Windows 10: Quirk Logging in to a Hyper-v W10 vm

Discus and support Quirk Logging in to a Hyper-v W10 vm in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; tiptoed into hyper-v before but this lasted build I find myself having to enter the guest login password twice. Windows guest password is entered on a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by theok, Nov 2, 2017.

1. theok Win User

Quirk Logging in to a Hyper-v W10 vm

tiptoed into hyper-v before but this lasted build I find myself having to enter the guest login password
    twice. Windows guest password is entered on a seaside background it then switches to a mountainscape background
    asking for the password again. Any ideas how I can fix this?

:)

theok, Nov 2, 2017
  2. RFT OB1 Win User

Remote Desktop Connection problem with Virtual Machine

We made the big mistake of configuring a WINDOWS-10 VM to allow for Remote Desktop Connections. We are unable to disassociate the VM from RDM. We can no longer access the VM!!! The following is the pertinenet
    information:

• Server is running Windows-10 Professional 64 with Hyper-V installed.
    • VM is Windows-10 Professional 64.
    • In VM allowed Remote Desktop Connections.
    • From server successfully connected to VM via RDM.
    • Closed RDM connection. Unable to access VM.
    • Turned off VM from Hyper-V Manager.
    • Attempted to restart VM, unable to connect via Hyper-V from message box the following is displayed:

Video Remoting was disconnected. The virtual maching is currently using the Remote X 3D video adapter. A user is currently connected via Remote Desktop Connect to the virtual machine by using Remote Desktop Connection.
    • Connected via Remote Desktop Connection. Attempted to turn off allowing Remote Desktop Connection. VM hung.
    • VM Wouldn't turn off via Hyper-V manager.
    • Shutdown host system and rebooted.
    • Unable to connect via console or RDM.
    • Shutdown host system and rebooted.
    • Deleted VM via Hyper-V Manager.
    • Restored VM system disk from backup prior to RDM usage.
    • Created new VM. the messages in itm 7 above are displayed.
    What can be done to recover? Why does Hyper-V retain a broken connection?

RFT OB1, Nov 2, 2017
  3. BulldogXX Win User
    Hyper V

Hyper-V is either installed or not installed. It cannot be disabled.

After I was done experimenting with Hyper-V I deleted my VM and uninstalled Hyper-V. Poof, gone.

Hyper-V worked fine for me, but I still prefer VMWare. Hyper-V works best with Ethernet; it's trickier with WiFi.

BulldogXX, Nov 2, 2017
  4. cereberus Win User

Go to settings, accounts, sign-in options and turn off option for windows to use your login details to continue upgrades after a restart.

cereberus, Nov 2, 2017
  5. theok Win User
    Thanks for taking the time to reply cereberus. As it were, i was impatient and reran the iso installer. I'm sure your suggestion would
    have worked anyway. *Smile

theok, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Quirk Logging in to a Hyper-v W10 vm - Similar Threads - Quirk Logging Hyper

2. Hyper-V VM can't ping another Hyper-V VM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hyper-V VM can't ping another Hyper-V VM: Hello all,I've been working on a lab network attempting to perform a test live migration. Here is my current setup:Host 1: STAN- VM COSTELLOHost 2: OLLIE Joined to the Domain- VM ABBOTT Current Domain Controller DNS ServerI have set static IP addresses for all of these...
  3. Hyper-V VM can't ping another Hyper-V VM

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hyper-V VM can't ping another Hyper-V VM: Hello all,I've been working on a lab network attempting to perform a test live migration. Here is my current setup:Host 1: STAN- VM COSTELLOHost 2: OLLIE Joined to the Domain- VM ABBOTT Current Domain Controller DNS ServerI have set static IP addresses for all of these...
  4. Problem with VM on Hyper-V

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with VM on Hyper-V: Good morning,after installing updates on windows server 2008 R2 it's a server to do some lab tests, I know the OS is obsolete, the VM working on Hyper-V starts normally and works but the screen remains black. How can I solve the problem?Looking online, the server in question...
  5. Problem with VM on Hyper-V

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with VM on Hyper-V: Good morning,after installing updates on windows server 2008 R2 it's a server to do some lab tests, I know the OS is obsolete, the VM working on Hyper-V starts normally and works but the screen remains black. How can I solve the problem?Looking online, the server in question...
  6. Hyper-V VM

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Hyper-V VM: With the Hyper-V session running on my local machine. Am I allowed to create a VM using the DVD I used on the machine? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hyper-v-vm/2b8f2e09-28ab-4e98-bba3-f835ac67d542"
  7. Hyper-V VM. No OneDrive folder.

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Hyper-V VM. No OneDrive folder.: Hyper-V VM. No OneDrive folder. Clicking OneDrive doesn't give a OneDrive folder. 111321
  8. KVM Host --W10 VM with HYPER -V running another VM (Nesting)

KVM Host --W10 VM with HYPER -V running another VM (Nesting): Hi there. It seems some CPU's will handle HYPER-V in a VM running on a Host where a HYPERVISOR (KVM in this case) is already running. One needs to make a few mods otherwise booting up the VM running UNDER the HYPER-V (the 2nd level VM) will freeze. I'm currently...
  9. Exporting VM with hyper-v

Exporting VM with hyper-v: When you export a VM with Hyper-v, does the exported VM retain the same hardware identifier as the original? I know with VMware, when you open up a backed up VM, you select "I moved it" to retain hardware identifier, and "I copied it" if you want a new identifier. Is it...
  10. Hyper-V VM has no sound

Hyper-V VM has no sound: This is my first attempt at using Hyper-V. Installation in my Win 10 Pro worked well right up until I tried using the virtual machines sound. No sound device reported. I opened device manager the only option I could see was Audio inputs and outputs. Expanding and a device...
Tags: