanced settings" section, would no longer apply right? i'm on windows 10 currently and wanted to get some confirmation on this. thanks. *Smile 35967
  10. Quick question regarding windows key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Quick question regarding windows key: I got some ransomware on my dell laptop about a week ago. Reading about it I will probably have to reinstall the windows iso through flashdrive. If I wanted to explore other OS's and then maybe go back to windows again if I need to, will the auth key still work? It does not...
Tags: