Windows 10: R9 390 Not Performing Well On GTA V

Discus and support R9 390 Not Performing Well On GTA V in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi, I recently upgraded from a HD7790 to an MSI R9 390 8gb. Every single game has an obvious performance increase, except GTA V. For some reason my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Axeinfection, Sep 5, 2015.

1. R9 390 Not Performing Well On GTA V

Hi,
    I recently upgraded from a HD7790 to an MSI R9 390 8gb. Every single game has an obvious performance increase, except GTA V. For some reason my old HD7790 can run GTA V on higher settings than my R9 390. Clearly something is wrong, but I'm not sure what. My CPU is an AMD A8 5500 and it does not pass the minimum CPU requirements for GTA V, so is it massively bottlenecking my GPU, or is the problem caused by something else?
    Thanks.

:)

Axeinfection, Sep 5, 2015
  2. Teemosan Win User

How do I change Taskbar icon preview from Thumbnail peek to List peek in Win 10 v 1703?

I'm running Win 10 Creators Update v 1703 build 15063.332 on a Samsung 850 EVO SSD \ i7 desktop PC \ R9 390 GPU with Crimson 17.5.2 drivers.

How do I change the Taskbar icon preview from Thumbnail peek to List peek in Win 10 v 1703. It would be the same type of taskbar icon previews as it was in Win XP.

Is there a way to change this natively in Win 10 v 1703?

Thanks

Teemosan, Sep 5, 2015
  3. video_tdr_failure with AMD radeon r9 390

Thank you for your feedback so soon as it is greatly appreciated. I got a usb media tool for windows 10 but when I tried to connect my monitor to my graphics card then start my computer it couldn't get signal. I tried using a DVI cord as well but it didn't
    work. The monitor itself if working fine since I am using it when plugged into my mother board. The graphics card is assembled correctly in the mother board and is detected through device manager so I don't know how it can't be connecting. I also tried using
    the start up repair when connected to my mother board and it said that it couldn't repair my pc and said try other options. Is there any other way to repair my windows and be able to connect my monitor?

Thank you.

Augustin Miceli, Sep 5, 2015
  4. Dude Win User

R9 390 Not Performing Well On GTA V

I would say the bottleneck is the issue. Recommend you upgrade the cpu.

Dude, Sep 5, 2015
  5. Thanks for the quick reply *Smile .

Axeinfection, Sep 5, 2015
  6. Make sure you have the right drivers. I ALSO have a cpu that is under powered for GTA5 and it wouldn't run UNTIL I got Win 10 (had Vista) despite getting a new GPU (the 290 in my case).

Even though they udated the AMD drivers, when you click on the update page it shows the same update. Download it anyways and check for yourself what version is on the installer.

Once I got the right update, it ran great.

DeathStalker, Sep 10, 2015
  7. Ok, thanks, I will try that. I did check for updates using the AMD software but this might not have been enough.

Axeinfection, Sep 10, 2015
  8. R9 390 Not Performing Well On GTA V

Yeah, that A8 is definitely bottlenecking you. I had an A8 with an R9 290 and got a 20+ FPS increase when I switched from the A8 to an FX-8350.

blackroseMD1, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

R9 390 Not Performing Well On GTA V

1. R9 390 Not Performing Well On GTA V - Similar Threads - 390 Performing GTA

2. R9 390 WINDOWS 11 PROBLEM !!!!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    R9 390 WINDOWS 11 PROBLEM !!!!!: I have an "AMD R9 390" video card and my computer has Windows 11 operating system, but I am having a driver problem. No matter which game I enter, I get the error "your video card driver is outdated". When I look at the AMD application, my video card seems to be up to date. I...
  3. R9 390 WINDOWS 11 PROBLEM !!!!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    R9 390 WINDOWS 11 PROBLEM !!!!!: I have an "AMD R9 390" video card and my computer has Windows 11 operating system, but I am having a driver problem. No matter which game I enter, I get the error "your video card driver is outdated". When I look at the AMD application, my video card seems to be up to date. I...
  4. GTA V ERROR

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    GTA V ERROR: I tried all the ways possibile,but my game keeps saying the application was unable to start correctly 0xc0000007b. Click OK to close applicatonPlease help me i just got the game...
  5. GTA V

in Windows 10 Gaming
    GTA V: A few days ago i downloaded GTA V for free from Epic Games. After installing the game, it automatically downloads Rockstar Games Launcher. When I launched it, it tells me to sign in or make an account, so i made one and then it proceeds to the launcher. At first I didn't get...
  6. gta v

in Windows 10 Gaming
    gta v: sir....... excuse me if i written something wrong because i cant speak English very well last week i downloaded gta v rebak but it cant play very well because it have a shutter and lag i play it offline but she is slow that my computer info and graphic is intel...
  7. GTA V

in Windows 10 Gaming
    GTA V: If I buy GTA V from the microsoft store on pc can I then download it on my PC and then play with xbox online players? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/gta-v/4bf453e9-3b71-4a48-97c0-0f5d1409c301
  8. Windows 10 1809 wont boot with my R9 390

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 1809 wont boot with my R9 390: So i tried multiple times to update from 1803 to 1809. Allways getting stuck at 30/45% percent. So tried several ways to get the update done. And after i removed my power pins from my R9 390 and Windows updated w/o any problems to 1809. After i did a shutdown and reinserting...
  9. MSI R9 390 Driver Issues

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    MSI R9 390 Driver Issues: So about a couple weeks ago, my graphics card has been running into issues with games crashing once I join in them. It says: "A fatal error occurred in the graphics driver. Code:38 Result:'Device removed, Reason: DXGI_Error_Device_Hung:Graphics device stopped responding....
  10. What Is The Best R9 390 AMD Card To Date For Crossfire ?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    What Is The Best R9 390 AMD Card To Date For Crossfire ?: So far after lots of searching I found this one: Sapphire 11247-03-40G Sapphire NITRO R9 FURY graphics card Shop UK : Ballicom.co.uk : Buy Suggestion which match this or greater would be appreciated *Smile 72337