Windows 10: Quick reset sounds scary.

Discus and support Quick reset sounds scary. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I've had a lot of problems with my Windows 10 from day one and would like to do a reset. I get a list of apps and programs that will need to be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by emtor, Oct 20, 2017.

1. emtor Win User

Quick reset sounds scary.

I've had a lot of problems with my Windows 10 from day one and would like to do a reset.
    I get a list of apps and programs that will need to be reinstalled, among others "Synaptic Pointing Device Driver".
    Does that mean that my touchpad will stop working after the reset?
    How I am supposed to download this driver if my touchpad isn't working due to a deleted driver?
    I'd appreciate any help,-thanks.

:)

emtor, Oct 20, 2017
  2. Safia.A Win User

Marketplace download error 805a0193 over wifi

"Worldwide outage" ... sounds scary 0_0

Safia.A, Oct 20, 2017
  3. charging phone

Sounds scary, like something that should be tried only in a lab! I'll pass.....thanx

BradleyStone, Oct 20, 2017
  4. Quick reset sounds scary.

Hi emtor.

Before trying diagnostic procedures I always recommend that you create a backup of your data off machine, create an Image with a tool like Macrium Reflect and have bootable media that matches your current Windows environment.

Backup and Restore with Macrium Reflect

You should be fine, Windows 10 will load driver, if required. You can confirm version after install.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Oct 20, 2017
  5. emtor Win User
    Thanks a lot. I'll download the software you mentioned and give it a go.

emtor, Oct 20, 2017
  6. emtor Win User
    Perhaps an important note: -My greatest problem has been no right-click.
    However, right click works inside Corel VideoStudio.
    It just might be that I don't need to reset Windows since my right-click problem might be solvable without resetting or re-installing windows.

emtor, Oct 21, 2017
  7. I would use the inplace repair / upgrade. This will take you to version V1709, Fall Creators Update.

The process is supposed to be non destructive, I always back my data up off machine.

Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade

You may wish to have a system image available so you can restore.

Caledon Ken, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Quick reset sounds scary.

1. Quick reset sounds scary. - Similar Threads - Quick reset sounds

2. Quick access resetting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Quick access resetting: Summary: every once in a while hours, days, I haven't been able to identify a trigger my Quick Access list in File Explorer resets to the default Desktop, Downloads, ...I use Quick access A LOT so this is *really* annoying. I have a large directory structure so pinning...
  3. Quick access resetting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Quick access resetting: Summary: every once in a while hours, days, I haven't been able to identify a trigger my Quick Access list in File Explorer resets to the default Desktop, Downloads, ...I use Quick access A LOT so this is *really* annoying. I have a large directory structure so pinning...
  4. Yikes! Decoding the code is scary!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Yikes! Decoding the code is scary!: I am not sure if this is normal. Should we all be afraid?A laptop, that I bought yesterday, has already been hacked with someone sideloading NT files so they can remote desktop to me unnoticed failed since they take over my trackpad and in my anger of their intrusion and...
  5. This is weird and scary

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    This is weird and scary: To add I have checked i have no virus and stuff like that Every time I open Windows protect it says something like !1% as the name and closes 1 second after. Nothing else to add I have tried doing windows protect disabled off in regristy but it was already off. submitted...
  6. No Sound in Quick Assist

in Windows 10 Customization
    No Sound in Quick Assist: volume control in quick assit mode? [Original Title: volume control in quick assit mode?] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-sound-in-quick-assist/06377a1e-3668-4328-aec7-f1324046d69e
  7. CLEAN RESET Vs QUICK RESET??

CLEAN RESET Vs QUICK RESET??: MY Windows suddenly started behaving weird and so I went on to reset it. But there are 2 options Clean Reset Vs Quick Reset. I know that Clean reset is more secure and i also don't want to restore my data in future. So is there any need to opt for it. I mean will there be...
  8. CLEAN RESET Vs QUICK RESET??

CLEAN RESET Vs QUICK RESET??: MY Windows suddenly started behaving weird and so I went on to reset it. But there are 2 options Clean Reset Vs Quick Reset. I know that Clean reset is more secure and i also don't want to restore my data in future. So is there any need to opt for it. I mean will there be...
  9. Random Crash That's Kinda Scary

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random Crash That's Kinda Scary: I've had this issue over the past six months or so where my computer will randomly crash midgame. No BSOD, no forewarning. The screens will freeze and my headset will produce a high-frequency tone, similar to a high octave synth. This screen freeze and noise continues for...
  10. Is MSN.com website is scary

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Is MSN.com website is scary: Is MSN.com the easiest site to pick up the fake support numbers in the Microsoft Community forum? It appears to me that if you want to be infected msn.com is the best place to go. Unfortunately, I have an old msn.com email address that I still use....