Windows 10: Ram Being Capped?

Discus and support Ram Being Capped? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I put this off for some time now but its starting to concern me. I am running windows 10 and now my ram doesnt seem to be working right. Im running... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by EPICpanda231, Jul 31, 2015.

1. Ram Being Capped?

I put this off for some time now but its starting to concern me. I am running windows 10 and now my ram doesnt seem to be working right. Im running minecraft with 6gb and im only getting 70 fps on a flatland and when i live stream it freezes alot so i dont know if windows 10 is capping my ram then i have no idea whats up

My pc Spec:
    Operating System
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
    CPU
    AMD FX-6120 29 °C
    Zambezi 32nm Technology
    RAM
    10.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 669MHz (9-9-9-24)
    Motherboard
    Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. 970A-D3P (CPU 1) 30 °C
    Graphics
    S230HL (1920x1080@60Hz)
    S230HL (1920x1080@60Hz)
    S230HL (1920x1080@60Hz)
    2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 (EVGA) 31 °C
    Storage
    3726GB Western Digital WDC WD40EZRX-00SPEB0 (SATA) 30 °C
    931GB Seagate ST31000524AS (SATA) 29 °C
    Optical Drives
    hp DVD-RAM GH80N ATA Device
    Audio
    Plantronics GameCom

Ram Being Capped? [​IMG]

:)

EPICpanda231, Jul 31, 2015
  2. AJ_745 Win User

Ram being Exhausting !!!

I don't know what is happening but from last four days I have noticed that my laptop's 33% or more ram is being used by system in taskbar it is slowing my system by using unnecessary ram.

&

It always says a message in start up that unable to start dolby driver please restart your system or reinstall the driver if problem persists

I have done both using the latest drivers of windows 10 too.

using Lenovo G510

i5 4th generation Cpu 2.5 ghz turbo boost up to 3.2Ghz

what the hell is being with Microsoft, I never thought about it that this will happen with Microsoft products.

if you say about corruption of windows file then what a good product you have made who got corrupted every fourth day.

AJ_745, Jul 31, 2015
  3. Ram being Exhausting !!!

In order to diagnose your problem we need to run Windows performance toolkit the instructions for which can be found in
    this wiki

If you have any questions feel free to ask

Please run the trace when you are experiencing the problem

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Jul 31, 2015
  4. Ram Being Capped?

Do you have vsync on in the minecraft options?
    Are your GPU drivers up to date?

ComedyCarnage, Jul 31, 2015
  5. LMiller7 Win User
    There are in general 2 reasons why Windows memory manager will limit the memory given to a process.
    1. The memory is needed by other processes.
    2. Giving it more would not significantly improve it's performance. Generally giving a process more memory will improve it's performance, but only to a point. There will always come a time where giving it more will do very little for it's performance. There may be some other factor limiting the process performance and giving it more memory will not overcome this. There is no provision for overriding the memory managers behavior.

There is no reason to believe that the problems you are having are memory related. I am not a gamer and will not speculate on what that may be.

LMiller7, Jul 31, 2015
  6. Vsync is off and I tried gta v after and I got 5 fps when I windows 8 I got 50 to 60 fps

7. ComedyCarnage, Jul 31, 2015
  8. Ram Being Capped?

Yes everything is up to date that I know of

9. vgchat Win User
    And does windows update have anything it's trying to finish up at the moment? Anything showing up when you check for updates?

vgchat, Jul 31, 2015
  10. No not at all it has been going on ever since I upgraded to windows 10

11. Spade Win User
    I am having the same isssue my 1600mhz ram is capped at 800mhz Bios shows it set to 1600mhz . 16gb of ram installed only using 2.1 gb of the 16gb . No idea whats going on . All drivers cpu/gpu are updated Bios are updated everything is updated .

