Windows 10: Quite Hours: What are the default hours and How can I set custom hours

Discus and support Quite Hours: What are the default hours and How can I set custom hours in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have an app named "Timer+" which after it is set and finishes makes a loud beeping noise until it is turned off. I can have up to three timers... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by DavidG, Aug 3, 2015.

1. DavidG Win User

Quite Hours: What are the default hours and How can I set custom hours

I have an app named "Timer+" which after it is set and finishes makes a loud beeping noise until it is turned off.
    I can have up to three timers running at the same time.

I have discovered if my QUIET HOURS are turned on, then no sound will be made (at any time of day) *Eek
    when any of my timers finish. Only a notification appears in the action center. (NO BANNER, NO SOUND)
    I would like to fix this.

When Quiet Hours are turned off "Timer+" works perfectly.

I would also like to know if ANYONE has found a way to set custom hours for QUIET HOURS. Does anyone know the default Quiet Hours?

It seems to me there are so many NOTIFICATION PROBLEMS that TENFORUMS should consider having a SECTION DEDICATED TO NOTIFICATION PROBLEMS. (It would be a busy section).

:)

DavidG, Aug 3, 2015
  2. Martmcd Win User

"Active hours can be set between 1 and 12 hours"?!

the creators update will be launched soon, it is likely that the maximum active hours will be extended to 18.

along with other features that give us some control over updates

Martmcd, Aug 3, 2015
  3. "Active hours can be set between 1 and 12 hours"?!

I agree ...it is *REALLY* *** edited!

I want to set active hours in such a way that my computer updates wont disturb me

tried from 8AM to 10PM but a Microsoft "Einstein" (loll) decided I cannot use my laptop more than 12hours

BillionDollar Bill, Aug 3, 2015
  4. elshagon Win User

I can't find any way to setup Quiet Hours either. It would seem there should be some sort of schedule or something for turning them on or off. I can't find anything.

elshagon, Aug 3, 2015
  5. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Aug 3, 2015
  6. DavidG Win User
    From the link >Right click or press and hold on the Action Center system icon.

Boy that's a good one, I've NEVER HEARD that one. It made me laugh after I tried it. *Roflmao2
    Why does feeling stupid make me laugh?

DavidG, Aug 3, 2015
  7. Brink
    Brink New Member
    I just love those doh moments. LOL

*Doh

Brink, Aug 3, 2015
  8. banger Win User

I'm wondering too, it's obscure on win 8 phone, wonder if the hour settings will also disappear in win 10 phone.

banger, Aug 3, 2015
  9. Swagger Win User
    If you do not have Cortana enabled, you can not set the hours manually.
    This is something Microsoft needs to rework, not everyone uses Cortana.
    There is no possible way to set your own Quiet hours, unless you use Cortana.

Swagger, Oct 31, 2015
  10. snoopy51 Win User
    snoopy51, Oct 31, 2015
  11. satchmo Win User
    Unfortunately, that's correct.

satchmo, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Quite Hours: What are the default hours and How can I set custom hours - Similar Threads - Quite Hours are

2. how to move from 24 hour time to 12 hour

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to move from 24 hour time to 12 hour: how to move from 24 hour time to 12 hour https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-move-from-24-hour-time-to-12-hour/5326d6fd-25d0-4144-8d75-cf79e59b3f74
  3. how to move from 24 hour time to 12 hour

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to move from 24 hour time to 12 hour: how to move from 24 hour time to 12 hour https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-move-from-24-hour-time-to-12-hour/5326d6fd-25d0-4144-8d75-cf79e59b3f74
  4. how to move from 24 hour time to 12 hour

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Night light custom hours not working.

Night light custom hours not working.: In my settings, I have enabled night light and set them to custom hours, and have set the hours accordingly. But whenever the specified time comes to turn on/off the night light, it just doesn't work. I always have to turn night light on/off through the action centre or click...
  6. Sleep setting defaults to 2 hours

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sleep setting defaults to 2 hours: Sleep setting defaults to 2 hours I usually keep my sleep setting at 'Never' but lately, the setting gets changed to '2 hours' after a reboot. I can't get it to stay at 'Never.' This has been happening since I clean installed in August. Edition: Windows 10 Education...
  7. Backup Hour settings

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Backup Hour settings: Hello, I want to be able to choose the hour settings for the backup to be active. The filters on the help page are not detailed enough I am not going to go through hundreds of posts of irrelevant subject matter. regards and thanks...
  8. Active Hours in "settings"

Active Hours in "settings": Hi, I'm trying to change my "active hours" in my Settings area, and when I put in the NEW ACTIVE Hours, it just keeps the old hours setting...How can I get it to keep the NEW active hours I want to change it to? I've clicked on the CHANGE command, but it just won't make the...
  9. Settings: Change active hours

Settings: Change active hours: W10 will not let me set end of active hours to more than 11pm same day. Trying for 6AM to 12am (midnight). Smithurmann Winchester Mass. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/settings-change-active-hours/af381423-ced8-41bb-93ce-4e5a0240435b
  10. Settings, Active Hours

Settings, Active Hours: My settings for Active Hours are from 6:00 AM to 10:00 PM, yet I get frequent updates between 9-10:00 AM, which logs me off without notice. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/settings-active-hours/84b7c0a6-d14a-4657-8285-c7e060d3599b