Windows 10: Quiet Hours Symbol

Discus and support Quiet Hours Symbol in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Every time I boot up or reboot the notification shows the PC has turned on quiet hours and the little Quiet hours symbol shows. I can turn quiet... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by carrotmuseum, Sep 18, 2015.

1. Quiet Hours Symbol

Every time I boot up or reboot the notification shows the PC has turned on quiet hours and the little Quiet hours symbol shows.

I can turn quiet hours off manually by going into the notification area and toggle the quiet hours pane.

I do not wish to do this every boot up. Any solutions out there?

:)

carrotmuseum, Sep 18, 2015

2. What does the round on the notification icon indicate?

The circle with the dash in it indicates Quiet Hours is enabled, right click the Action Center icon in the system tray and turn off Quiet Hours and the symbol goes away. You also have the quiet hours icon in the Action Center itself.

From another search it doesn't look like you can customize the hours just yet:

"The Quiet Hours setting allows you to not be disturbed by notifications between 12 am and 6 am. "

James Bernie, Sep 18, 2015
  3. MCCshreyas, Sep 18, 2015
Thema:

Quiet Hours Symbol

1. Quiet Hours Symbol - Similar Threads - Quiet Hours Symbol

2. Dates and hours being displayed as weird symbols

in Windows 10 Customization
    Dates and hours being displayed as weird symbols: Good afternoon dear all, I've been trying to change my Windows 10 display language from PT to DE but all that I managed to do was to mess up the Date and Hours format and change its display to weird symbols pic showing how the hours and dates looks like :...
  3. cannot find quiet hours setting - windows 10

cannot find quiet hours setting - windows 10: i want to turn off quiet hours, so: "How to configure Quiet Hours in Windows 10 Click the Action Center button in the taskbar. It looks like a speech bubble. Right-click Quiet hours. Click Go to settings. Click the switches beneath any options you'd like to disable or...
  4. Ability to SCHEDULE Quiet Hours in Windows Removed?

Ability to SCHEDULE Quiet Hours in Windows Removed?: Can someone confirm that Microsoft actually removed the ability to schedule quiet hours in Windows 10? If appears the scheduling function was removed and they added "Focus Assist" which only allows you to MANUALLY TOGGLE the notification sound suppression....
  5. Need to create Quiet hours or schedule for Windows Defender

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Need to create Quiet hours or schedule for Windows Defender: I want to create a schedule where Windows defender is inactive. I have noticed that when playing games I get small micro-freezes and have identified these as hard page faults (Resource Monitor) caused by Windows Defender processes. I would like to use gpedit or otherwise to...
  6. Windows 10 Action Center Stuck in Quiet Hours

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Action Center Stuck in Quiet Hours: Moved to General Discussion. 32979
  7. Made by you - Alarms break through Quiet Hours

in Windows 10 News
    Made by you - Alarms break through Quiet Hours: Hey Insiders, both app developers and users alike! As you can well imagine, there has been a long history of developer focus at Microsoft and our engineering team loves to engage with our developers as they innovate. At Microsoft we listen to customer feedback across many...
  8. Windows 10 is getting a more configurable Quiet Hours feature

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 is getting a more configurable Quiet Hours feature: Windows 10’s Quiet Hours feature, first introduced on Windows Phone, is getting upgraded with the upcoming Windows 10 Redstone 4 release. Microsoft is currently testing a new version of the Quiet Hours feature in an internal build of Windows 10, first leaked by Synergy...
  9. Alarm apps to break through Quiet Hours now in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Alarm apps to break through Quiet Hours now in Windows 10: We just enabled this in the next Insider fast-ring flight of the Creators Update! All third-party alarm apps will break through quiet hours now, just like the first-party alarm app! Thank you everyone for letting us know that this feature was important to you!...
  10. Windows 10 Action Center Stuck in Quiet Hours

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Action Center Stuck in Quiet Hours: I'm running Windows 10 Pro (Version 10.0.10586 according to the `ver` command). When I first installed Windows 10 a few weeks ago, the Action Center behaved in a way I would have considered normal. At some point in the evening, it would go into "quiet hours" and I looked...