Windows 10: Raid 0 help required.

Discus and support Raid 0 help required. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a GT72 6QE Dominator Pro G laptop. Can i delete the recovery partition (120gb -THE W10 OS has 117gb) in the raid array, so i have more SDD... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by whest, Oct 8, 2015.

1. whest Win User

Raid 0 help required.

I have a GT72 6QE Dominator Pro G laptop. Can i delete the recovery partition (120gb -THE W10 OS has 117gb) in the raid array, so i have more SDD storage (2x128 SDD in raid 0)? I was going to use a W 10 home install DVD disc(media creation) to delete the Recovery Partition by starting the install, and going to custom install, and deleting it there or could you sequentially tell me the Diskpart command lines to do it in command prompt, and does it need the dos environment ? I would then expand the drive into one raid drive and create two partitions?
    The Laptop has two Recovery Partitions a 120gb, which is empty, and a 20gb recovery partition on a normal TB Hard Drive, which has the backup - approximately 19gb.
    How much total storage space would be available after the merger, and would the OS still boot?

:)

whest, Oct 8, 2015

2. Windows 10 support raid 0 and raid 1

Original title: Raid

Does windows 10 support raid 0 and raid 1

volumehelp, Oct 8, 2015
  3. Sarah_995 Win User
    Does Bitlocker in Windows 10 Pro support RAID 0 drive configuration?

My laptop has two SSD drives that run in RAID 0 configuration (so it's hardware RAID, not software RAID, but specifically RAID 0, where data are stored across two drives, not mirrored).

I am currently running Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit and ran into some difficulties when I turned on Bitlocker. I was able to get my computer back to functioning, and Bitlocker says that my drive is now fully encrypted, but I have an error message from Intel, which
    is how we discovered that my drive is really two drives with RAID 0. I'm wondering if anyone knows much about this. Specifically:

Does Bitlocker in Windows 8.1 Pro support RAID 0 -- should I trust that it's actually fully encrypting my data and won't cause problems going forward, e.g., if I de-encrypt and re-encrypt to change the Bitlocker settings or upgrade my OS?

and

Would upgrading to Windows 10 Pro, which I haven't done yet but plan to do eventually, result in Bitlocker working better with my RAID 0 configuration (e.g., is RAID 0 newly supported in Windows 10 Pro?)?

I haven't been able to find information about Bitlocker and RAID 0 that is current enough to answer my questions.

Thanks,

Sarah

Sarah_995, Oct 8, 2015
  4. spapakons Win User

Raid 0 help required.

First have a look if you can setup RAID 0 from BIOS or some control menu before booting to the OS. If not, then you can skip this step and create the RAID 0 in Windows Setup. Boot with Windows 10 DVD and start setup. When you see the available disks and partitions, you should be able to wipe them and create the RAID 0, if you haven't already. No need to create any partition, unless you want to create more than one. If you want Windows to take all the available space, then click to start installing Windows and the necessary partitions will be created automatically.

If you want to create the RAID from Windows setup and you don't see the recovery partition at this point, or you are not allowed to delete it, you can restart with a Linux live CD or a tool disk such as MiniPE and delete the partition from there. Then boot to Windows DVD again and now you should be able to create RAID 0 and proceed.

To see the tools for deleting partitions, formatting the disk etc you have to click on the advanced button first.

spapakons, Oct 8, 2015
Thema:

Raid 0 help required.

1. Raid 0 help required. - Similar Threads - Raid help required

2. Storage spaces raid 0

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Storage spaces raid 0: have 5 disks with 18TB so made a storage space of 81TB but only allowed to use 63 TB as NTFS. 64TB fails. whats wrong ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/storage-spaces-raid-0/84616e8c-ac97-462e-8692-df76beb92272
  3. Storage spaces raid 0

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Storage spaces raid 0: have 5 disks with 18TB so made a storage space of 81TB but only allowed to use 63 TB as NTFS. 64TB fails. whats wrong ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/storage-spaces-raid-0/84616e8c-ac97-462e-8692-df76beb92272
  4. Storage spaces raid 0

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Moving from raid 0 to non raid

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Moving from raid 0 to non raid: I want to move away from my nvme raid 0 to a non raid nvme without reinstalling. Aomei backupper doesn't work, bsod. Any other solutions? submitted by /u/collins_amber [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l63z0n/moving_from_raid_0_to_non_raid/
  6. creating Raid 0 fails

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    creating Raid 0 fails: I have 24 HDD. This holiday season, I received four Seagate Exos enterprise X16 16 TB HDD. They connected to my motherboard using SAS . When I try to create a stripped raid with just 2 HDD, Disk Management FAILS. Same result for a two disk pool using Storage Spaces. Help!...
  7. Install Windows on Raid 0

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Install Windows on Raid 0: I have an i3-3240 processor, an ASRock H61M-VG3 motherboard and 2 Hitachi HDP725050GLA360G. My question is: what do I need to install Windows on the 2 hdds in Raid 0? And I would like if you can find me what's needed....
  8. RAID 0 is myth / RAID 0 is not possible / RAID 0 is a lie / RAID 0 is not possible on...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    RAID 0 is myth / RAID 0 is not possible / RAID 0 is a lie / RAID 0 is not possible on...: Hello, I am interested to know if RAID 0 exists or not? I have an external HDD drive which states RAID 0 is possible. However, I am not sure if RAID 0 is possible or not. There are no softwares which promotes RAID 0 creation. I have tried everything and I do not believe in...
  9. Win 10 raid 0

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Win 10 raid 0: So, I have a server trying to install Windows 10 on. I ran into some issues. It doesn't see my HD during the setup and i am assuming I need a raid0 driver of some kind? Secondly, how do I get Windows 10 to display the full drive since its a 2X2TB setup that I setup as raid0...
  10. Defraggler + SSD raid 0

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Defraggler + SSD raid 0: So i've lived with this for alotta years. Its now on my short list of "things that irk me" to sort out. Ive waited iteration after iteration for piriform to sort it out. I've installed driver after driver for my raid controller. Different versions of windows. The problem...