Windows 10: Quirky happenings - Explorer Edge

Discus and support Quirky happenings - Explorer Edge in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Trying to figure out why these some weird happenings occur and how to remedy them (1) Unexpectedly I find all open windows flashing for 5 to 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Goodgenie4u, Oct 7, 2015.

1. Quirky happenings - Explorer Edge

Trying to figure out why these some weird happenings occur and how to remedy them
    (1) Unexpectedly I find all open windows flashing for 5 to 10 seconds! and I cannot use the computer. (Win 10 Pro 32 bit)
    (2) After opening Edge and I move the cursor to favourites or some other part of the page, The window shuts down in a flash and I have to start Edge from scratch. Happened too often and unreliable for on line transactions.
    (3) Having possibly cross platform version problems transferring files on the home network. Could it be because I have
    (a) Win 10 Desktop (b) A Win 8.1 Laptop (c) A Win 10 mini HTPC (4) A Win 7 laptop.
    Problems include getting access to folders content for "authorization" reasons. None of the above PC's have or require log in id's and passwords. There is no chance that anyone other than my wife uses the computer ( 2 seniors in a condo!)
    Also have hard time transferring files between 2 WDD external HDD's using my laptop. Keeps saying I'm not authorised.

Need help simplifying things

Thanks
    Dennis

:)

Goodgenie4u, Oct 7, 2015
  2. TNTIGER Win User

Can I remove Edge and go back to IE11 on W10?

April,

If you open a web page in Edge, you can change to IE. Click the More Actions icon (the three dots on the right edge of the address line and you will see an option to Open with Internet Explorer. Once you do that, you are back in IE. This is kind of quirky,
    but it works.

TNTIGER, Oct 7, 2015
  3. Can I remove Edge and go back to IE11 on W10?

I need to logon to Assurant Valuations

It won't let me at all. It keeps insisting that it works with Internet Explore 11. That's what I need only Internet Explore 11. No Edge.

MortezaTehrani, Oct 7, 2015
Thema:

Quirky happenings - Explorer Edge

1. Quirky happenings - Explorer Edge - Similar Threads - Quirky happenings Explorer

2. SSD with Windows 10 installed acting quirky

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SSD with Windows 10 installed acting quirky: Recently, while I left my pc on and went to go do something else, I came back to my pc noting that it had frozen in the motherboard "AsRock" screen. I turned it off, turned it back on and was met with a Windows Blue Screen, the last one I would receive from that SSD. This SSD...
  3. Windows 11 can get a bit quirky at night

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 can get a bit quirky at night: After having my computer boot up normally from 10 to 11 a while ago, I now restarted my computer and it booted up on a different desktop than usual. I found the root of that issue, being that windows used my Microsoft account instead of the local account that's been there...
  4. What happened to Edge?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What happened to Edge?: I have a somewhat unique problem. Here's some background.I'm using an HP desktop, Win 10. Been using Edge for some things and Chrome for others.Before yesterday, I set-up my computer so that the wife and I used separate browsers - Chrome for her and Edge for me. Because I was...
  5. What happened to Edge?

What happened to Edge?: I have a somewhat unique problem. Here's some background.I'm using an HP desktop, Win 10. Been using Edge for some things and Chrome for others.Before yesterday, I set-up my computer so that the wife and I used separate browsers - Chrome for her and Edge for me. Because I was...
  6. What happened to Edge?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Why is this happening? It only happens to edge, everything else is fine.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why is this happening? It only happens to edge, everything else is fine.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/GubbleFan [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ml0niq/why_is_this_happening_it_only_happens_to_edge/
  8. Cortana and Edge, not Explorer

Cortana and Edge, not Explorer: I want my Cortana to use Edge for web searches, not Explorer. I cannot finding anything in the settings. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_tools/cortana-and-edge-not-explorer/a2926409-4f66-4b96-8bc5-dd78dbaa37d4
  9. Microsoft Edge explorer

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge explorer: Can I uninstall Microsoft Edge and use another explorer with windows 10. Microsoft Edge will not work with java. I can't find microsoft edge in control panel. 27646
  10. Quirky graphics behaviour

in Windows 10 Support
    Quirky graphics behaviour: Puzzled by recent odd behaviour in two of my applications and wonder if it's maybe some Windows 10 quirk? Hopefully not a problem with my built-in Intel HD Graphics 530. In my video editor, Movie Edit Pro, a familiar message that sometimes gets displayed when importing a...