Windows 10: RAID 1 question before upgrading

Discus and support RAID 1 question before upgrading in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi folks, I'm a W7 Pro user, and I'm finally thinking to get the update to W10. Question: at the moment I've a RAID 1 set up; will it still be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by dextermorgan, Dec 11, 2015.

1. RAID 1 question before upgrading

Hi folks,

I'm a W7 Pro user, and I'm finally thinking to get the update to W10.

Question: at the moment I've a RAID 1 set up; will it still be available after the update and/or after I do a clean install of W10?

Thank you

:)

dextermorgan, Dec 11, 2015
  2. Sentar Win User

Windows 10 PRO and RAID sets on my system NOW having currupt errors on BOOT up.

QUESTION with WIN10 PRO...

I NOW seem to have a problem with my RAID sets on my system NOW having currupt errors on BOOT up.

Since upgrading MY raid sets 3 (one is 2 xWD red 1TB disks RAID 1, one is 2 x Seagate 250GB NAS drives RAID 1, and one is 2 x 250GB Seagate NAS Raid 0). And the boot drivec: is a 320GB Seagate 7200RPM
    on which WIN10 is loaded by FREE update.

Is anyone else experiancing problems with WIN10 and RAID disk sets??

OP - Windows 10 PRO and RAID sets

Sentar, Dec 11, 2015
  3. damo44 Win User
    Windows 10 Upgrade crashes at 75 percent

Thanks. I must have tried the upgrade around 20 times now. Most of the time mine only as far as not rebooting at 75%. On one occasion I hit the reset button and it resumed the upgrade process before getting at stuck at 84%, another time it got all the way
    to 84% by itself.

I have a sneaking suspicion that it's something to do with my RAID 1 HDD config but I can't prove that. The question is do I want Win 10 desperately enough to break the RAID set down to individual drives and potentially have to reinstall Win 8, 8.1 and 100s
    of upgrades just to try and install Win 10 again.

damo44, Dec 11, 2015
  4. WildOne Win User

RAID 1 question before upgrading

I have RAID 1 builded into motherboard BIOS (software) and had no RAID related problem upgrading/clean install to Win10...I had WIN7 Home but do not think WIN 10 Pro will cause a problem....assuming your RAID is software you may want to check out storage spaces in Windows. Lots of pro's & con's but worth a look if currently using software RAID...

WildOne, Dec 11, 2015
  5. Thanks for your answer!
    Yes, my RAID is set via BIOS too, so I shouldn't have any problems. I never did some changes to my OS since I set the RAID, so I just wanted to be sure *Smile

Thanks!

dextermorgan, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

RAID 1 question before upgrading

1. RAID 1 question before upgrading - Similar Threads - RAID question before

2. Questions before upgrading to Windows 11.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Questions before upgrading to Windows 11.: Good morning,I'm considering upgrading to Windows 11, but I had a few clarifying questions first:- Is Microsoft still following the horrible business practice of putting ads into the operating system?- Is Microsoft still following the horrible business practice of forcing...
  3. Questions before upgrading to Windows 11.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Questions before upgrading to Windows 11.: Good morning,I'm considering upgrading to Windows 11, but I had a few clarifying questions first:- Is Microsoft still following the horrible business practice of putting ads into the operating system?- Is Microsoft still following the horrible business practice of forcing...
  4. upgrade raid 1 windows 10 to windows 11

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    upgrade raid 1 windows 10 to windows 11: I have Windows Pro 10 installed on Raid 1. Can I upgrade to Windows 11? What happens then to the raid array? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-raid-1-windows-10-to-windows-11/acb04082-5647-43bd-a81c-d36e99b46197
  5. upgrade raid 1 windows 10 to windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    upgrade raid 1 windows 10 to windows 11: I have Windows Pro 10 installed on Raid 1. Can I upgrade to Windows 11? What happens then to the raid array? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-raid-1-windows-10-to-windows-11/acb04082-5647-43bd-a81c-d36e99b46197
  6. upgrade raid 1 windows 10 to windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. raid 1 troubleshooting

in Windows 10 Support
    raid 1 troubleshooting: OK...I have been fighting a raid 1 for about 24 hours and am at my wits end here ! SOS!!! ;-) I have two identical Samsung 850 1 TB SSDs. I have tried setting up raid 1 in bios AND in Win10 with no luck. The BIOS got set up to the point that I got "functioning raid" message...
  8. Raid 1 problems

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Raid 1 problems: I have two 3TB disks on Raid 1 setup. I also have a folders with DVD movies there. The problem is that my media players crashes after the "Universal" intro when i try to play them. If i test the discs separately it works fine. But on Raid 1, it crashes. Weird thing is that...
  9. Raid 1 problems

in Windows 10 Support
    Raid 1 problems: I have two 3TB disks on Raid 1 setup. I also have a folders with DVD movies there. The problem is that my media players crashes after the "Universal" intro when i try to play them. If i test the discs separately it works fine. But on Raid 1, it crashes. Weird thing is that...
  10. Question before upgrading

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Question before upgrading: On a spare hard drive I have, I Installed 7 Pro 64Bit w/SP1. How, if possible, do I upgrade to 10 w/o having to download all the Telemetry KB updates? 57376

Users found this page by searching for:

1. check hdd raid 1 errror