Windows 10: QuickLaunch file overwrite on file not yet created

Discus and support QuickLaunch file overwrite on file not yet created in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have directories and related subdirectories in my QuickLaunch folder for Music. I fine-tune metadata for a music folder and then create a playlist... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by gremlinkurst, Dec 7, 2017.

1. QuickLaunch file overwrite on file not yet created

I have directories and related subdirectories in my QuickLaunch folder for Music. I fine-tune metadata for a music folder and then create a playlist for VLC Media Player to use. Then I cut and paste the shortcut to the M3U8 file into the QuickLaunch subdirectory—only to be surprised by a file overwrite messagebox. How could I be required to overwrite a file that does not exist? How did that file GET there, the one I had not YET created?

This is NOT an isolated incident. It has happened at least fifty times (I have QUITE an extensive music library).

:)

gremlinkurst, Dec 7, 2017

2. File Explorer has gone crazy after last nights upgrade.

My only has icons instead of full descriptions. I can not get back to a point where I have tabs that actually say something. Please tell me how to get my view repaired? help... Help.... HELP!!!

File Explorer, Dec 7, 2017
  3. zldrq Win User
    Drag'n'drop file on top of quicklaunch icons doesn't work anymore

I'm used to run files by drag'n'dropping them on top of one of the icons in quicklaunch. When I need to launch file with some specific app, while file is associated with another, or just use the other version of app. E.g. drag and drop png file on Paint
    icon or Photoshop icon, whether i need to edit it with on or another.

But now, when I drag a file of top of app in quicklaunch, icon turns to striked circle (\). At the same time (what frustrates me even more), I can add a file/shortcut to qucklaunch by dragging it on the empty space (or between apps' shortcuts).

I have Windows 10 and everything was working just some time ago.

zldrq, Dec 7, 2017
  4. QuickLaunch file overwrite on file not yet created

Seventy-nine views and no answer? Really?

Perhaps I should add that I've been a Windows user since 1984, and this is the only time I've experienced this. I do not have any method or mechanism in place to automatically place shortcuts into the QuickLaunch subdirectories; this must be done manually. Yet, many times, there is already a file there that I did not create.

gremlinkurst, Dec 8, 2017
Thema:

QuickLaunch file overwrite on file not yet created

1. QuickLaunch file overwrite on file not yet created - Similar Threads - QuickLaunch file overwrite

2. onedrive is overwriting local file with cloud file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    onedrive is overwriting local file with cloud file: I have a chat app that stores its history in a database, which is located in some folder that managed by onedrive. but a couple of days ago, onedrive have had some issues with syncing, today I reset it via onedrive.exe /reset, then it started syncing files.after reset,...
  3. onedrive is overwriting local file with cloud file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    onedrive is overwriting local file with cloud file: I have a chat app that stores its history in a database, which is located in some folder that managed by onedrive. but a couple of days ago, onedrive have had some issues with syncing, today I reset it via onedrive.exe /reset, then it started syncing files.after reset,...
  4. Why is xcopy asking to overwrite a file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is xcopy asking to overwrite a file: Why is xcopy asking to overwrite a file or files as it is coping .? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-xcopy-asking-to-overwrite-a-file/13c2b516-9132-4cc8-a648-625c77ec2077
  5. Print to PDF not overwriting old file

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Print to PDF not overwriting old file: As an example - If I use 'Microsoft Print to PDF' to print a Notepad file then open the file, everything works fine. However, if I then again print the Notepad file using Microsoft Print to PDF and save it to the same PDF file, the message about overwriting the file appears...
  6. COOL Ransomware and the file overwrite my onedrive files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    COOL Ransomware and the file overwrite my onedrive files: Greetings, Recently my computer was hit by cool ransomware and encrypt all of my files. I was shocked that my onedrive keep syncing those file and overwrite the backups.Is there any way to restore it? Thank you...
  7. Prevent Windows Overwriting Hosts File

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Prevent Windows Overwriting Hosts File: I've been editing my Windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts file for years to facilitate my work. As of a couple of days ago Windows has started overwriting this file with a clean version every time I boot up. I have tried making the file read-only and denying write permissions...
  8. Onedrive overwrites newer files

Onedrive overwrites newer files: Somehow after a while onedrive started working on my surface and laptop and it overwrote newer files including several excel spreadsheets. I was under the impression that files would not be overwrote if newer files existed....
  9. Overwrite file location with storage drive (file explorer)

in Windows 10 Support
    Overwrite file location with storage drive (file explorer): Managed to overwrite "3D Objects" file with the hard drive disk (I), as I was trying to reroute file locations away from the full capacity SSD (C). Is it possible to restore the file back to 3D Objects, or is it permanently transformed? [img] Refer to system 2 specs....
  10. Copy file from download to documents does not prompt to overwrite file, instead creates...

Copy file from download to documents does not prompt to overwrite file, instead creates...: This is really annoying -- for some reason, when I copy a file that was downloaded to my downloads folder to a location in My Documents (inside My Games folder), it does NOT ask if I want to overwrite the existing file (which is what I want). Instead it creates a file with...