Windows 10: Quicken installation problems

Discus and support Quicken installation problems in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I recently built a new computer. Everything seems to be working great except for quicken. I am running quicken 2016 and I can not get it to update. As... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by soulstealer1984, Jul 13, 2017.

1. Quicken installation problems

I recently built a new computer. Everything seems to be working great except for quicken. I am running quicken 2016 and I can not get it to update. As a result I can not log in and use it. Quicken has what they call a mundo patch to manually update the software. Even after I download the patch I get a "cannot communicate with server" error. I am using Windows defender and Windows firewall and have disabled both when attempting to update. I still get the same error. I have run the patch and the program as an administrator and run it in compatibility mode, nothing changes the error message. It seems like something is blocking me but I cannot figure out what. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

:)

soulstealer1984, Jul 13, 2017

2. Quicken 2017 Won't Run after Windows 10 KB3186568 Installed

Hi!

After the auto install of Windows 10 update KB3186568, my Quicken 2017 won't come up fully. I am able to type in my Quicken password, but then get the following error message:

Quicken cannot run because Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6.1 is not installed on your computer. The easiest way to fix this issue is to reinstall Quicken, which will automatically install the necessary files.

Alternatively, you can download and install .NET Framework 4.6.1 from the Microsoft website, then restart Quicken.

Well, I don't want to have to reinstall Quicken. I removed KB3186568 and it fixed my problem. However, I know Microsoft auto updates will kick in and cause the problem again. What in KB3186568 is causing this problem?

StaceyJacobsRaleigh, Jul 13, 2017
  3. Download, Install, Activate Quicken 2016

Have both CD and Download version of Quicken 2016, followed Quicken support guidance, error code 2503. Cleaned Registry, ran both MS virus/malware software. Quicken 2016 will not install. Understand this is a Microsoft problem in latest update. Previous
    install prior to MS latest install Quicken 2016 worked properly.

Is there a fix for the latest Window 10 "Cortana oriented" update?

ClarenceStamper Jr, Jul 13, 2017
  4. Berton Win User

Quicken installation problems

What kind of connection does the computer have to the Internet, Ethernet to the Modem or Router or Wireless to it? Do you have a Browser open to verify you have Internet service through your ISP?

Berton, Jul 13, 2017
  5. Ethernet to router to modem

6. Yes internet service was connected through the whole process. I was trying to Google fixes the entire time.

7. bro67 Win User
    You really need to contact Intuit or check their forums to see if anyone else is having issues. Since Intuit forces people to always purchase the newest edition, they also stop older editions from being updated.

bro67, Jul 13, 2017
  8. Trust_No1 Win User

An organization, I am affiliated with uses Quicken, and they told me they couldn't use it in Windows 10.?? compatibility mode perhaps

Trust_No1, Jul 13, 2017
  9. bro67 Win User
    Depends on if they are using the local install or the cloud based service. It is going to come down to that Intuit will no longer support local installs and force people to use the cloud service, which you will see a lot of users being left in the bygone days.

bro67, Jul 13, 2017
  10. I'm running Win 10 with Quicken 2017 and have to say it works very well. I frequent the Quicken Forum Quicken Customer Community and there are others there with your problem and have solutions. It would be worth your time to check in there.

Good luck...

Wiley Coyote, Jul 13, 2017
  11. I was on with them for two hours the other night. It ended with him saying "there must be a compatibility issue". They really were no help.

12. Wiley Coyote, Jul 13, 2017
  13. Quicken installation problems

14. bro67 Win User
    What security software are you running, and have you tried just using Windows 7 with the latest service pack if you still have that OS for your computer handy. There are going to be issues with older software and Windows 10 going forward, unless Intuit comes up with a Service Pack for their older versions. Windows 10 AE is still new, so Intuit may still be working on fixes. As for the person helping you, it is good that they spent time trying to help. I had two people from Symantec that spent hours on the phone helping to get their SEC (Symantec End Point Cloud) working on my Macbook, because of an issue on their end when I tried to use the Encryption for locking down my Macbook. We just have to keep filing tickets and working with them.

bro67, Jul 16, 2017
  15. Just the standard Windows defender and firewall, both of them I disabled while attempting to install. Also it's a brand new build and all I have is Windows 10.

soulstealer1984, Jul 16, 2017
Thema:

1. Quicken installation problems - Similar Threads - Quicken installation problems

2. quicken problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    quicken problems: Is anyone having problems with Quicken programs , up graded 2019 or 2022. All of a sudden my are crashing referring to previous shut down. I installed brand new program and Windows 11 would not let me add data before it crashed....
  3. quicken problems

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    quicken problems: Is anyone having problems with Quicken programs , up graded 2019 or 2022. All of a sudden my are crashing referring to previous shut down. I installed brand new program and Windows 11 would not let me add data before it crashed....
  4. Can't install Quicken.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't install Quicken.: I am getting errors trying to install Quicken on a new Dell Windows laptop. Quicken support told me to contact Microsoft. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-install-quicken/cc3fc919-d65e-4f8a-9c53-2eaa3bad0cf7
  5. Can't install Quicken.

Can't install Quicken.: I am getting errors trying to install Quicken on a new Dell Windows laptop. Quicken support told me to contact Microsoft. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-install-quicken/cc3fc919-d65e-4f8a-9c53-2eaa3bad0cf7
  6. Can't install Quicken.

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Installing Quicken 11

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installing Quicken 11: I have been using Quicken 11 on Windows 7 Pro. Have downloaded it to my new HP computer with Windows 10 Home and can't install it. have done the recommended run in compatability mode and still get Administrator has blocked access message. I am only user of computer and...
  8. Installation of Quicken Deluxe

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installation of Quicken Deluxe: I after I complete the installation of Quicken Deluxe the program will not open. I even disabled all firewalls and reinstalled and it still would not open. Quicken says this is a microsoft issue. How do I fix this issue?...
  9. Quicken problems

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Quicken problems: Anybody having problems with Quicken? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/quicken-problems/580db6da-3c7a-4c00-a94e-c2eec4091769
  10. Installing Quicken

Installing Quicken: I recently had my computer repaired and lost my Quicken software. I do still have the backup files. I purchased Quicken Home & Business 2019 and have attempted to install it, but I get a message that I need to uninstall the old version. There is no old version on my...