Windows 10: RAM ISSUE. Only 2GB usable of 6.

Discus and support RAM ISSUE. Only 2GB usable of 6. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I've been having a problem with my laptop where it reads the 6gb of RAM installed but says that only 1.92 are usable. Can anybody help me solve this? I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by cromat18, May 23, 2017.

1. cromat18 Win User

RAM ISSUE. Only 2GB usable of 6.

I've been having a problem with my laptop where it reads the 6gb of RAM installed but says that only 1.92 are usable. Can anybody help me solve this? I have Windows 10 64 bit. Please help, even the simplest tasks are slow with it

:)

cromat18, May 23, 2017

2. I have 4gb ram installed but 2gb is only usable already done the ms config fix it doesn't work and returns to default and already checked if my motherboard is compatible

<Original title: 4gb ram 2gb usable how to fix>

I have 4gb ram installed but 2gb is only usable already done the ms config fix it doesn't work and returns to default and already checked if my motherboard is compatible witth my ram and it is please help already frustrated done the ms config fix many times
    already and i know that 32 bit OS only dislays 3-3.5gb usable memory but 2gb is too low.. will appreciate your help

GrantRosell, May 23, 2017
  3. Gigabits Win User
    Windows 10 with RAM

I have 6 gigabytes of ram and windows 8.1 uses 2gb, leaving me with 4 gb. If I upgrade to windows 10 will it take 2 more gigabytes of ram leaving me with only 2gb of ram total? If I upgrade will I be
    left with 4gb or 2gb of RAM?

Gigabits, May 23, 2017
  4. Tony K Win User

Hi there, cromat18. Welcome to TenForums.

Which laptop do you have? Which OS did you upgrade from? Was it 32 or 64 bit?

Tony K, May 23, 2017
  5. cromat18 Win User
    I've got an HP laptop with an AMD A10 processor, 6GB of RAM, 1TB HDD. I upgraded from Windows 8, and belive it was x64 because it later upgraded to Windows 10 x64.

cromat18, May 23, 2017
  6. Tony K Win User
    Thanks fot that info. Which model do you have is what I meant?

Tony K, May 23, 2017
  7. cromat18 Win User
    I believe it is an HP m6-p113dx

cromat18, May 23, 2017
  8. Tony K Win User

Do you know much about the BIOS and settings in it? If so, make sure it's set to default.

Tony K, May 23, 2017
  9. Tony K Win User
    You may want to check the HP site to see what they recommend.

Check BIOS Setup on your machine to ensure that a feature called 'Enable Memory Remapping' or similar is set to 'Enabled'. On some motherboards a BIOS update might be needed to ensure full compatibility. Basically, your motherboard chipset needs to be able to support addressing of 6Gb RAM, and support the Memory remapping feature. Otherwise it won't fully utilize 6Gb RAM under 64-bit Windows.

I need to go to bed. Perhaps someone else may help you. Good luck to you and again, welcome.

Tony K, May 23, 2017
  10. cromat18 Win User
    Hey, I tried turning the BIOS settings to default but that didn't work. I couldn't find the option for Memory Remapping. Any other solitions?

cromat18, May 23, 2017
  11. Bat 1 Win User
    When You open Task Manager, How much does it show as In Use and Available ?

RAM ISSUE. Only 2GB usable of 6. [​IMG]

Bat 1, May 23, 2017
  12. cromat18 Win User
    It says 1.90 used of 1.92 available

cromat18, May 23, 2017
  13. Bat 1 Win User

And at the top it does show that it's reading the Full 6GB ? Sounds like it's only seeing the 2GB module and not seeing the 4GB one.

Bat 1, May 23, 2017
  14. cromat18 Win User
    It reads the 6GB in the BIOS and Windows settings, but it says that only 1.92 are available

cromat18, May 23, 2017
  15. Tony K Win User
    Did you search the HP site for a cause? On that site for a BIOS update?

Not sure, but I think the onboard graphics is stealing the RAM. Trying a 32 bit W10 is the only other thing I can think of. Checking other options first, though.

Tony K, May 23, 2017
Thema:

1. RAM ISSUE. Only 2GB usable of 6. - Similar Threads - RAM ISSUE 2GB

2. 12gb ram but only 2.96gb is usable

in Windows 10 Customization
    12gb ram but only 2.96gb is usable: Hello so I bought a 8gb ram for my PC windows 10 but the problem it says 2.96 gb usable of my 12gb ram I tried reinstalling windows 10 64bit but it doesn't work also when I try to open the memtest which is on the USB bootable it says cannot run on windows 32bit mode even...
  3. 16GB of RAM but only 5GB is usable?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    16GB of RAM but only 5GB is usable?: I have upgraded my ram in my windows 11 HP laptop from 8GB to 16GB. Recently I noticed that things are getting slower. When I checked in task manager, this is what it shows. It detects 16GB of RAM, but in the left hand side in the RAM tab you can see it shows 4.x GB/5.00GB....
  4. 16GB of RAM but only 5GB is usable?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    16GB of RAM but only 5GB is usable?: I have upgraded my ram in my windows 11 HP laptop from 8GB to 16GB. Recently I noticed that things are getting slower. When I checked in task manager, this is what it shows. It detects 16GB of RAM, but in the left hand side in the RAM tab you can see it shows 4.x GB/5.00GB....
  5. Only 2gb of 6gb ram is usable.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Only 2gb of 6gb ram is usable.: I have 6gb ddr3 ram 4+2 installed on my pc. I think I remember the properties showing about5.6gb usable ram. Suddenly today I booted my pc and found out mygames were struggling to load properly. Then I found out system properties page was showing4gb of 6gb ram usable. Then I...
  6. Only Half Of My Ram is Usable.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Only Half Of My Ram is Usable.: So for Context, I have 32Gbs of ram installed on my PC and it only shows 16 Gbs as useable. It used to only have 16Gbs installed and only 8Gbs usable until I ordered more ram. I've tried and looked for the fix online but everyone just says make sure maximum memory is turned...
  7. 8gb of ram only 3.9 usable

8gb of ram only 3.9 usable: So I have a 8gb of ram but windows was only using 3.9 it says that the rest is dedicated to system resources or something like that. I've been trying to fix it but have not been successful. So now I'm asking for help here. specs: CPU: ryzen 5 2600 GPU: gtx 1660 RAM: Viper...
  8. 8gb ram installed 2gb ram usable

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    8gb ram installed 2gb ram usable: i just used the recovery option in my pc and it seems that windows doesn't use all my ram i tried going to ms config and then boot setting but didn't work any other fix??...
  9. 16GB RAM, only 8GB usable

16GB RAM, only 8GB usable: [ATTACH] I'm new to these PC things so I'm sorry for the dumb question. I just got a gaming PC as a gift for christmas, and I checked everything (updates, etc.) and it seems everything was fine, until I checked the RAM, it says 16GB installed but only 7.95 GB usable, it...
  10. Only 5GB of 6GB of RAM usable?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Only 5GB of 6GB of RAM usable?: Hello. I have a Lenovo G50-45 Windows 10 Professional 64-bit with a 64-bit AMD A8-6410 APU processor laptop.<br>I somewhy only have 5GB of ram usable when I have 6gb DDR3. I have unchecked maximum memory in msconfig, and have set the number of processors to 4, but still...