Windows 10: RAID folder access denied

Discus and support RAID folder access denied in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am running WIn 10 pro 64 bit on a P8Z77-V PRO motherboard. I have a Mediasonic PRORAID 4 Bay Enclosure - USB 3.0 & eSATA (HFR2-SU3S2). It is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by samhfoley, Jul 13, 2016.

1. samhfoley Win User

RAID folder access denied

I am running WIn 10 pro 64 bit on a P8Z77-V PRO motherboard. I have a Mediasonic PRORAID 4 Bay Enclosure - USB 3.0 & eSATA (HFR2-SU3S2). It is currently set to RAID 10

I had been having trouble with the drive being empty when I clicked on it in My PC.

Now the drive boots up fine each time I start up the PC. The iTunes library is functional as is my email profile which is stored on it.

However, my business folder with course materials, book layouts, art, etc... is telling me

English Tree
    [Main Instruction]
    You don't currently have permission to access this folder.
    [Content]
    Click Continue to permanently get access to this folder.
    [Continue] [Cancel]

I click continue, but I can never get in. I have tried restarting the PC, but no change. When I right click on the folder for properties it is also telling me that it has 0 bytes, 0 files, 0 folders. scary.....

When I click the security tab it says YOU MUST HAVE READ PERMISSIONS TO VIEW THE PROPERTIES OF THIS OBJECT.

please advise. I need this for my classes this week. weep

Sam

:)

samhfoley, Jul 13, 2016

2. Folder Access Denied

I uninstalled the Steam client. Don't remember if I restarted it, but when I tried to reinstall the client, I was notified that the Steam folder had to be empty first. I checked the Steam folder, and there were still items in the folder apparently. Do you know
    what the issue is regarding the Folder Access?

JackAttack95, Jul 13, 2016
  3. Folder access denied

Glad to see that you solved your problem.

Frederik Long, Jul 13, 2016
  4. Kbird Win User

Hi Sam , did you sort the other issues ? or is this cos of the other Issues last week?

Have you verified the Array ? is all well ? no rebuild warnings ?

I recently had permissions issues too and used Windows Tweaking Tool to reset the default permissions for the Drive and it worked, I only used the Repair Tab and unchecked everything except the Permissions for the Drive I was having issues with. ( it is freeware )

Tweaking.com - Windows Repair Free/Pro

Kbird, Jul 14, 2016
  5. samhfoley Win User
    This was a completely new issue. However, once I hit submit to this thread the folder opened up. I have no idea why. But the problem appears to be fixed.

samhfoley, Jul 14, 2016
  6. Kbird Win User
    okay good , wouldn't hurt to run the Verify from the Jmicron software if possible.

USB3 sorted ?

Kbird, Jul 14, 2016
  7. samhfoley Win User
    I would say 90% of the time it works fine. 10% of the time it doesn't recognize the USB on start up and I have to unplug and replug the USB

samhfoley, Jul 14, 2016
  8. Kbird Win User

Okay , I read earlier today that AiSuite II 's Charger App is not Win10 Certified and should be uninstalled if not disabled by Win10 on upgrade, not sure if you use it? but that report was from someone with a Asus Z77 MB too.

He was also advised to install those two updates I mentioned last week for win10 , so that part should be okay

Did you try other USB3 ports? I can't remember if you have Intel Usb3 and AsMedia Usb 3 ports too , (my asus board has both)

Kbird, Jul 14, 2016
  9. samhfoley Win User
    I had the box on the charger USB3 and it wasn't working well, so I moved it to another USB3, where its now working/loading at boot 90% of the time. The sleep mode problem is gone. It's now more of a startup/time it takes to recognize the drive problem.

I do not have any AiSuite software installed on my PC.

samhfoley, Jul 14, 2016
  10. Kbird Win User
    I don't use the Suite stuff either .....

You do have AsMedia and Intel USB3 looking at MB specs so 1 may work better than the other re not recognized at Boot 100% of the time.

Kbird, Jul 14, 2016
  11. samhfoley Win User
    Switched usb3 slots. Worked ok the 1st time we'll see how it goes

samhfoley, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. RAID folder access denied - Similar Threads - RAID folder access

2. Denied Folder Access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Denied Folder Access: I am the sole administrator on my computer and there are also no other users, and when I click "security tab", it won't let me configure user access. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/denied-folder-access/e4b38c4a-8106-4783-96d4-8c2c6a35f528
  3. Denied Folder Access

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Denied Folder Access: I am the sole administrator on my computer and there are also no other users, and when I click "security tab", it won't let me configure user access. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/denied-folder-access/e4b38c4a-8106-4783-96d4-8c2c6a35f528
  4. Folder Access Denied

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folder Access Denied: I am trying to delete a folder from my computer but I get the message"You require permission from DESKTOP-K80A0CS\prboy_ikch6mt to make changes to this folder" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/folder-access-denied/6400ade0-f3f4-4a12-9ca8-1c6a8fc42e0c
  5. Folder Access Denied

Folder Access Denied: When I try to delete an old windows 10 download it keeps saying "You require permission from DESKTOP-Name\my name to make changes to this folder. I already have take ownership of everything in it. But I still can't delete anything. [IMG]...
  6. Folder Access Denied

Folder Access Denied: I have a folder under Users/<Me>/Pictures that I need to rename but am unable to. I get the following error: [ATTACH] NOTE: I am this user and also "own" the folder: [ATTACH] How do I resolve this? Any ideas?...
  7. Folder Access Denied

Folder Access Denied: Hi, I keep receiving a pop-up box that tells me I need permission to perform this action. Why am I getting this when I am signed in as administrator? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/folder-access-denied/c4b15789-9e65-47ab-afe0-04de0692824a
  8. folder access denied

folder access denied: Quand j'essaie d'ouvrir certains dossiers il m'est impossible d’accéder car je reçois le message "Vous ne disposez pas des autorisations requises pour accéder a ce dossier"...
  9. Folder Access Denied

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Folder Access Denied: I recently tried to change my Username from the default first five letters of my email address by following one of Shawn Brinks tutorials. After three or four failed attempts I gave up and am stuck with the default which is C:\ User\grtat. I will probably return to that in...
  10. Access denied to folders and files

in Windows 10 Support
    Access denied to folders and files: Runnin win 10 since 2 weeks. Trying to copy all files from external HD to new second internal HD. some files copied no problem, other files and folders will either not copy (administrator rights) or are outright "access denied". All are films, no programs. I got full...