Windows 10: RAM upgrade not detected

Discus and support RAM upgrade not detected in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a mac book pro that I boot to Windows 10 - I upgrade the memory to 8mb, but it is not being recognized. When I boot to the mac side it is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JAMESDERIENZO, Aug 22, 2018.

1. RAM upgrade not detected

I have a mac book pro that I boot to Windows 10 - I upgrade the memory to 8mb, but it is not being recognized. When I boot to the mac side it is recognized. So I know it if not a hardware issue - I've already tried to go through the msconfig and checked the advanced and clicked the box for maximum memory,

Anyone out there that has a solution?

Thank you

James

:)

JAMESDERIENZO, Aug 22, 2018
  2. prashii Win User

Windows shows 8GB RAM installed but 4GB RAM is usable

Hi There,

I've just upgraded my pc from 4GB RAM to 8GB RAM. Windows seems to have detected this upgrade but why does it show as only 4GB RAM available. The following is what I have tried so far with no luck:

• I have tried the msconfig method on ensuring maximum memory is not checked.
    • physically removed the new RAM and reinstalled it
    Any thoughts/suggestions on how i can resolve this matter?

Thanks

prashii, Aug 22, 2018
  3. Video card or RAM need upgrading?

Memtest: no errors after 10 hrs.
    I'm going to perform the Primetest, later on. Get back to you on that.
    I'm going to take it step by step, guys. I need to find the problem with this current computer. I might have to upgrade some components, so that it is still runnable. As for the new one, yes....i will build on it later. I need to find something decent 'gaming experience', all suggestions appreciated. THanks.

itsmeitsme, Aug 22, 2018
  4. Johan45 Win User

RAM upgrade not detected

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Aug 22, 2018
Thema:

RAM upgrade not detected

1. RAM upgrade not detected - Similar Threads - RAM upgrade detected

2. RAM not detected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RAM not detected: Recently I bought a new 4GB DDR4 RAM stick for my pc with the hope of doubling it, previously I had one 4GB stick. I bought the same brand same model RAM Crucial Basics 4GB DDR4 RAM, model number: CB4GU2666. When I installed it into the other memory slot of the motherboard...
  3. RAM not detected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    RAM not detected: Recently I bought a new 4GB DDR4 RAM stick for my pc with the hope of doubling it, previously I had one 4GB stick. I bought the same brand same model RAM Crucial Basics 4GB DDR4 RAM, model number: CB4GU2666. When I installed it into the other memory slot of the motherboard...
  4. RAM Upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    RAM Upgrade: HelloI have a Dell Inspiron 3277 AIO series desktop. I would like to increase the RAM from 4 gb to 8 Gb. I do not know much about computers. So please tell me in lamest terms how to do this. I searched on this website and it recommended the Crucial 8GB DDR4-2400 SODIMMCrucial...
  5. Defect in RAM detection

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Defect in RAM detection: Hello All, I have an assembled Windows CPU that I am using since one year. It has a ram of 128GB. I usually use it to play games. Last night I realised that one of the game that I played was running slow and so I checked the system info. There ir showed that installed ram...
  6. Ram not detected

Ram not detected: I recently added more Ram sticks to my PC. When I check task manager it says "1 or 4" yet I have 3 slots in use and I know that they all work. Anyone have any idea why this issue is accruing and what the solution is for it?...
  7. Ram not detected by windows.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Ram not detected by windows.: Recently i upgraded my pc ram form 8gb to 16gb but the windows didn't detect the ram, also i checked with the bios its not detected over there also. But when i use a third party software it says that the ram has been installed Can any one please help me resolving the...
  8. Ram upgrade

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Ram upgrade: Hi, I owe a Asus tuff fx505GD laptop which has 8gb ram and i would like to add another 8gb in total but im not sure how to buy a new ram stick that is compatible to my laptop. Could someone help me out here !! submitted by /u/rex_divakar [link] [comments]...
  9. Windows Not Detecting RAM

Windows Not Detecting RAM: So, the main issue is: Windows doesn't allow me to use my second RAM stick. Both were bought in the same box, designed to be used together. Here are the specs for the RAM, motherboard and CPU: G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series 16GB 2 x 8GB 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3000 PC4 24000...
  10. RAM Upgrade

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    RAM Upgrade: I have an XPS 8930 I bought directly from Dell., Windows 10 Pro x64-based system with 64GB of RAM. i7-8700K@3.70GHz 3696Mhz. I would like to add addtional RAM According to Dell this computer is maxed out and will not support any additional RAM. Is this true? Can anyone...