Windows 10: Quick Window Flashing / Popping Up Periodically

Discus and support Quick Window Flashing / Popping Up Periodically in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, So a window keeps popping up periodically. It just flashes and goes away. I cannot see a title or anything in the window. I am concerned it is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by lordvon, May 30, 2017.

1. lordvon Win User

Quick Window Flashing / Popping Up Periodically

Hi,

So a window keeps popping up periodically. It just flashes and goes away. I cannot see a title or anything in the window. I am concerned it is malware or a virus of some sort. How can I tell?

Thanks,
    Robert

:)

lordvon, May 30, 2017

2. I upgraded my Surface Pro 1 from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 and about every 30 seconds a box pops up just flashing on the screen

Original Title: Surface Pro 1 Upgrade to Windows 10

I upgraded my Surface Pro 1 from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 and about every 30 seconds a box pops up just flashing on the screen and disappears. it flashes so quick I cant see if it says anything what could be causing the flashing screen and how can I stop
    it.

Joseph Filipovich, May 30, 2017
  3. CMD or Dialog Window Pops Open and Closes Quickly Ever Hour

I see a similar CMD window pop-up/flash when I periodically and intentionally stop the ClickToRunSvc. I stop this service when I am gaming along with other unnecessary background tasks.

This CMD window pop-up/flash interrupts my game as it steals focus away from my gaming window, causing whatever my actions are to halt.

This is super annoying. I cannot properly express how frustrating this is. If you are going to pull this crap, at least run the script with the "START /MIN" command so you can force the window to be minimized so I do get interrupted by it.

LEARN. TO. SCRIPT. MICROSOFT.

Micheal Espinola Jr, May 30, 2017
  4. Quick Window Flashing / Popping Up Periodically

Hi Robert. Welcome to the Tenforums at @lordvon

First have you used an alternate scanner as a second set of eyes, something like HitmanPro?

HitmanPro Malware Removal Tool: Secondary Anti-Virus Scanner | Download HitmanPro 3.7

Next you can determine if this a schedule task. Right after you see the window run this command

schtasks /query /FO TABLE /v |clip

as outlined in this article, "Follow this General Troubling Shooting Advice".
    (You have to scroll down to find this section.)
    (please don't load any kind of driver update tool.)

You should be able to match time of window very closely with time in report.

http://www.winhelponline.com/blog/fi...e-immediately/

Ken

Caledon Ken, May 30, 2017
  5. Trust_No1 Win User
    Actually if you a running Office 365 it is probably the culprit. I had this issue and purchased Movavi Screen Capture to be able tell what it was doing, it flashes by so fast. After an hour or so I caught it, then proceeded to go frame by frame to tell what it was.

Mine turned out to be something in the Office/root directory. I called support and they just told me to remove Office and re-install. (where have we heard that before)*sarc

I removed them and haven't reinstalled as of yet, but no more flashing. It seems it started after some updates a week ago or so. Mine is on Windows 8.1 but suspect probably the same thing on 10.

Trust_No1, May 30, 2017
  6. Jeff1961 Win User
    Solution here:
    OfficeBackgroundTaskHandlerRegistration flashes a window every hour - Microsoft Community

Jeff1961, May 31, 2017
  7. Hi Robert. Glad you found answer. If you could mark thread solved others will find your solution.

Caledon Ken, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Quick Window Flashing / Popping Up Periodically

1. Quick Window Flashing / Popping Up Periodically - Similar Threads - Quick Window Flashing

2. Tailgator flash not connecting popping up on computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Tailgator flash not connecting popping up on computer: My tailgator flash will not pop up on my computer. It used to pop up but now it just doesn't; it even works on my phone. If anyone knows anything it would help....
  3. Tailgator flash not connecting popping up on computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Tailgator flash not connecting popping up on computer: My tailgator flash will not pop up on my computer. It used to pop up but now it just doesn't; it even works on my phone. If anyone knows anything it would help....
  4. Quick Settings constantly and randomly popping up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Quick Settings constantly and randomly popping up: I've been having this problem with the quick settings pop up panel the one with Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, brightness etc. popping up frequently and randomly turning on airplane mode so in the middle of me doing anything the Wi-Fi would disconnect and so would the Bluetooth. I have...
  5. Quick Settings constantly and randomly popping up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Quick Settings constantly and randomly popping up: I've been having this problem with the quick settings pop up panel the one with Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, brightness etc. popping up frequently and randomly turning on airplane mode so in the middle of me doing anything the Wi-Fi would disconnect and so would the Bluetooth. I have...
  6. Speakers pops periodically

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Speakers pops periodically: System: Windows10 Version 20H2 Battery or AC: Both Model: UX330UA Frequency of occurrence: After each playing sound Reset OS: Many times, Also delete driver an re-install it ======================== Detailed description It is some days that when I change the volume on my...
  7. Flash drive wont pop up

Flash drive wont pop up: My daughter's flash drive isn't acting right! It wont pop up so she can access all that is on there. It makes noise when we plug it in. Please tell me there is something that can be done....
  8. Dos Cmd window pops up periodically

Dos Cmd window pops up periodically: A Dos command window pops up periodically with the following in it. FINDSTR: Cannot open c:\ProgramData\acer\updater2\updater2.xml The system cannot find the path specified. Cannot access file C:\Program Files\DriverSetupUtility\FUB\+ FINDSTR: Cannot open...
  9. WhatsNew.Store.exe Popping up periodically after boot

in Windows 10 Support
    WhatsNew.Store.exe Popping up periodically after boot: I am trying to figure out the cause of this recent anomaly and how to disable it. Periodically after I boot (and not every time--maybe every 5th or 6th time or every 2-3 days), I see the popup in the attached. I looked at WinStore.App.exe in process list and it did not...
  10. pop up flashing box

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    pop up flashing box: Im getting a pop up box with flashing message: Model: SDM-HS75P Ser No: 1023569 Mfg: 2005-18 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pop-up-flashing-box/5f65935a-b8f7-4e88-9eff-2d32a47abe45