Windows 10: Qurious question regarding NT

Discus and support Qurious question regarding NT in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hey there, a mate of mine asked me this question and truly speaking I do not know the answer, therefore I am putting it to you guys for help. What... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by dejager183, Jan 10, 2015.

1. Qurious question regarding NT

Hey there, a mate of mine asked me this question and truly speaking I do not know the answer, therefore I am putting it to you guys for help. What version of NT would Win 10 be, this statement being based on the past facts that Windows XP was based on NT version 4 etc. So logically what would the case be with Win 10.
    I am just asking out of curiosity *Confused

:)

dejager183, Jan 10, 2015

2. 808 Music player bug

I just tryed to create a completely new playlist and started adding albums one after another and sorts the songs again by album and then alphabeticaly.It quickly becomes quite a mess.IMO the sorting must be Album-track number as it is in the Library.And
    that is the more qurious thing is why the 2 places sort the songs differently.

Barbarian---01, Jan 10, 2015
  3. Questions regarding 5800xm

Yes I am sure. The game I mentioned makes you press on your screen a few hundred times per game to squish roaches that are running around. You could say I tap the screen like more than 1000 times a day for the game alone. Not to mention that I am a heavy
    texter. Your screen might get decalibrated due to the many touches, and that's what the recalibration option in the settings is for. The screen has lasted me 2 years already. Although I'd advice to buy a screen protector, you might scratch it up like crazy.

chanchan05, Jan 10, 2015
  4. caperjack Win User

Qurious question regarding NT

Hello this site says it will be NT10 and NT 6,4 as it shows now in the preview Windows 10 won

caperjack, Jan 10, 2015
  5. alphanumeric, Jan 10, 2015
  6. Mystere Win User
    XP was based on Windows 2000, not NT4. Windows 2000 was NT5, and XP was 5.1. Vista was NT6, Windows 7 was NT6.1, Windows 8 was NT6.2, 8.1 is 6.3. Initially, Windows 10 has been NT 6.4, but rumor is that the new version will bump it to version 10. I am not sure if that is confirmed or not.

Mystere, Jan 11, 2015
  7. Wasn't 7 - 6.1, 8 - 6.2 and 8.1 - 6.3?

alphanumeric, Jan 11, 2015
  8. caperjack Win User

I link I posted above says its gonna skip a few numbers and be called nt10,likely better to wait and see

caperjack, Jan 11, 2015
  9. Mystere Win User
    Yes, I got my numbers skewed.. lol

Mystere, Jan 11, 2015
  10. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there.

We all called Windows NT "Windows Neanderthal or Windows No Thanks" back in those days. Windows NT was probably the MOST USER UNFRIENDLY (probably User Aggressive is a better term) OS that I have ever seen incliding Command only Linuxes.

To get ANYTHING to run that consumers would use - like USB devices / plug 'n play etc was either impossible or a NIGHTMARE. No wonder it made ZERO headway as a desktop OS. Any new hardware device usually failed to work - especially ones consumers liked. Boring old officy stuff would work but that's only OK if you are in a shop that only upgrades hardware every 40 years or so.

Windows 2000 was a relevation after the Windows NT nonsense. Windows 2003 was the first REAL sensible server OS that Ms did. I still use it as a DESKTOP VM !! for running my old legacy XP hardware like Minidiscs / vinyl record studio recording / cutting etc etc.

I think the only people who liked N.T were I.T admins because they were the only people who could understand it and it kept the mystique of "Geekness" going.

I for one was NOT sorry to see it disappear for good -- and if anybody is still using it for servers they should get rid immediately - there's better CHEAPER and safer servers around these days.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Jan 11, 2015
  11. *Ditto We had NT 4 at work way back when and it was a PITA. "Plug and Pray" it worked. I absolutely loved Windows 2000. I could play my old games again. Most stuff worked when plugged in. Driver support eventually became top notch. Windows 2000 was likely my longest used OS on my home PC's. I held out until support ended and then reluctantly moved on to XP.

