Windows 10: Rainbow/ flowy lines with a black background, "sleep screen".

Discus and support Rainbow/ flowy lines with a black background, "sleep screen". in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; After I leave my laptop for 30 seconds and do not touch it, a screen of rainbow/flowy lines appears with a black background; causing me to have to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Olly Hall1, Mar 4, 2024.

1. Rainbow/ flowy lines with a black background, "sleep screen".

After I leave my laptop for 30 seconds and do not touch it, a screen of rainbow/flowy lines appears with a black background; causing me to have to 'wake up' my screen by moving my mouse. It's something in place years ago and was able to remove it on Windows 10 but since moving to Windows 11 I cannot find the location to remove the setting.

:)

Olly Hall1, Mar 4, 2024

2. Rainbow lines after opening laptop from sleep

After opening my laptop screen when it had been sleeping, I get a bunch of rainbow colored lines on my screen and the only way to get rid of it is holding down the power button and forcing my computer to shut down. I did some research on the problem and
    it seems like to main way to fix it is to simply roll back the driver. However, when I go to Device Manager and click Intel Graphics under Display Adapters, the roll back button is grey and I can't click it and roll it back. So that leaves me stuck with
    this rainbow screen every time I open my laptop from sleep, and I don't have a fix for it. Can someone help me fix this?

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Performance & system failures

MichaelA597, Mar 4, 2024
  3. FreeBooter, Mar 4, 2024
  4. Rainbow/ flowy lines with a black background, "sleep screen".

Black Lock screen BACKGROUND

Hi Bill,

Let us know the make and model of your computer.

Let us try few of the troubleshooting steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: Try to set the lock screen background to picture and check if the issue persists.

Step 2: I suggest you to install all the pending updates on your device and check if it helps.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Step 3: Update the Display Adapter drivers.

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right click on the Display Adapter and click on
      Update Driver Software
    • Restart the computer.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of accessing the lock screen background for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Mar 4, 2024
Thema:

Rainbow/ flowy lines with a black background, "sleep screen".

1. Rainbow/ flowy lines with a black background, "sleep screen". - Similar Threads - Rainbow flowy lines

2. Screen with rainbow lines or goes dark when unplugged on Minecraft

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen with rainbow lines or goes dark when unplugged on Minecraft: I have a Microsoft Pro 9. When I am on Minecraft, and unplug my laptop, the screen starts going crazy. The issue is resolved when I plug the laptop back in. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling Minecraft, as well as restarting my computer. Here is a video displaying the...
  3. Screen with rainbow lines or goes dark when unplugged on Minecraft

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen with rainbow lines or goes dark when unplugged on Minecraft: I have a Microsoft Pro 9. When I am on Minecraft, and unplug my laptop, the screen starts going crazy. The issue is resolved when I plug the laptop back in. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling Minecraft, as well as restarting my computer. Here is a video displaying the...
  4. Rainbow/ flowy lines with a black background, "sleep screen".

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Rainbow/ flowy lines with a black background, "sleep screen".: After I leave my laptop for 30 seconds and do not touch it, a screen of rainbow/flowy lines appears with a black background; causing me to have to 'wake up' my screen by moving my mouse. It's something in place years ago and was able to remove it on Windows 10 but since...
  5. Grey screen with black lines

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Grey screen with black lines: Recently, after I was done playing a game some odd black and grey lines had started to appear on my screen. I turned the pc off and back on again, and the problem still continued, in the very view times I had been able to boot back up, the only thing I was able to really do...
  6. Black screen with vertical lines

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen with vertical lines: Hi there,so i got a new laptop two days ago and it has got an i7 11th gen and rtx 3060 with 32 gigs ram. But when I use it it goes really well for an hour or so but sometimes the display freaks out and does these weird lines like in the pic. Is it broken or do I have to...
  7. Background black screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Background black screen: I made a folder with a bunch of pictures i use for a background slideshow and some pictures wont load. When i tried to set the picture for the background it automatically sets it to a black background. What do i do?...
  8. Weird black lines on screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Weird black lines on screen: Some how my screen has been cut down, now having black lines on the top of the screen. I can not hover my mouse over it as it won't let me. I have tried the resolution setting but has not seemed to work. How can I get my screen back to normal??...
  9. Black Lines on Screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Black Lines on Screen: Hello all, My computer started getting these weird black lines on the screen[ATTACH]. I asked a friend of mine, and he said the pixels had died. Is there anything I can do to fix this? I need to study with this constantly. Any help will be appreciated. [Original Title: My...
  10. Blue lines appearing on any black background

in Windows 10 Support
    Blue lines appearing on any black background: Hi, my friend recently bought a new gaming laptop asus strix. He has had it for no more than 10 hours and has got a problem. Ive tried fixing it but cant find a fix anywhere. He went to open up battlegrounds then his screen showed up blue horizontal lines across the screen....