Windows 10: Quick maps and directions on laptop

Discus and support Quick maps and directions on laptop in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have Quickmapsanddirections on my windows 10 laptop. Microsoft safety scanner did not find it. What do I do next? Thank you. andy l... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by andrewlucas33, Mar 3, 2019.

1. Quick maps and directions on laptop

I have Quickmapsanddirections on my windows 10 laptop. Microsoft safety scanner did not find it. What do I do next?

Thank you.

andy l

:)

andrewlucas33, Mar 3, 2019
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Oct 4, 2019
  3. lmr1 Win User
    no directions on maps

Let me clarify - I wasn't referring to turn-by-turn voice directions. I was referring to the actual North/South/East/West directions within the text of the navigation instructions provided on the screen when using the maps app. Windows Phone 7 provided this
    information within the maps step-by-step instructions but Windows Phone 8 does not.

For instance, when going onto a freeway, Windows Phone 8 will typically have something like "Enter 101 Freeway" rather than "Enter 101 Freeway *NORTH* to San Jose".

Is this a known issue?

lmr1, Oct 4, 2019
  4. Quick maps and directions on laptop

Dynamically updating directions when using the Maps app

When using the Directions feature of the Maps app to generate directions from "My Location", some steps in the directions include distances to the next step. This is great, but this distance is not updated while driving, which means that it might say 20
    mi when the directions are generated, and still say 20 mi when you are only 0.5 mi when you are almost to the next step. This can sometimes make the directions confusing, or even cause you to miss the turn or exit or whatever, because you don't realize you
    are almost there. Your location on the map (the blue dot in a diamond) automatically moves to display your current location, so I don't see why the directions can't also get automatically updated so that distances stay correct (and, also, if you go off course,
    regenerated, so you don't need to specifically ask to have them regenerated).

Several other additions to the Maps' Directions feature that I would like to see, although not quite as important, are:

1. Arrows on the blue line showing which direction you will be heading at each point.

2. The ability to control whether you see the just the map, just the directions, or both.

3. Slightly more compact or distinct steps in the list of directions. I would rather see two steps that say "X Ave" with a turn left icon and "Y Ave" with a turn left icon than one step that says "X Ave and immediately turn left onto Y Ave" with a double
    left turn icon. I think that having only one street name per step (at least in the main heading of the step, I don't care if other street names are used or mentioned in the subtext/details of the step) makes it clearer what you need to do at each step.

Nathan Sokalski, Oct 4, 2019
Thema:

Quick maps and directions on laptop

1. Quick maps and directions on laptop - Similar Threads - Quick maps directions

2. Maps app can't get directions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Maps app can't get directions: The Windows 10 app usually slows to a crawl on my Dell laptop when I request directions. It can usually find a destination, but when I select another location to find directions from, it spins forever saying "getting directions," but an hour later it'll still be saying that....
  3. Windows 10 Maps App Not Displaying Directions Properly

Windows 10 Maps App Not Displaying Directions Properly: When using Windows 10's Map App, everything works except for getting directions. When the route preview comes up, the blue line glitches out and sometimes covers the entire screen. It never even comes close to being properly sized, much less over a roadway. Happens at all...
  4. New sense of direction with Live View in Google Maps

in Windows 10 News
    New sense of direction with Live View in Google Maps: Live View in Google Maps helps you keep your bearings so you can find your way around. With new ways to use Live View, we're making it even easier to orient yourself in the world whether you’re walking around, leaving a public transit station or meeting up with...
  5. How to save directions in Microsoft Maps ?

How to save directions in Microsoft Maps ?: Look, if it is simply not possible to save a set of directions road trip! in Maps, just say so... I've seen the question posted several times, but never a response. I have to believe the Maps program allows you to save a set of directions, but heck if I can find it! thanks...
  6. maps hangs when asked to get directions?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    maps hangs when asked to get directions?: win 10 maps hangs when instructed to get directions https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/maps-hangs-when-asked-to-get-directions/a223df84-efe5-4b11-898b-af5429db6575"
  7. How do I remove the Search bar & Quick Maps and Directions? I do not want it.

in Cortana
    How do I remove the Search bar & Quick Maps and Directions? I do not want it.: This bar is so annoying! It takes up room at the top and so pushes important info at the bottom of my screen out of view, things like buttons I need to choose. How can I get rid of it? Help!...
  8. Maps App in Windows 10 now will not calculate directions

Maps App in Windows 10 now will not calculate directions: I can calculate directions via Transit, and sometimes, walking - but not driving. What happened, and how do I fix it? I'm logged in, and I'm tired of going to Google maps......
  9. Map app can not calculate directions

in Windows 10 Customization
    Map app can not calculate directions: My map app cannot give me directions for some needed routes. Why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/map-app-can-not-calculate-directions/57f0b3a2-18d9-48ff-99a1-1f4714fb8ad6
  10. Maps app travel time in directions function?

Maps app travel time in directions function?: Maps direction function results show travel time. Is the "heavy or moderate traffic hours" in parentheses included in the total shown??...