Windows 10: R Click Causes Hourglass?

Discus and support R Click Causes Hourglass? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So I just got a new win 10 pro computer, but after a week or so I'm having a right click problem. It causes the hourglass, a 10 second + delay before... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JoeFromSd, Dec 4, 2023.

1. JoeFromSd Win User

R Click Causes Hourglass?

So I just got a new win 10 pro computer, but after a week or so I'm having a right click problem. It causes the hourglass, a 10 second + delay before it stops. It happens with files in folders and the desktop.What can I do to troubleshoot this??

:)

JoeFromSd, Dec 4, 2023
  2. Jay Jap Win User

How to change mouse hourglass into blue circle in Windows 10

Hello,

You can change the hourglass in to blue circle by following these steps:

• Click-on Start and go to Settings.
    • Select Devices and click-on Mouse and touch pad on the left pane.
    • Click-on Additional mouse options to open Mouse Properties.
    • Then choose the Pointers tab.
    • Click on the drop-down under Scheme and choose Windows Default (system scheme.)
    • Click OK.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Jay Jap, Dec 4, 2023
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Hourglass on cursor

Hi Black,

An hourglass on your cursor, generally means your PC is busy - is your PC sluggish when the hourglass is on your cursor?

If so

Open Task Manager (Ctrl + Shift + Esc)

Are any of your devices (CPU, RAM, DISC . . . etc.) very busy or up to 100%

DaveM121, Dec 4, 2023
  4. R Click Causes Hourglass?

Can't reinstall Quickbooks Pro 2012 in Windows 10

Hi Roger,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for posting your query.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you to fix the issue.

Let’s try simple troubleshooting steps and check if this helps in resolving the issue. Follow the below methods. I suggest you to unregister and register the Windows installer and check.

• Press Windows key + R, type MSIEXEC /UNREGISTER, and then click OK. Even if you do this correctly, it may look like nothing occurs.
    • Click Press Windows key + R, type MSIEXEC /REGSERVER, and then click OK. Even if you do this correctly, it may look like nothing occurs, or you may briefly see an hourglass. After you run this command, the operation is
      complete.
    Hope this helps. Keep posting us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Dec 4, 2023
Thema:

R Click Causes Hourglass?

1. R Click Causes Hourglass? - Similar Threads - Click Causes Hourglass

2. R Click Causes Hourglass?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    R Click Causes Hourglass?: So I just got a new win 10 pro computer, but after a week or so I'm having a right click problem. It causes the hourglass, a 10 second + delay before it stops. It happens with files in folders and the desktop.What can I do to troubleshoot this??...
  3. R Click Causes Hourglass?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    R Click Causes Hourglass?: So I just got a new win 10 pro computer, but after a week or so I'm having a right click problem. It causes the hourglass, a 10 second + delay before it stops. It happens with files in folders and the desktop.What can I do to troubleshoot this??...
  4. Hourglass Cursor on Screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hourglass Cursor on Screen: Whenever I hover on the left side, bottom half of my screen, I am unable to click on anything, and my cursor just has the hourglass on. Can anyone tell me how to fix my screen so it doesn't do this? Thank you...
  5. Hourglass Cursor on Screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hourglass Cursor on Screen: Whenever I hover on the left side, bottom half of my screen, I am unable to click on anything, and my cursor just has the hourglass on. Can anyone tell me how to fix my screen so it doesn't do this? Thank you...
  6. Clean up R-Click Context Menus

in Windows 10 Support
    Clean up R-Click Context Menus: Hi, I'm trying to delete the majority of items I see when R-Clicking on items. I've tried a BUNCH of programs but none of them seem to be able to do what I want (or I just can't figure them out) - Context Menu Editor, Easy Context Menu, Context Menu Tuner, Ultimate Windows...
  7. "Windows host process (Rundll32)" causing hourglass to flash every 5s

in Windows 10 Support
    "Windows host process (Rundll32)" causing hourglass to flash every 5s: Windows 10 Pro 1909 Freshly installed less than a week ago. Noticed that every 5 seconds the blue circle or hourglass (depending on mouse pointer size) would flash. Tried uninstalling a bunch of recently installed programs including some built-in programs included with...
  8. Hourglass on cursor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hourglass on cursor: I've read and tried the various ways to get rid of the hourglass on my cursor. Its not there all the time but it annoys me. I've tried the Settings way through but that doesn't work and I've also tried the Lenovo Settings to ensure that both are in line with each other. but...
  9. R/Click Mouse

in Windows 10 Support
    R/Click Mouse: Lately, if I right click on a file to copy or cut, the screen blinks and it goes to my desktop. If i click on the same file again it does OK and the menu comes up. Any ideas? I think but not sure that it started after the last update to 1058.104 41196
  10. Where is the the hourglass or equivalent?

in Windows 10 Support
    Where is the the hourglass or equivalent?: I don't see any indication when programs take time to load. I would expect to see an hourglass or equivalent but I get nothing. This leaves me wondering whether to wait or click again! Sometimes results in multiple instances of program running. Is there any setting I can...