Windows 10: Quick way to mute/unmute system volume? Something like a keyb shortcut

Discus and support Quick way to mute/unmute system volume? Something like a keyb shortcut in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Anyone how I can setup one? Wish MS had a quick short-cut for muting / unmuting volume. Thanks in advance for any help you are able to provide 26543 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by wildgoat, Oct 15, 2015.

1. wildgoat Win User

Quick way to mute/unmute system volume? Something like a keyb shortcut

Anyone how I can setup one? Wish MS had a quick short-cut for muting / unmuting volume.

Thanks in advance for any help you are able to provide

:)

wildgoat, Oct 15, 2015
  2. nkuma2171 Win User

How to Mute, Unmute Windows 10

I am accustomed to mute and unmute my PC using the function key. Volume Slider in Action Center is is not enough tiresome. But have you created any shortcut on the desktop. I have tried, but not got exact what I want. I don't know
    where is the file to mute system. Is anyone who has created. I have written this article where I could reach to create the mute shortcut.

How to Mute Windows 10 PC – Quick Tips

nkuma2171, Oct 15, 2015
  3. E72: Is there a shorcut key for mute/unmute during phone call ?

hello,

Does anyone know if E72 has a shortcut key to mute/unmute during the call ? The only way I am aware of is using options to select mute.

Thanks

venks

svenks---01, Oct 15, 2015
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

NavyLCDR, Oct 15, 2015
  5. Slippery Win User
    Settings>System>Notifications & Actions>Turn system icons on or off>volume*Wink

Slippery, Oct 15, 2015
  6. wildgoat Win User
    wildgoat, Oct 17, 2015
  7. dencal Win User
    A quick way to turn on or off or alter the volume.
    Click on speaker on taskbar (bottom right hand corner), then click on speaker itself on popup to mute, or move slider to suit volume.

dencal, Oct 17, 2015
  8. vexorg Win User

I've got a microsoft keyboard, ergonomic split type (forget the proper name), it has lots of buttons on the top for common stuff. The mute buttons (and all the rest) have alway just worked.

vexorg, Oct 17, 2015
  9. vexorg Win User
    Natural keyboard, with extra buttons at the top, just like this:

Quick way to mute/unmute system volume? Something like a keyb shortcut [​IMG]

vexorg, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Quick way to mute/unmute system volume? Something like a keyb shortcut - Similar Threads - Quick mute unmute

2. Sound muting and unmuting automatically

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound muting and unmuting automatically: My new PC keeps muting the sound and unmuting it automatically. I have searched forums and websites, but none have the answer. How do I stop this from happening?...
  3. Sound muting and unmuting automatically

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Sound muting and unmuting automatically: My new PC keeps muting the sound and unmuting it automatically. I have searched forums and websites, but none have the answer. How do I stop this from happening?...
  4. Volume goes mute/unmute on pressing some set of keys.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Volume goes mute/unmute on pressing some set of keys.: When I press a certain set of keys my volume goes mute/unmute. If I press left_ctrl, t, tab,6, pageup, home my volume goes from mute to unmute and vice-versa. I tried deleting and reinstalling USB drivers, Audio drivers, etc but none worked. When I deleted USB drivers and...
  5. Audio Mute Unmute Cycle

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Audio Mute Unmute Cycle: Since I update windows yesterday my audio button started to remain a mute, unmute cycle.It occurs after about every ten minutes and mute , unmute itself by the rate of ten times per second...
  6. How to Mute or Unmute Sound Volume in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to Mute or Unmute Sound Volume in Windows 10: In Windows 10, you can easily adjust the volume level of individual devices and apps, in some cases, you may just want to mute and unmute the volume as needed without affecting the set volume level. In this post, we will show you how to mute or unmute Sound Volume in Windows...
  7. speaker ramdomly mute and unmute

speaker ramdomly mute and unmute: what causes the hp laptop speakers to mute and unmute itself, windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/speaker-ramdomly-mute-and-unmute/11a22f8f-2279-4ae2-bb4e-40a19e8e52a8
  8. Volume Mixer Shows Sound Muting and Unmuting

Volume Mixer Shows Sound Muting and Unmuting: As of recently I've been experiencing some sound problems. At first it showed my volume unmuting and muting very quickly when I wasn't doing anything. I did some troubleshooting and it told me that "opening audio enhancements might help", and gives me an option to open or to...
  9. Mute/Unmute bug

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Mute/Unmute bug: Whenever I unmute the volume on my laptop, it always shows the volume to be at 16. But when I turn the volume up or down it changes back to displaying the correct volume level. For example, if my volume is at 6 I would mute the volume. Then when I unmute, the volume will show...
  10. any way to mute and unmute microphone quick ??

in Windows 10 Support
    any way to mute and unmute microphone quick ??: I got me a new microphone and like most all microphones for PC there is no on and off switch, so on that note how can i mute and unmute it quick without having to click several things to get to the mute stuff, any ideas thanks. it saves also having to unplug and plug it in...