Windows 10: Quick question regarding windows firewall

Discus and support Quick question regarding windows firewall in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; if windows firewall is disabled from control panel, any rules created in the "advanced settings" section, would no longer apply right? i'm on... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by defter, Jan 1, 2016.

1. defter Win User

Quick question regarding windows firewall

if windows firewall is disabled from control panel, any rules created in the "advanced settings" section, would no longer apply right?

i'm on windows 10 currently and wanted to get some confirmation on this.

thanks. *Smile

:)

defter, Jan 1, 2016
  2. Noir Wolf Win User

Quick question regarding Win10 upgrade

Good day,

I've read online that even if your copy of Windows is retail not OEM (be it 7, 8 or 8.1) the upgrade to 10 will render it OEM permanently which complicates life quite a bit considering I will probably be building a new rig before 2020. I want to be sure
    this is the case before I do any upgrade.

Thank you for any information provided.

Noir Wolf, Jan 1, 2016
  3. grschinon Win User
    Quick question regarding Nokia 2630

The 1xxx and 2xxx series are budget phones with little to no external connectivity. The USB port there is needed for operations such as resetting the phone if it needs it. Anything else requires more software in the phone's ROM, stuff for which there may
    not be room on a low-spec model such as this.

Some 2xxx series phones do, however, have Bluetooth connectivity, but not the 2630.

grschinon, Jan 1, 2016
  4. axe0 New Member

If Windows Firewall has been disabled, no rule configured in Windows Firewall applies for the system.

Hope that confirms it *Smile

axe0, Jan 3, 2016
  5. defter Win User
    certainly does, i assumed windows wouldn't allow you to create rules if windows firewall was already disabled but, since i was able to, i got a little confused *Biggrin

thanks for the reply

defter, Jan 3, 2016
  6. axe0 New Member
    I am able to do the same, they only apply whenever Windows Firewall is active.

axe0, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Quick question regarding windows firewall - Similar Threads - Quick question regarding

2. Quick question regarding a W10 Pro to W11 upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Quick question regarding a W10 Pro to W11 upgrade: I have the notification that I can upgrade to W11 22H2 in updates services.I 'm currently running W10 Pro because I utilize Hyper-V.Does the upgrade to W11 22H2 automatically put me on the Pro version or does it dump me to Home?...
  3. Quick question regarding a W10 Pro to W11 upgrade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Quick question regarding a W10 Pro to W11 upgrade: I have the notification that I can upgrade to W11 22H2 in updates services.I 'm currently running W10 Pro because I utilize Hyper-V.Does the upgrade to W11 22H2 automatically put me on the Pro version or does it dump me to Home?...
  4. issue regarding windows firewall

issue regarding windows firewall: hello Microsoft team,this is Tanmay Tiwari a fellow windows user writing this complaint to inform you that my firewall has turned off and not getting on. After clicking on it , it leads me to the Microsoft store kiits a request to you to look into it as soon as possible....
  5. Quick question regarding shutdown.exe

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Quick question regarding shutdown.exe: As we know that we use shutdown.exe from run command to shutdown and restart so :-s is for shutdown-r is for restart-t is for time limiti want to ask for what -f switch is used does anyone knows? Please tell And thanks in Advance...
  6. Quick question regarding shutdown.exe

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Quick question regarding shutdown.exe: As we know that we use shutdown.exe from run command to shutdown and restart so :-s is for shutdown-r is for restart-t is for time limiti want to ask for what -f switch is used does anyone knows? Please tell And thanks in Advance...
  7. Quick question regarding shutdown.exe

8. Quick question about uxthemepatcher in regards to feature updates

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Quick question about uxthemepatcher in regards to feature updates: is it enough to just revert to a standard theme temporarily (since the blackscreen "bricking" seem to be related to windows keeping the themeselection that is now no longer compatible) or do i need to restore the dlls aswell ? submitted by /u/Scared-Rain [link] [comments]...
  9. Quick Question Regarding ATIKMPAG.SYS

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Quick Question Regarding ATIKMPAG.SYS: Hi guys. Just had a bit of a kerfuffle on my PC. Just wanted to double check if its something to be concerned about as normally everything works as it should. I was running a game in windowed mode (normally works fine) whilst watching a media file via VLC and watching...
  10. Quick question regarding windows key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Quick question regarding windows key: I got some ransomware on my dell laptop about a week ago. Reading about it I will probably have to reinstall the windows iso through flashdrive. If I wanted to explore other OS's and then maybe go back to windows again if I need to, will the auth key still work? It does not...