Windows 10: Quicklook app for Windows 10 lets you preview files

Discus and support Quicklook app for Windows 10 lets you preview files in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; In OS X, you can select a file and press Space for a quick preview of it, just like how you can preview app window in Windows 10. Previewing a file is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Jun 19, 2018.

1. WinLatest New Member

Quicklook app for Windows 10 lets you preview files

In OS X, you can select a file and press Space for a quick preview of it, just like how you can preview app window in Windows 10. Previewing a file is something that you can’t do natively in Windows 10. While Microsoft appears to be not interested in such a feature, for the time being, there’s a free app available in the Microsoft Store that gives you the same feature.

One of the excellent features on Macs is the ability to preview the files such as photos and videos. You can easily get it on your Windows 10 PC using Quicklook app, which provides a similar functionality.

Seer is indeed a better solution than Quicklook, but the latter is available for free on the Microsoft Store, and on the other hand, Seer is available on a website.

Quicklook has an elegant design and it works with the UWP apps, like Microsoft Photos. It’s one of the best ways to quickly preview files on Windows 10.

Quicklook app for Windows 10 lets you preview files Quicklook-for-Windows-10.jpg

If you select a photo and press spacebar, you can see a quick preview of the photo without having to open the photos app. There’s also an option to open the previewed photo in the official Photos app, which offers better control.

If you preview a PDF file, it will let you open Microsoft Edge as well. It’s worth noting that the app support tons of different file types, and it would cover the majority of general use cases.

You can download it from the Microsoft Store.

The post Quicklook app for Windows 10 lets you preview files appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Jun 19, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 19, 2018
  3. Cvrk Win User
    Installing Windows 10 on Lumia 920

These are the official EASy steps on how to do it. http://www.windowscentral.com/how-install-windows-10-preview-windows-phone

There very simple and i've already tried them. The problem that i face is that the software (this app) does not find any updates for me .
    Many people across the world have this issues .So you need the proxy etc thing to get it to work.

4. Cvrk Win User

Installing Windows 10 on Lumia 920

I have a Lumia 920 mobile phone.
    Found a list on the net with compatible phones that support Win 10. Mine is on that list.
    Can't upgrade with the usual way.
    Found help on this official website of developers for Windows Phones. It's a step by step no brainer thing. Most people are doing it. Except me. I can't get past point 6. http://forum.xda-developers.com/windows-10/general/howto-install-windows-10-phones-t3030105

"6.Connect to the same WiFi that your PC is on. Edit the settings for the WiFi connection to turn on the Proxy and set it to use the PC’s IP address and enter 8877 for the port "

7. Open Internet Explorer on your phone and navigate to http://[pc.ip.add.ress]:8877 where [pc.ip.add.ress] is the IP address of the PC running the WPInsidersHacks app

No idea what this means.I guess i need to access the router and modify some settings in there. Some guy on the forum told me " think he means to use the local IP address of the pc. Go to cmd and type ipconfig and look for ipv4 address. Should be somethin like 192/......"

I did connect my phone as always via wi-fi to my router. But i have no ideea how to use that proxy or how to make my phone have the same Ip as computer. I did start WPInsiderHacks app on pc. This is what it looks like

Quicklook app for Windows 10 lets you preview files [​IMG]

Theres also this official http://forums.windowscentral.com/nokia-lumia-920/341531-windows-10-preview-nokia-lumia-920-a.html
    It says this :
    1. Download the Windows Insider app.
    Press ... > about > make sure Sys free space is 300MB or more.
    If there isn't enough space, make full reset with Windows Phone Recovery Tool.

Code:
    upwp10.chinacloudapp.cn:7777

Download and install certificate.
    3. Edit WiFi connection, enable Proxy

Code:
    upwp10.chinacloudapp.cn

4. Open Insider app, click get builds
    5. You will get Enroll page, do not Enroll yet!
    6. Switch to WIFI settings, turn off proxy.
    7. Switch to Windows Insider app and now you can enroll for Windows 10 Technical Preview.
    Choose Fast option.
    8. Check Settings > Phone update.
    If it can't find updates, you may need to reboot your phone and enroll again (without a proxy now).

Same thing with the proxy. Anyways the more detailed steps on the DEV forum are much better i think .Cuz they put out more info on how to do it.

Can anybody help me with step 6 ?

Thema:

1. Quicklook app for Windows 10 lets you preview files - Similar Threads - Quicklook app lets

2. windows 10 won't let you suspend

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 10 won't let you suspend: when i press the suspend button, the pc suspends and disconnects peripherals only to turn back on 5 seconds later https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-wont-let-you-suspend/704cd8df-8391-47c6-872d-9266d9316f67
  3. windows 10 won't let you suspend

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 10 won't let you suspend: when i press the suspend button, the pc suspends and disconnects peripherals only to turn back on 5 seconds later https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-wont-let-you-suspend/704cd8df-8391-47c6-872d-9266d9316f67
  4. windows 10 won't let you suspend

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
  5. QuickLook Not Working

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    QuickLook Not Working: Hi,I downloaded 'QuickLook' from the Windows Store on my Windows 10 Pro. Now, after launching it, whenever I press spacebar on any file, I don't get any preview of any of my files. Kindly , can you describe what I can do in order to resolve it & hence, make it working?...
  6. Is QuickLook App safe?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Is QuickLook App safe?: Hi!I tried downloading the QuickLook App from the Microsoft Store as I switched to Windows from being a Mac user for the longest time. I was reading the Privacy Policy of QuickLook from the Microsoft Store and noticed that the app has permissions to all my files. I...
  7. How to get windows 10 to let you preview videos/image files? Can't find the answer...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to get windows 10 to let you preview videos/image files? Can't find the answer...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/augbar38 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lsh2eo/how_to_get_windows_10_to_let_you_preview/
  8. Microsoft now lets you run Android apps in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microsoft now lets you run Android apps in Windows 10: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/mohiemen [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i5bi3f/microsoft_now_lets_you_run_android_apps_in/
  9. New app to let you run Windows 10 on your iPhone

in Windows 10 News
    New app to let you run Windows 10 on your iPhone: Wish you could do more with your iPhone than just run Apple’s app store apps? A group of independent developers is working to sort you out. UTM is a new app that uses QEMU (virtualization software) to run the full version of Windows 10 from Microsoft’s operating system image....
  10. Skype Preview for Windows now lets you blur background in video calls

in Windows 10 News
    Skype Preview for Windows now lets you blur background in video calls: Recently, Microsoft announced beta testing of a new feature for Skype on the desktop. With this update, Microsoft has added one of the most requested features to its instant messaging and video calling app. The update has enabled the blurred background feature which can be...