Windows 10: Quit my job. I want to take my Windows 10 licence so i can reuse it.

Discus and support Quit my job. I want to take my Windows 10 licence so i can reuse it. in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Good morning everyone! My company desktop computer was running so slow, and i couldn't format it because of company passwords, so i went out an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Ronin63, Mar 28, 2018.

1. Ronin63 Win User

Quit my job. I want to take my Windows 10 licence so i can reuse it.

Good morning everyone!

My company desktop computer was running so slow, and i couldn't format it because of company passwords, so i went out an bought myslef a Win 10 CD with my own money.
    I'm leaving the company now, i want to remove the licence from the company's desktop computer, so i can legally take it with me to my next company appointed desktop computer.

Is this possible??

Thank you All!!

:)

Ronin63, Mar 28, 2018

2. one of my windows 10 systems just stopped working, however I was able to retrieve the hard drive, how can I reuse the windows 10 licence

Hi,

One of my upgraded windows 10 systems just stopped working, however I was able to retrieve the hard drive, how can I reuse the windows 10 licence in a different system.

Please advice.

Best regards

Debopriyo

debopriyosanyal, Mar 28, 2018
  3. How to find my Windows 10 Licence so I can download a Windows 10 image?

When you upgraded from a previous version of Windows or receive a new computer preinstalled with Windows 10, what happened is the hardware (your PC) will get a digital entitlement, where a unique signature of the computer will be stored on Microsoft
    Activation Servers. The Windows 7 or Windows 8 genuine license you were previously running will be exchanged for a diagnostics key.

Anytime you need to reinstall Windows 10 on that machine, just proceed to reinstall Windows 10. It will automatically reactivate.
    You will prompted to enter a product key a couple times through the installation, click I don't have a key and Do this later.

There is no need to know or get a new key, but if you have issues with Digital Licensing or the Activation Troubleshooter, you can utilize an existing Windows 7 or Windows 8/8.1 product key
    you already ownto reactivate if necessary. or use the reset function in Windows 10.

Step 1: How
    to download official Windows 10 ISO files

Step 2: How to: Perform a clean install of Windows

Andre Da Costa, Mar 28, 2018
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

Use showkey plus to view the product key on the computer:
    ShowKeyPlus - Windows 10 Forums

You will find that the product key on the computer is different than the one you entered from the CD. Windows 10 computers now get digital licenses and when they get the digital license, the product key changes to the generic digital license product key. And you cannot remove the digital license for Windows 10 once the computer gets it. The license is stored on Microsoft Activation servers based upon the unique hardware ID of the computer, not the product key.

You say you bought a Windows "CD". The only genuine version of Windows 10 that comes on a DVD is the OEM System Builders version. The EULA for System Builders version prohibits you from moving it form the computer it was first activated on. I don't think Canada has any laws that override the EULA so you donated the license for that Windows 10 to the company and it would violate the EULA to move it.

NavyLCDR, Mar 28, 2018
  5. Who currently owns the computer? Are they giving you the PC?

alphanumeric, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Quit my job. I want to take my Windows 10 licence so i can reuse it. - Similar Threads - Quit job licence

2. Can I replace my Windows 10 Home licence by a Pro?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I replace my Windows 10 Home licence by a Pro?: Hi all,I didn't found a exact solution for my issue, does someone know how I can do this:1. Old PC running Windows 10 Pro Intel NUC > This PC is about to be dismantled and put into recycling2. Dell Laptop with OEM Windows 10 Family or HomeI want to switch the OEM Home licence...
  3. Can I reuse my email address

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I reuse my email address: Dear sir/madam, My question is that after closing the Microsoft account, we can create a new account from the deleted email id or not. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-reuse-my-email-address/9b6329cc-cd80-4ea2-ba96-c810783001d1
  4. Can I reuse my email address

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I reuse my email address: Dear sir/madam, My question is that after closing the Microsoft account, we can create a new account from the deleted email id or not. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-reuse-my-email-address/9b6329cc-cd80-4ea2-ba96-c810783001d1
  5. I want my licence key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I want my licence key: I want my licence key because my acer laptop motherboard has been dead. I upgraded from windows 7 to 10 and it was digital licence retail one. I want my product key so that i can install on my Dell Inspiron laptop. And when my laptop was in working condition so I forgot to...
  6. Can I reuse my Windows 10 key later?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can I reuse my Windows 10 key later?: Windows 10 came preinstalled on my computer when I bought it. Im looking to switch to Linux fully. I've been on dual boot for a while and just don't see any point to it anymore. Is there a way to save my Windows 10 key now, and be able to use it during installation in case I...
  7. So i want to format my pc

So i want to format my pc: I have a dual boot system with windows 10 and kali linux and i want to format it. Foes anything change from the normal process? submitted by /u/Alkis003 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hvx4bz/so_i_want_to_format_my_pc/
  8. Can I reuse my Windows License if I blanked my HDD?

Can I reuse my Windows License if I blanked my HDD?: Hi. If I buy a PC with Windows 10 on it and wipe the drive to install Linux - can I still use the W10 license again? Thanks. submitted by /u/Royaourt [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/e40d7k/can_i_reuse_my_windows_license_if_i_blanked_my_hdd/
  9. I want to know, if my licence is linked to my MS account

I want to know, if my licence is linked to my MS account: Hi, so my PC crashed few month ago and I am thinking about repairing it. But since my MOBO died, I need to buy new one, with newer CPU (newer socket) and RAM (get new DDR4 instead of DDR3). So problem is that quite a lot of HW will be replaced and also GPU was replaced...
  10. Can I reuse my Windows 7 Product Key in Windows 10?

Can I reuse my Windows 7 Product Key in Windows 10?: Hi at all! I am using Kubuntu and I must say that it's a very good OS, but I also need Windows because of the lack of programs, such as video editing programs and games. So, I have a question: - Can I download the Windows 10 ISO from Microsoft's Site and use my old Windows 7...