Windows 10: Quicken

Discus and support Quicken in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; After the latest Windows 10 update a few days ago, my Quicken software will not start. Has this happened to anyone else? Never mind...I reinstalled... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Justdave, Dec 13, 2015.

1. Justdave Win User

Quicken

After the latest Windows 10 update a few days ago, my Quicken software will not start. Has this happened to anyone else?

Never mind...I reinstalled Quicken. Seems OK now

:)

Justdave, Dec 13, 2015
  2. DonAitken Win User

My Quicken program wont open

yes I have uninstalled quicken it is windows Quicken Deluxe 2018

DonAitken, Dec 13, 2015
  3. Printing a Quicken Home & Business file

Hi,

If you receive the message Quicken does not support Run as Administrator when attempting to open Quicken, close Quicken and then:

Right-click the Quicken icon on your desktop and choose Properties.

On the Compatibility tab, uncheck Run this program as an administrator.

Click Change settings for all users.

Clear every checkbox and click OK twice to close the windows.

Double-click the Quicken desktop icon to open Quicken.

If the steps fail to work, create a new user account on your computer with Administrator rights, then open Quicken.

Let me know if that helps.

Kind Regards,

Engr. Jamshed Muhammad

JamshedMuhammad Khan, Dec 13, 2015
  4. mackado Win User

Quicken

What quicken version are you using ?, I have the same problem and re-install Q14 a couple of times without luck...I started a thread a few days ago..

Quicken 2014 not launching after 10586 update - Windows 10 Forums

mackado, Dec 13, 2015
  5. Justdave Win User
    My Quicken is 2015. I remember the same thing happened with the very first Windows 10 clean install and then again with the latest Windows upgrade. I'll read your thread now

Justdave, Dec 13, 2015
  6. mackado Win User
    Looks like folks are having more luck with re-install of Q15 than Q14, my Q14 was working fine during the initial W10 install/Upgrade, but it was broken after the latest Build upgrade in November..

Spent many hours reading thru the related threads over at Quicken Support [not a very user-friendly forum to navigate/interact] and haven't found a solution; My Error seems related to Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\clr.dll [event viewer], but this new windows 10 upgrade has even installed the latest 4.6 Microsoft.Net version, last night I was playing activating all the .NET features on the "Turn windows features on/off" {older version too]but no luck.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2640103

This MS resourse article describes exactly my errors and promises a patch in the near future, but the article is from 2012, so the patch should be installed by now with W10, so I'll keep trying..

mackado, Dec 13, 2015
  7. Justdave Win User
    Wish I could help you more. I would be up a creek if I couldn't get Quicken back up and running

Justdave, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Quicken

1. Quicken - Similar Threads - Quicken

2. quicken says onedrive is interfering with program. will not download transactions. why?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    quicken says onedrive is interfering with program. will not download transactions. why?: Have problem with quicken. They say it has to do with onedrive. will not download transactions but says update complete. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/quicken-says-onedrive-is-interfering-with-program/663af39f-b82e-482b-88b4-f6df40f3a468
  3. quicken says onedrive is interfering with program. will not download transactions. why?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    quicken says onedrive is interfering with program. will not download transactions. why?: Have problem with quicken. They say it has to do with onedrive. will not download transactions but says update complete. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/quicken-says-onedrive-is-interfering-with-program/663af39f-b82e-482b-88b4-f6df40f3a468
  4. Quicken won't run after Windows Update 2023-11 Cumulative Update for .NET Framework 3.5 and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Quicken won't run after Windows Update 2023-11 Cumulative Update for .NET Framework 3.5 and...: I have a Dell Inspiron desktop running Windows 11. After this update, Quicken won't run. In the event log it shows an error because it is running "Framework Verison v4.0.30319" and according to Quicken support, Quicken won't run on anything less than 4.6.1. As best as I can...
  5. Quicken won't run after Windows Update 2023-11 Cumulative Update for .NET Framework 3.5 and...

Quicken won't run after Windows Update 2023-11 Cumulative Update for .NET Framework 3.5 and...: I have a Dell Inspiron desktop running Windows 11. After this update, Quicken won't run. In the event log it shows an error because it is running "Framework Verison v4.0.30319" and according to Quicken support, Quicken won't run on anything less than 4.6.1. As best as I can...
  6. Will Quicken 2000 work on transfer from 10 to 11? Anybody help please?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Will Quicken 2000 work on transfer from 10 to 11? Anybody help please?: Quicken 2000 program and file has worked ok on all previous transfers. will it work on move from W10 to W11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/will-quicken-2000-work-on-transfer-from-10-to-11/d3632736-c6bf-4c25-a6c4-3fd98aad0439
  7. Will Quicken 2000 work on transfer from 10 to 11? Anybody help please?

Will Quicken 2000 work on transfer from 10 to 11? Anybody help please?: Quicken 2000 program and file has worked ok on all previous transfers. will it work on move from W10 to W11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/will-quicken-2000-work-on-transfer-from-10-to-11/d3632736-c6bf-4c25-a6c4-3fd98aad0439
  8. Quicken not working with recent Microsoft Update Sept/ Oct 2023

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Quicken not working with recent Microsoft Update Sept/ Oct 2023: Prior to August 28, 2023 Quicken was working on my computer.I left the country for 6 weeks - leaving my computer at home - and when I returned Windows / Edge had updated and now Quicken is not working.I have uninstalled & reinstalled Quicken. It will open, but just 'spins'.I...
  9. Quicken not working with recent Microsoft Update Sept/ Oct 2023

Quicken not working with recent Microsoft Update Sept/ Oct 2023: Prior to August 28, 2023 Quicken was working on my computer.I left the country for 6 weeks - leaving my computer at home - and when I returned Windows / Edge had updated and now Quicken is not working.I have uninstalled & reinstalled Quicken. It will open, but just 'spins'.I...
  10. Problems opening Quicken after updates

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Problems opening Quicken after updates: I am having problems opening Quicken for a Windows 10 machine. I have downloaded the most recent version of Quicken, and the associated patches, but am still not able to open the program. I have contacted Quicken, and been through all of their recomendations, and they tell me...