Spade, Jul 31, 2015
  12. Spade Win User
    THIS IS WHAT I FOUND SO FAR FOR AN EXPLANATION
    1) You set the timings in the BIOS, so no matter what a Windows program reads it, it is running at the BIOS speed.
    2) In CPU-Z, you have to times your RAM frequency by two to get the actual speed. It is taking into account the multiplier, so it only shows it as half.

Spade, Aug 1, 2015
  13. Spade Win User

Ram Being Capped?

That's the way RAM speed is measured in dual channel mode: 2x800MHz=1600MHz.

Spade, Aug 1, 2015
  14. Maggelan Win User
    DDR = Double Data Rate...

Anyway, it looks like you're gpu drivers aren't updated, You stated you were getting 5fps in GTA 5 as well, that's not a hardware issue that's a driver not being their issue.

Maggelan, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Ram Being Capped?

1. Ram Being Capped? - Similar Threads - Ram Being Capped

2. My RAM is capped by 50%. From 16gb to 8gb

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My RAM is capped by 50%. From 16gb to 8gb: Dear Microsoft,Recently I have realized some apps on my laptop works slow, so I checked from the task manager to see the problem. In the Performance menu it showed only 8GB of ram, while my laptop has 16gb of ram.I have also tried this technique1. Run see below:...
  3. My RAM is capped by 50%. From 16gb to 8gb

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My RAM is capped by 50%. From 16gb to 8gb: Dear Microsoft,Recently I have realized some apps on my laptop works slow, so I checked from the task manager to see the problem. In the Performance menu it showed only 8GB of ram, while my laptop has 16gb of ram.I have also tried this technique1. Run see below:...
  4. Ram not being recognised

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Ram not being recognised: HiI am having problem with my pc. I have changed my computer from 32bit to 64bit. I am having 4gb ram and the os is win10. But it is still showing 3.49gb. I cleaned the ram and tried different suggestions but it still not recognized. Please help me!Thanks,Abhi...
  5. RAM usage 50% cap

RAM usage 50% cap: I recently upgraded my pc and everything was fine until I realized that my RAM usage was capped at 50%. Well, kind of. It goes over 50% sometimes and then will instantly break every tab. I've contacted GIGABYTE, my motherboard, and checked many forums with no result. I'm...
  6. CAPS LOCK IS ON WITHOUT BEING ON!!!???

CAPS LOCK IS ON WITHOUT BEING ON!!!???: Ok so my caps lock is on without caps even being enabled and when i go to enable it it ends up just going to lower case so its being backwards and very confusing< i saw someone else had the same problem and i tried the revcovery thing and it didnt work...
  7. RAM cap?

RAM cap?: This is CM404, I have an HP Pavilion x360 - 11m-ad113dx. It has one slot for RAM. It currently has 4GB of RAM and i need to upgrade preferably to 16GB RAM but my users guide says that it can only go up to 8GB RAM. When I run the Command Prompt command:wmic memphysical get...
  8. RAM not being detected by PC

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    RAM not being detected by PC: [img] Hi Update one of the locking clips is missing ( can these be replaced ? ) so hopefully the stick will still stay in ok i bought two identical PCs in 2013, I paid for 2x4GB ram for each and thought nothing more of it, as each PC reported 8 GB RAM, which was what I...
  9. RAM being used on nothing?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    RAM being used on nothing?: [ATTACH] Basically, I checked task manager and it says 50% of my RAM is being used, I calculated all the apps running and in total it should only be taking like 4GB. I got 16gb of RAM, also like 7GB of the RAM is being cached and it does not decrease even when my RAM is at...
  10. Ram Not being used.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Ram Not being used.: Hello i have a windows 10 desktop HP 110-014 Desktop PC (ENERGY STAR) Model #: H5P35AA Model Name: 110-014 HD Bus Type: Serial ATA-300 Standard Memory: 4096 MB Max Memory: 32768 MB Number of Sockets: 2 Memory Comments: PC3-12800 1066Mhz DDR3 SDRAM DIMM 240-pin I...