Windows 10: Quicken 2016 won't open

Discus and support Quicken 2016 won't open in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I installed Quicken 2016 on my SP3, but it won't open unless I "run as Administrator." There is no error message when I try to open it regularly. I am... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Andrewspapa, Nov 26, 2015.

1. Quicken 2016 won't open

I installed Quicken 2016 on my SP3, but it won't open unless I "run as Administrator." There is no error message when I try to open it regularly. I am the only user and am logged on as Administrator. Quicken 2015 worked just fine. I am running build 10586.14 version 1511. Quicken support seems to think it is a Windows 10 issue.

:)

Andrewspapa, Nov 26, 2015

2. Quicken 2016 won't start unless accessing as: "run as Administrator" on Windows 10

I installed Quicken 2016 on my SP3, but it won't open unless I "run as Administrator." There is no error message when I try to open it regularly. I am the only user and am logged on as Administrator. Quicken 2015 worked just fine. I am running build 10586.14
    version 1511. Quicken support seems to think it is a Windows 10 issue.

Original title: Quicken 2016 won't start

Audrey's Papa, Nov 26, 2015
  3. Quicken 2016 and Windows 10

I had Quicken 2016 running fine on my win10 machine for a year. Then suddenly Quicken 2016 would close upon launch and not open. I just bought Quicken2017 and got the exact same error. After spending an hour online with Quicken support, they are saying
    it is a Microsoft problem and to contact them.

Ready to give up on Quicken and go to something that can work with a modern operating system if they can't figure this out.

judahfriese, Nov 26, 2015
  4. sptrout Win User

Quicken 2016 won't open

Not able to offer any real help, but I downloaded and installed Quicken 2016 two days ago onto my W10 equipped Dell desktop computer and it has worked fine. I also installed it on our HP Laptop (also with W10), and it worked fine also.

sptrout, Nov 27, 2015
Thema:

Quicken 2016 won't open

1. Quicken 2016 won't open - Similar Threads - Quicken 2016 won't

2. Problems opening Quicken after updates

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Problems opening Quicken after updates: I am having problems opening Quicken for a Windows 10 machine. I have downloaded the most recent version of Quicken, and the associated patches, but am still not able to open the program. I have contacted Quicken, and been through all of their recomendations, and they tell me...
  3. Problems opening Quicken after updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems opening Quicken after updates: I am having problems opening Quicken for a Windows 10 machine. I have downloaded the most recent version of Quicken, and the associated patches, but am still not able to open the program. I have contacted Quicken, and been through all of their recomendations, and they tell me...
  4. Problems opening Quicken after updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Problems opening Quicken after updates

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Quicken won't run anymore

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Quicken won't run anymore: I can't get Quicken 2017 Deluxe to run on my computer anymore. When I try to open quicken it opens to a page but then I just keep getting the blue circle spinning and it doesn't respond. I need to use task manager to close it. I called Quicken support and they tried several...
  7. quicken

quicken: is there a way to recover this file from quicken without re-installing the entire program the file is as follows x86\QUICKENW\PdfDrv quicken says no but it seems that \i should somehow be able to recover it...
  8. connot open quicken data

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    connot open quicken data: I refreshed my computer windows 10 . I can see my quicken data backup files but cannot open them . it says app is not ok to open on this computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/connot-open-quicken-data/0021a3e5-7100-46b9-8f04-eacee1c5fa0d"
  9. Quicken

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Quicken: I have a disc I just bought with Quicken on it. I can't figure out how to run the program( disc). https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/quicken/134b2d59-7fb3-4857-a35d-6e4e8d52030d
  10. Quicken 2015/2016 Reconcile Bug Work Around

Quicken 2015/2016 Reconcile Bug Work Around: Yesterday I discovered that the Reconcile Account function in Quicken 2015 and 2016 was not working correctly. Clicking any line item in either the "Payment and Checks" or "Deposits" did not trigger an update of the totals at the bottom of these two columns nor did it trigger...