Windows 10: Quite slow please help..booting takes time too.

Discus and support Quite slow please help..booting takes time too. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have a i5 laptop but the laptop is too slow it even takes a long time to boot...please help as soon as possible.*Smile 64096 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by shrivatsa, Sep 17, 2016.

1. shrivatsa Win User

Quite slow please help..booting takes time too.

I have a i5 laptop but the laptop is too slow it even takes a long time to boot...please help as soon as possible.*Smile

:)

shrivatsa, Sep 17, 2016
  2. mohan1234 Win User

The Sad Demise of Nokia

I have an issue of getting my phone performing very slow, i.e, it takes too much time to boot, sometimes doest not get on after waiting for 10-15 mints. If anybody have any solution for this please help...

mohan1234, Sep 17, 2016
  3. xray---01 Win User
    Nokia N70 is too slow

i got a new phone Nokia N70 and it's too slow in opining any thing and take long time to open, what i have to do?

Please help

xray---01, Sep 17, 2016
  4. swarfega Win User

Hi there. You could try uninstalling any software that you don't use. Laptops tend to be flooded with unwanted manufacturer software.

You can also disable any unnecessary programs that run on start up by doing this:

right click on taskbar and select task manager
    click on the start-up tab and go through the entries that could be disabled.

You might want to download ccleaner and give that a go and then run the internal defrag program.

swarfega, Sep 17, 2016
  5. thekelt Win User
    Any computer that is slow booting is indicative of many items, amongst which are lack of removal of caches, uneeded files, leftover files, temp files, defragmentation, defrag of the registry, cleaning the registry, not enough space headroom on HD, and probably a few other things. If you are running Win 10 then defrag of the HD shouldn't be an issue. As suggested, using free Ccleaner is a good start, but a deeper clear using a program like Fix-It is better and not too expensive. Quite possible you have also got some malware unless you have strong AV program. I use Kaspersky but there are great free ones like Avast. Use Malwarebytes if you don't already.
    Computers are like a car, and need maintenance. You can't run your car forever w/o changing oil and tune ups; similarly you need to clean your HD of garbage and reorganize files and space. And a simple trick, TURN OFF THE UNIT, so it boots from cold next time. I tend to have my laptop on all the time but at least once a week I turn it off so Windows can do some internal maintenance and flush the RAM memory. I turn my PC off every night for that reason and to save on the power bill.

thekelt, Sep 17, 2016
  6. dalchina New Member
    Hi, By all means run Ccleaner, don't bother defragging the registry.
    The presence of temporary files by itself won't slow things down- only perhaps if you end up with almost no free disk space as a result.

Please post a screenshot of your task manager (in normal mode) ensuring any processes using significant resources are at the top of the relevant column by clicking its tab to organise the column.

Can you please check your disk:
    1. From an admin command prompt
    [Windows key + X, click command prompt (admin)]
    chkdsk C: /F
    Your PC will need to restart.
    Make sure the result is clear or fixed- else do not proceed.
    Post back the result, which you can get after a restart as follows:
    How do I see the results of a CHKDSK that ran on boot? - Ask Leo!

2. Download and install Crystal Diskmark (free).
    Run a throughput test (read/write) on your disk and post the result.

3. Do a clean boot (this will show if any 3rd party programs installed are having an adverse effect on performance.
    Clean Boot - Perform in Windows 10 to Troubleshoot Software Conflicts - Windows 10 Forums
    (just the first part gives instructions if unsure).
    Is there any change in performance?

Please post a screenshot of your task manager ensuring any processes using significant resources are at the top of the relevant column by clicking its tab to organise the column.

dalchina, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Quite slow please help..booting takes time too. - Similar Threads - Quite slow please

2. SLOW BOOT WIN 11 - PLEASE HELP!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SLOW BOOT WIN 11 - PLEASE HELP!: Hi,I installed Windows 11 on my pc a few months later, and the boot time was really good, it almost booted up in 20/10 secs.But now it almost takes 10 mins to boot. The performance is the same, it is not affected, But the Boot time is affected.Any fix?#Microsoft...
  3. SLOW BOOT WIN 11 - PLEASE HELP!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SLOW BOOT WIN 11 - PLEASE HELP!: Hi,I installed Windows 11 on my pc a few months later, and the boot time was really good, it almost booted up in 20/10 secs.But now it almost takes 10 mins to boot. The performance is the same, it is not affected, But the Boot time is affected.Any fix?#Microsoft...
  4. System performance is too slow it takes too much time to get open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System performance is too slow it takes too much time to get open: Whenever i open power bi in my laptop it takes too much time to get open what should I do i am using the Intel Pentium quad core processor and 1tb HDD can someone help what should I do i am learning power bi but it make me sad while it takes too much time...
  5. System performance is too slow it takes too much time to get open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System performance is too slow it takes too much time to get open: Whenever i open power bi in my laptop it takes too much time to get open what should I do i am using the Intel Pentium quad core processor and 1tb HDD can someone help what should I do i am learning power bi but it make me sad while it takes too much time...
  6. System performance is too slow it takes too much time to get open

7. Please Help! Settings App Too Slow in Win 11!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Please Help! Settings App Too Slow in Win 11!: It's almost more than 3-4 months of me in Windows 11. I regularly face an issue which I always think it will be fixed in next update, but it doesn't happen. The Settings app when opened lags and takes long time to load. I have 8 GB Ram, And I have intel Core i3 10th GEN The...
  8. Please Help! Settings App Too Slow in Win 11!

Please Help! Settings App Too Slow in Win 11!: It's almost more than 3-4 months of me in Windows 11. I regularly face an issue which I always think it will be fixed in next update, but it doesn't happen. The Settings app when opened lags and takes long time to load. I have 8 GB Ram, And I have intel Core i3 10th GEN The...
  9. Please can you help me with Slow Boot Time?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Please can you help me with Slow Boot Time?: Hello all, I've been having some very slow boot up time, several minutes on spinning circles before login screen. I know that Windows 10 is the culprit cos this seemed to get worse with every update. I remember one time after a Windows feature update, the problem went away...
  10. Windows Boot too slow

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows Boot too slow: Whenever I switch on my Laptop , It takes about 2min to load . It is very frustrating . The thing is that it shows multiple messages such as "Waiting for Local Session manager" , "Starting Services" , "Preparing Windows" at every startup and "Stopping services" , "Stopping...