12. It wouldn't surprise me if they did that, they can code it to be whatever they like. It would be one way to make "some" people think it was a totally new OS. *Wink

13. BunnyJ New Member

I have to agree with Win2000. I had a copy and my PC couldn't use it by I put it on a friends PC and it was great. Oh and I used it at work and loved it.

Jeff

BunnyJ, Jan 11, 2015
  14. Mystere Win User
    I think you are (and most others) are forgetting history. Windows NT 4 was released in 1996, which was 2 years before Microsoft officially supported USB even in Windows 9x. One of Windows 98's big features was in fact USB support. The USB specification was first released in 1996, and wasn't really viable until the 1.1 release in 1998 anyways.. devices didn't really start appearing until 1997 and 1998.

So complaining that a product released 2 years before the first real releases of the product didn't work well with it.. well, that's just pretty silly. That's like complaining that your old CRT TV doesn't do Ultra4K.

The real problem was that people were using NT4 well into the 2000's and trying to retrofit it for things it wasn't designed for. And, frankly, that's user error in my opinion.

Mystere, Jan 11, 2015
  15. caperjack Win User
    a car parts manufacturing plant I worked at in 2007/8 was still using win2000 on computers that were running some of parts testing machines/and lathes and such

caperjack, Jan 11, 2015
Thema:

1. Qurious question regarding NT - Similar Threads - Qurious question regarding

2. A question regarding BIOS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A question regarding BIOS: Hi , Good evening! I am having a problem with my windows 10 bios HP pavilion laptop. My bios doesnt have the advanced tab and whenever i follow a tutorial from google or YouTube it always plays a beep sound. Any help will be appreciated and please tell me how i can unlock the...
  3. A question regarding BIOS

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    A question regarding BIOS: Hi , Good evening! I am having a problem with my windows 10 bios HP pavilion laptop. My bios doesnt have the advanced tab and whenever i follow a tutorial from google or YouTube it always plays a beep sound. Any help will be appreciated and please tell me how i can unlock the...
  4. Question regarding BSoD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Question regarding BSoD: Hello!whenever I start my laptop, it shows BSoD RTKVHD64.sys and not booting I want to recover my data but the laptop shows the blue screen and it starts again and again but not letting me to have a backup of my data ....
  5. Question regarding BSoD

Question regarding BSoD: Hello!whenever I start my laptop, it shows BSoD RTKVHD64.sys and not booting I want to recover my data but the laptop shows the blue screen and it starts again and again but not letting me to have a backup of my data ....
  6. Question regarding WMIC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Question regarding WMIC: I'm looking to upgrade my laptop RAM ASUS X441BA, so I want to check my capacity first.I typed in on cmd:wmic memphysical get MaxCapacity, MemoryDevices I got the outputMaxCapacity MemoryDevices 4194304 2What does this mean?Do I have 4194304 kilobytes 4.1GB to fit in within 2...
  7. Question regarding WMIC

Question regarding WMIC: I'm looking to upgrade my laptop RAM ASUS X441BA, so I want to check my capacity first.I typed in on cmd:wmic memphysical get MaxCapacity, MemoryDevices I got the outputMaxCapacity MemoryDevices 4194304 2What does this mean?Do I have 4194304 kilobytes 4.1GB to fit in within 2...
  8. Question regarding WMIC

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. Question regarding taskbar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Question regarding taskbar: I currently have a three monitor setup and I only want two taskbar, is it possible to do that in Window? submitted by /u/ToSaKuMiRK [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/krb8o2/question_regarding_taskbar/
  10. Question Regarding Bluetooth

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Question Regarding Bluetooth: Hi guys. Just a quick question as i can't seem to find an answer on the web. I'm on latest November build for W10 Pro and Bluetooth is automatically on with no option to toggle it on or off. I've turned off the Bluetooth services etc but still it won't go off. Bit unsure why...