Windows 10: RAM questions

Discus and support RAM questions in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Thank you once again! I will let it be as it is. I don't feel like tinkering in the BIOS any more. Everything is running smooth and fast (for me) right... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Geosammy, Apr 5, 2018.

1. Geosammy Win User

RAM questions

I agree.
    You already have the FSB overclocked, I would not engage with overclocking the memory as well.
    If you do OC the memory, you could experience the dreaded BSOD, or other strange occurrences with your system.
    If you had a newer motherboard, perhaps... But I would not mess with it any further.
    If it running nicely, don't screw with it.

Geosammy, Apr 5, 2018

2. I have 16GB of DDR3 with latency of 7-8-9-9

I have 8GB at 8-9-10-11

Will the slower 8GB added in with the 16GB be noticeably slower in day to day tasks? I really don't need the extra 8 and was wondering since I believe the slower RAM will make the other RAM run at the same slower speed.

I was going to make my RAM drive larger if adding the 8GB won't be something I would notice being slower.

I figured some of you with the blazing fast newer systems would be able to answer this easily. *Tongue

:)

Access Denied, Apr 10, 2018
  3. babdi Win User
    N93 RAM Questions

Roberth

Basic applications which keep the phoe going takes space. Like menus, Gallery etc.

babdi, Apr 10, 2018
  4. RAM questions

N93 RAM Questions

Ive installed Handy Taskman and ive seen that on numerous occasions with no apps running my RAM is still very low. It states that (on a good day lol) 21mb remains out of the 52mb(21/52) most days it 17.5/52 with no running apps or themes.....

Im curious to know what other apps may still be running that this figure doesnt go to maybe 40/52

roberth---01, Apr 10, 2018
  5. Geosammy Win User
    The timing is different, so it's going to be hit and miss if the added 8 gb RAM modules will work or not.
    They should work, however they will run at the slower speed.
    I installed 2x8 DDR4 Corsair Vengeance, along with 2x4 DDR4 HyperX Fury.
    Both have different timings and the Corsair modules were at 3000 MHz.
    I installed the 2x4 HyperX Fury and now the all the RAM runs at 2133 MHz, and with different timings.
    I haven't noticed any measurable difference in my systems speed/performance.

Geosammy, Apr 10, 2018
  6. That is what I kind of figured. The main bottleneck is the hard drive and I have an SSD. I just wondered if things like loading into games, opening larger programs etc, I would notice a hit. I guess I could just stick it in so to say and see how it goes. I just hate going inside a case when nothing is wrong lol.

7. Geosammy Win User
    All the RAM will run at the slowest, which is whatever RAM is slower.
    Also, it depends on the motherboard. Some motherboards don't play nice with mixed matched RAM modules.
    Stick it in, if it works... you really won't notice any difference. Unless your doing bench-marking.

Geosammy, Apr 10, 2018
  8. RAM questions

They are so old I have no idea the speeds of them. I do know the 8GB is much "cheaper" than the 16GB. I could have bought like 32GB or more of the 8GB at the time for what I paid for the 16GB. I got the latency from CPU-Z.

9. Geosammy Win User
    Install the modules and than run CrystalDiskInfo.
    I meant to say run CPU-Z, not CrystalDiskInfo.

You can type: wmic memorychip get speed

Into command prompt as admin to get the memory speed.

Geosammy, Apr 10, 2018
  10. Seemed to take a little longer once I logged in to get to my desktop than before. It wasn't bad and could have been the CU from earlier today. I have not rebooted since. I have CPU-Z open.

EDIT: I should have taken screen shots w/o the 8GB in on both RAM pages. grrrrr. didn't think about it.

11. Geosammy Win User
    Do you still have Dual Channel?

Geosammy, Apr 10, 2018
  12. Yes still dual channel. wmic command returns 1066 on all 4 lines.

13. RAM questions

Is the 1066 I see in the command window the actual speed or the speed they are running at?

14. Oh boy, in CPU-Z if I go slot by slot, the 16GB (2x8) sticks show "Ranks" as Dual but the 2 slots for the 8GB say Single *Confused

15. Geosammy Win User
    The RAM modules will run at the slowest speed.
    One set may be faster, but it will only run at the slowest speed, whatever that is.

Geosammy, Apr 10, 2018
Thema:

RAM questions

1. RAM questions - Similar Threads - RAM questions

2. I have a question. I wanna know what ram fits with my computer but i cant find my...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a question. I wanna know what ram fits with my computer but i cant find my...: So i wanna install ram to my pc, but i dont know what ram is the right one. Anyone pls help!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-a-question-i-wanna-know-what-ram-fits-with/a33df056-b359-404c-b618-108b962580b8
  3. I have a question. I wanna know what ram fits with my computer but i cant find my...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have a question. I wanna know what ram fits with my computer but i cant find my...: So i wanna install ram to my pc, but i dont know what ram is the right one. Anyone pls help!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-a-question-i-wanna-know-what-ram-fits-with/a33df056-b359-404c-b618-108b962580b8
  4. I have a question. I wanna know what ram fits with my computer but i cant find my...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Ma Question is about RAM Supported by da pc

Ma Question is about RAM Supported by da pc: My Motherboard has 4 RAM slots, I Used all of them 2GB in every slot and the system settings tells me That 6.95GB Is only usable.But when I wrote the command in cmd it told me that da pc supports 32GB of RAM.Ma question is if I bought a 4GB RAM and Replaced one of my 2GB RAMs...
  6. Ma Question is about RAM Supported by da pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ma Question is about RAM Supported by da pc: My Motherboard has 4 RAM slots, I Used all of them 2GB in every slot and the system settings tells me That 6.95GB Is only usable.But when I wrote the command in cmd it told me that da pc supports 32GB of RAM.Ma question is if I bought a 4GB RAM and Replaced one of my 2GB RAMs...
  7. Ram Disk Question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ram Disk Question: I want to start a Ram Disk. I currently have 128GB of ram and my computer only supports 64GB. Am I able to use the other 64GB that my computer can't support for the Ram Disk? Very curious....
  8. Ram Disk Question

Ram Disk Question: I want to start a Ram Disk. I currently have 128GB of ram and my computer only supports 64GB. Am I able to use the other 64GB that my computer can't support for the Ram Disk? Very curious....
  9. Question: Would it be wise to upgrade from 4 GB DDR4 RAM to 8 GB DDR4 if not DDR5 RAM with...

Question: Would it be wise to upgrade from 4 GB DDR4 RAM to 8 GB DDR4 if not DDR5 RAM with...: In 30 months, I'm sure I can find more Windows PCs with 8 GB of DDR4 if not DDR5 RAM not over $369.99 plus a 6% sales tax, but with free shipping on sites and apps like Amazon. Yes, I have a 128 GB SSD. 30 has become my truly favorite number recently for many reasons which...
  10. Question: Would it be wise to upgrade from 4 GB DDR4 RAM to 8 GB DDR4 if not DDR5 RAM with...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Question: Would it be wise to upgrade from 4 GB DDR4 RAM to 8 GB DDR4 if not DDR5 RAM with...: In 30 months, I'm sure I can find more Windows PCs with 8 GB of DDR4 if not DDR5 RAM not over $369.99 plus a 6% sales tax, but with free shipping on sites and apps like Amazon. Yes, I have a 128 GB SSD. 30 has become my truly favorite number recently for many reasons which...