Windows 10: Raided hard drive unallocated

Discus and support Raided hard drive unallocated in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello ten forums does anyboby here can me how to fix my raided 2 hard drive without losing any data.. i encounter this. when i open my mycomputer i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by jasondee1992, Feb 22, 2017.

1. Raided hard drive unallocated

Hello ten forums does anyboby here can me how to fix my raided 2 hard drive without losing any data..

i encounter this. when i open my mycomputer i cannot read my hard drive and my raided drive in device manager was this. look at the picture

5%x

Anybody here can help me how can i fix this without losing any data.. Please help me. the files inside of my drive are very important. Thanks in advance and godbless.

:)

jasondee1992, Feb 22, 2017

2. windows 10 professional not finding one of two internal hard drives

Did you try setting the UEFI firmware or BIOS setup to another SATA setting than RAID? RAID can be problematic so I would avoid it.

Then set Windows drive as first to boot if a Legacy BIOS, or Windows Boot Manager (which is invoked when Windows is installed UEFI to GPT disk) if you have the newer UEFI firmware.

If installing on a UEFI system and hard drive has been previously booted as a Legacy MBR drive, then boot the installation media as a UEFI device, during install delete all partitions to Unallocated Space to clear formatting and invoke Windows Boot Manager
    as first boot device.

I hope this helps.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Feb 22, 2017
  3. Partitions that I cannot access

I just purchased a new computer with windows 10 64bit installed. I removed a 3TB hard disk from my previous computer (running windows XP) and installed it as the second drive in my new system. When I removed the drive from my old computer it had three partitions
    on it, each of just under 1 tb (third partition is a bit smaller). On the old system I had a Raid card installed to handle the large hard drive. In the new system, running windows 10, only the first partition is accessible. Disk Manager reports as follows:

Disk 1 basic, 2794.52gb online

- (fRaided hard drive unallocated :) 1000.00 gb NTFS Healthy (primary Partition)

- 1048.00 gb unallocated

- 746.52 gb unallocated

My question is...there is data stored on the other two partitions that I would like to access, so I don't want to just reformat the drive. How can I access the two partitions that are "unallocated"?

Thank you,

Aaron

aaronsydor, Feb 22, 2017
  4. jimbo45 Win User

Raided hard drive unallocated

Hi there

What RAID -- 0 /1/10/5 etc

no picture either

Are the HDD's on an external box ---if so connected to machine via USB or e-sata.

You need to provide more info to get help --you just don't call up a garage and say "My car is broken".

Note also for future reference -- ALWAYS TAKE BACKUPS - this is mentioned Ad Nauseam on these forums and still people don't do it.

Imagine if your Bank didn't have backups and you wanted to get money out -- I leave the rest to your imagination. !!!!!

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Feb 22, 2017
  5. spunk Win User
    Also, what type of RAID controller are you using? Is it a Hardware RAID or Software?
    If a Hardware RAID controller, you will get a message at bootup to enter the RAID control panel, by pressing a key combo like CTRL+S. In this control panel, you can view the RAID array, it will tell you if one of the volumes has failed. Then depending on what type of RAID you have, (ie) RAID 1 or 5 you can replace the failed volume with a new drive and in this control panel choose to Rebuild the Array and you will not loose any data. You should still have backups though. RAID 10 would require at least 3 drives of which you don't have. If you have RAID 0 Striped set, there is no redundancy and all data will be lost if one drive fails.

spunk, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Raided hard drive unallocated

1. Raided hard drive unallocated - Similar Threads - Raided hard drive

2. RAID 5 Across Hard Drives

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    RAID 5 Across Hard Drives: Hello,I am building a NAS and I have 1x 8TB HHD and 3x 3TB HHD. Can I set all 4 drives up in RAID 5 even though one drive is 8TB and not 3TB? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/raid-5-across-hard-drives/3639c094-b898-4d9e-9af3-bd322e4aa7cf
  3. Unallocated Space on Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unallocated Space on Hard Drive: I had a disk failure caused by a failed UPS. Before I realised I had tried to repair Windows. The disk is 1Tb, I also had a 1Tb disk used for file storage but I think this is on the verge of failings although it can still be read.I purchased a 2Tb HDD and was able to clone...
  4. Hard drive keeps becoming unallocated

Hard drive keeps becoming unallocated: So I have recently installed a new 2 TB WD internal HDD in my pc. I had an issue with the previous HDDso I thought, so I bought a new one. I have formatted the drive, made sure all of the drivers are up to date, and did the new simple volume to turn it into allocated space....
  5. unallocated hard drive with error: 0x80045d

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    unallocated hard drive with error: 0x80045d: I cannot install windows 10 on my laptop because the partition is unallocated and it is giving me an error saying "we couldn't create a new partition.[error: 0x80045d]." I have tried cleaning and creating a primary partition using cmd but it is stating that the request...
  6. unallocated hard drive with error: 0x80045d

unallocated hard drive with error: 0x80045d: I cannot install windows 10 on my laptop because the partition is unallocated and it is giving me an error saying "we couldn't create a new partition.[error: 0x80045d]." I have tried cleaning and creating a primary partition using cmd but it is stating that the request...
  7. Hard drive became Not Initialized Unallocated

Hard drive became Not Initialized Unallocated: My hard drive of size 1tb was working, but suddenly it was not showing. I opened control panel there it showed the drive. In disk management it was showing my disc was Not Initialized, unallocated, and its size was reduced to 931mb. It should an Initialize Disc tab but when I...
  8. Unallocated space on hard drive

Unallocated space on hard drive: Hello: I just did a fresh install of Windows 10 Version 1903 got everything up and running good then looked @ my Hdd its only showing 2.47tb on a 3tb Hdd. ? Went into Disk Manager and this is what I have [img] 746gb unallocated that I can not do anything with other then go...
  9. "Unallocated" hard drive

"Unallocated" hard drive: Hi I've got a hard drive that just completely stopped working. Removed it, and connected it to my laptop. It kept on asking if i wanted to format the drive., after tying everything i could, i gave up and formatted the hard drive. Everything went okay, and without any...
  10. Hard drive unallocated

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hard drive unallocated: When i finished building my pc i installed windows 10 on my ssd and also i had installed a 2T hard drive. The computer in disk managment reads the hard drive as drive 0 and all of it is unallocated space. I have tried to assign it a letter in disk mangement but it wont let me...