Windows 10: .r35, .r36, ... not associated with WinRar = no icon

Discus and support .r35, .r36, ... not associated with WinRar = no icon in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have .rar files associated with Win rar, except that after about file .r35, the association stops. While the first file (.rar) does set off the whole... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by bbelly, Jan 21, 2018.

1. bbelly Win User

.r35, .r36, ... not associated with WinRar = no icon

I have .rar files associated with Win rar, except that after about file .r35, the association stops. While the first file (.rar) does set off the whole chain, the lack of association is a bit troublesome, as the ability to scan the icons helps file selection. I can set the association manually (Open with -> more apps -> winRAR). However, that is 65 or so files, plus occasionally the file extensions drift to .s01, s02 ... and presumably .txx, .uxx, etc could follow (don't think I've seen it go that far, but as said, the WinRAR does find its own way)
    Some sort of 'batch association' would be the simple. Googleizing the problem brought up "Types is a free and lightweight configuration utility" but it doesn't seem to be out there any more (WinXP era).
    Any ideas?

:)

bbelly, Jan 21, 2018

2. Disable a2dp in N73 after fireware upgrade

Hi Kinmod,

I have exactly same experience with you but seems that it didn't have any solution right now.

I have some finding fyi.

1. Switch on Blutooth of N73

Pair with N73 and R35 and set as authorization.

2. *****Do not press "connect" on N73

3. Pair with another device(your iTech G5).

4. Test iTech G5 and ensure you can listen music.

5. Get back your N73, *****Press MBR button once.

You will find the bluetooth icon of N73 have "()"

I found that R35 have alert if there is incoming call but cannot use R35 as headfree.

Moreover, the music of device(iTech G5) will continuous the music.

Liongo

liondog---01, Jan 21, 2018
  3. ragzok Win User
    Why 6650 FOLD can't pair i.Tech Clip R35 headset via bluetooth

Very time I select i.Tech Clip R35 form the bluetooth search list to pair, but it show a message of can't pair with the R35 headset, but this headset can easily paired with my Nokia 6260. And my 6650 can pair other phones, computers normally.

So is there any hints about how to pair this stereo headset.

Thank you.

ragzok, Jan 21, 2018
  4. .r35, .r36, ... not associated with WinRar = no icon

You could manually edit the registry to associate as many .r?? as you wanted

Go to HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\

and add as many .R's as you want after the existing entries

Hearsepilot, Jan 25, 2018
  5. Samuria Win User
    They are not associated asyou cant generally open them on there own as they contain only a small part which on its own can be useless you have to open the rar file for it to work

Samuria, Jan 25, 2018
  6. See is this can help.

Settings>Apps> Default apps>Choose default apps by file type>or protocol>or Set defaults by app

MikeMecanic, Jan 25, 2018
  7. Correct.
    And what would be the point associating every possible rar suffix?

The suffixes run from .r00 to .rXX ... because a given rar archive can be divided into many pieces, each with its own suffix.
    The only program that "cares" about the suffix is your rar archiver ... which will respond when you click on a .rar or .r00 file ... and will then proceed to read all of the .rXX files.

Humans need not care about all those numbered suffixes.

margrave55, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

.r35, .r36, ... not associated with WinRar = no icon

1. .r35, .r36, ... not associated with WinRar = no icon - Similar Threads - r35 r36 associated

2. WinRAR update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WinRAR update: When I purchased my laptop in 2016, the system automatically updated my laptop 9 update with WinRAR 64-bit. Since then my laptop has had little storage after other applications were installed. Is it safe to delete or uninstall these updates?...
  3. WinRAR Download

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WinRAR Download: Hello, I have a question with WinRAR. When I started to download WinRAR, a message pops up saying "Do you want this app to make changes for your device". I was somewhat afraid of downloading WinRAR because I thought if I click "Yes" it might mess up the whole computer. I have...
  4. Replaced all "OPEN WITH" associations with WinRAR

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Replaced all "OPEN WITH" associations with WinRAR: I Messed up really BAD!I accidentally replaced nearly all OPEN WITH associations with Winrar. This has essentially made most .exe and apps unable to function. I even get random errors every 5 seconds from system32 saying that something is wrong. I can't even reinstall or...
  5. Replaced all "OPEN WITH" associations with WinRAR

Replaced all "OPEN WITH" associations with WinRAR: I Messed up really BAD!I accidentally replaced nearly all OPEN WITH associations with Winrar. This has essentially made most .exe and apps unable to function. I even get random errors every 5 seconds from system32 saying that something is wrong. I can't even reinstall or...
  6. Replaced all "OPEN WITH" associations with WinRAR

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Winrar

Winrar: Hi, Anyone know a way to make winrar close automatically after extracting a file? Thanks 178618
  8. Winrar icon missing from zipped files

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Winrar icon missing from zipped files: Sorry if this is in the wrong category. All zipped files have the plain windows icon. Checked default apps and they all have the winrar icon, and integration in winrar has all the files checked. Reinstalled winrar but no joy. Windows has the latest updates, 20H2 19042.685....
  9. winrar password

in Windows 10 Customization
    winrar password: what is the winrar password for fifa 2008 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_general/winrar-password/609ee9e4-7c87-4dd2-a811-712a7071505e
  10. WinRAR

WinRAR: I did a reset on my Windows 10, I had winRAR.. now it's gone How do I get it for free again? This laptop was bought with winRAR on it.. 44666