Windows 10: Raid SSD and Trim

Discus and support Raid SSD and Trim in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; What is everyone doing with SSD's that are set up in a RAID ? Once you switch to a raid setup you loose the trim function. Is the trim function that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JoeSearfoss, Dec 25, 2015.

1. Raid SSD and Trim

What is everyone doing with SSD's that are set up in a RAID ? Once you switch to a raid setup you loose the trim function. Is the trim function that important with the current releases of SSD drives ?

:)

JoeSearfoss, Dec 25, 2015
  2. suat.cini Win User

Disk Cleanup in Windows 10

Do your SSDs support trim function ? Do you have a RAID setup ?

Did you also run the following command

dism.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

at the command prompt with admin privileges ?

suat.cini, Dec 25, 2015
  3. aakkam22 Win User
    installing a ssd on windows 10 in ide sata mode

Many people have reported that TRIM works under IDE mode, but I have come across people who say it doesn't work. To know for sure, you'd have to install Windows 10 on the drive and check if TRIM works by using the fsutil command.

Even if the TRIM command does not work, most modern SSDs have their own garbage collection algorithms that run TRIM on the drive even if the OS doesn't support the command and the controller is set to RAID or IDE.

aakkam22, Dec 25, 2015
  4. doorules Win User

Raid SSD and Trim

Depends upon your setup and how current it is. If you have a mobo from 7 series up and using any IRST driver newer than 11.0 series than you have trim in R0.

doorules, Dec 25, 2015
Thema:

Raid SSD and Trim

1. Raid SSD and Trim - Similar Threads - Raid SSD Trim

2. SSD No trim Supported

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SSD No trim Supported: In above Image SSD drive Shows Trim Not supported. but my SSD drive supports Trim.can i perceive that My ssd Drive is not trimmed by Operating system or Storage controller....
  3. SSD No trim Supported

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SSD No trim Supported: In above Image SSD drive Shows Trim Not supported. but my SSD drive supports Trim.can i perceive that My ssd Drive is not trimmed by Operating system or Storage controller....
  4. About trimming SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    About trimming SSD: Hello everyone. I would like to ask how often I should trim my SSD by using the disk defragmentation utility of Windows 11. Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/about-trimming-ssd/ab835a3b-fb60-4fd7-b902-0cd36486b1a2
  5. ssd trim problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ssd trim problem: Hello I have 2 ssd drives micron and lexar and after windows 10 1709 version to latest version of windows 10 and windows 11 I'm having trim not enabled issue, hdd sentinel software says that trim is supported but disabled and I have tried many ways and software's but I just...
  6. ssd trim problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ssd trim problem: Hello I have 2 ssd drives micron and lexar and after windows 10 1709 version to latest version of windows 10 and windows 11 I'm having trim not enabled issue, hdd sentinel software says that trim is supported but disabled and I have tried many ways and software's but I just...
  7. ssd trim problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. ssd trim

ssd trim: NTFS DisableDeleteNotify = 0 (Disabled) I have read articles and none show this so does this mean my trim is enabled or disabled? I think the 0 means it is enabled but it says disabled at the end. 134705
  9. Trim a New SSD?

Trim a New SSD?: Several months ago I replaced my system disk with an SSD. NowI just installed a Sandisk 240g to replace an old HDD data disk on build 1703. I initialized and formatted it using Minitools Partition Magic as a GPT disk and copied my the data from the HDD to the new SSD. The...
  10. SSD Trim Question

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    SSD Trim Question: Hi There Wondering if SSD Trim does it autoly with Windows Maintenance task? or if I should run that manually weekly, I set in the SSD dashboard, Enable Trim, Weekly for the schedule, but not sure if it ran, states under it last run none. Very very new to SSD drives, first...