Windows 10: Raid for noobies

Discus and support Raid for noobies in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; For the first time in awhile I have 2 semi new hard drives of the same size a WD blue and a WD black(manufactured). My motherboard is this 300$ already... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ZippyDSMlee, May 11, 2017.

1. Raid for noobies

For the first time in awhile I have 2 semi new hard drives of the same size a WD blue and a WD black(manufactured). My motherboard is this 300$ already antiquated beast LOL
    ASRock > Z97 OC Formula

Is there anything I should know before I try and follow the instructions,ect? Anyone want to give me a rundown on raid 101? Are there any programs that help with doing raid aside from the mobo maker,ect?

Thanks for any help!

:)

ZippyDSMlee, May 11, 2017

2. N73 ReBooting when i answer an incoming call

Forget it, should have used the search function before i asked the question.

Ok im a noobie !!

gavinstorie, May 11, 2017
  3. SFC /scannow does NOT fix Visual C++ errors!

The kind of noobie that has 3 threads, is broken, and does not want to take advice.

I am off to help elsewhere.

Good Luck

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), May 11, 2017
  4. Samuria Win User

Raid for noobies

What do you hope to achieve with raid in most cases its a disaster waiting to happen and speed gains are often not worth the effort. Do image backups is the best method. If your mirroring drives and one get infected they are both infected. With images you can keep several backups

Samuria, May 11, 2017
  5. What's your purpose for doing RAID on your drives?

RoasterMen, May 11, 2017
  6. Data protection primarily and performance boost if worthwhile for win10 C drive.

ZippyDSMlee, May 11, 2017
  7. I was wondering if its worth the trouble, so basically nope? Better off using mercurium to make backups then?

ZippyDSMlee, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Raid for noobies

1. Raid for noobies - Similar Threads - Raid noobies

2. Dell Latitude. Can't Clean-Install because of "AHCI" and "RAID" complications.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dell Latitude. Can't Clean-Install because of "AHCI" and "RAID" complications.: I'm trying to Clean-Install Windows 11 onto my laptop. Apparently, there's some obstacle that prevents certain laptops--like this Dell Latitude 7430--from Clean-Installing, something to do with "AHCI" and "RAID" modes in the BIOS. According to this thread on the Dell forum,...
  3. Dell Latitude. Can't Clean-Install because of "AHCI" and "RAID" complications.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dell Latitude. Can't Clean-Install because of "AHCI" and "RAID" complications.: I'm trying to Clean-Install Windows 11 onto my laptop. Apparently, there's some obstacle that prevents certain laptops--like this Dell Latitude 7430--from Clean-Installing, something to do with "AHCI" and "RAID" modes in the BIOS. According to this thread on the Dell forum,...
  4. Windows won't recognize my RAID.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows won't recognize my RAID.: TLDR: RAID isn't recognized with VMD off. Can't boot with VMD on because Windows can't access the boot drive. SFC Scannow didn't help and I can't install Intel RST as my system "Isn't compatible." TIAHardware:CPU: i9-14900KMoBo: Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Master X ver 1.1 Latest...
  5. Windows won't recognize my RAID.

Windows won't recognize my RAID.: TLDR: RAID isn't recognized with VMD off. Can't boot with VMD on because Windows can't access the boot drive. SFC Scannow didn't help and I can't install Intel RST as my system "Isn't compatible." TIAHardware:CPU: i9-14900KMoBo: Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Master X ver 1.1 Latest...
  6. blue screen stopcode 0x82460000 when sending large files to lacie6big usb raid hdd

in Windows 10 Gaming
    blue screen stopcode 0x82460000 when sending large files to lacie6big usb raid hdd: lenovo p70. Windows 10. Teracopy file transfer. lacie 6big USB RAiD HDD - newly purchased.Trasnferring large files realised that the PC has reset itself.Try again and the time taken to reset has reduced and I see the BSOD with stopcode 0x82460000 at point of the PC...
  7. blue screen stopcode 0x82460000 when sending large files to lacie6big usb raid hdd

blue screen stopcode 0x82460000 when sending large files to lacie6big usb raid hdd: lenovo p70. Windows 10. Teracopy file transfer. lacie 6big USB RAiD HDD - newly purchased.Trasnferring large files realised that the PC has reset itself.Try again and the time taken to reset has reduced and I see the BSOD with stopcode 0x82460000 at point of the PC...
  8. blue screen stopcode 0x82460000 when sending large files to lacie6big usb raid hdd

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. BSOD from trying to enter into a raid in Escape From Tarkov

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD from trying to enter into a raid in Escape From Tarkov: ### The Problem ###When playing the game Escape from Tarkov, my computer will blue screen. this happened when i try to go into a raid and it will load everything but when it is time to enter the session my laptop bsods. It has never happened while I'm in the menus.and for the...
  10. BSOD from trying to enter into a raid in Escape From Tarkov

BSOD from trying to enter into a raid in Escape From Tarkov: ### The Problem ###When playing the game Escape from Tarkov, my computer will blue screen. this happened when i try to go into a raid and it will load everything but when it is time to enter the session my laptop bsods. It has never happened while I'm in the menus.and for the...