Windows 10: ram usage seems limited

Discus and support ram usage seems limited in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; i'd just fresh install win10 pro 64bit and my only 3.21gb of ram usable out of 8gb.. im using windows 8 before and not having this problem. im using... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by kim32, Oct 7, 2015.

1. kim32 Win User

ram usage seems limited

i'd just fresh install win10 pro 64bit and my only 3.21gb of ram usable out of 8gb..
    im using windows 8 before and not having this problem.
    im using asus x550d
    Processor AMD A10-5750M APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics, 2500 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
    win Version 10.0.10240 Build 10240

ram usage seems limited [​IMG]

ram usage seems limited [​IMG]

anyone have solution?

:)

kim32, Oct 7, 2015
  2. DaveM121 Win User

RAM is getting full in idle (clears when i open disk management)

In the first image you provided, RAM usage is 3.8GB for 7.9GB of which Firefox alone is using 0.5GB

In the second image Disk = 4% RAM = 30%

Neither image shows 100% RAM usage or 100% disk usage,

In fact everything looks quite normal, yes your RAM usage is a bit high, but you seem to have a lof of software running in the background - try reducing this on the Startup Tab of Task Manager

DaveM121, Oct 7, 2015
  3. lv_guard Win User
    N95 and 4Gb SDHC cards

How with RAM usage on 4Gb card? It seems that Symbian uses a lot of RAM for FAT32, and if it will be the whole 4GB???

lv_guard, Oct 7, 2015
  4. Berton Win User

ram usage seems limited

I looked at Crucial.com - DRAM, solid state drive (SSD) memory upgrades for Dell, Mac, Apple, HP, Compaq, Lenovo, Acer, ASUS for that model Notebook and it shows only an X550DP. It's result is there is only 1 memory slot and will support a maximum of 12GB.
    Crucial does not show a 12GB module, largest at 8GB. [Memory Modules usually come in multiples of 2GB or 4GB, i.e. 2, 4, 8, 16, etc.] Some computers allow mixing, could have 8 + 4 for 12GB but with only 1 slot available that is not possible.

Berton, Oct 7, 2015
  5. kim32 Win User
    The retail ram was 4 gb
    Then I installed another 4 gb. The motherboard has 2 ram slot, that time im on Windows 8. It work fine(with +-7.5 GB usable)
    The issue came when I install win10
    I also having trouble to find my laptop model on the internet

kim32, Oct 7, 2015
  6. Berton Win User
    The model number is somewhere on the case, bottom or maybe in the battery compartment. Download SPECCY from Piriform - Download CCleaner - Millions of users worldwide! and run it to get a lot of information about the machine. It seems the model number you posted is not complete. Also possible that the newer module doesn't work properly with the original module, I always try to stay with the same brand or to get modules as matched pairs, usually gives the best results.

Berton, Oct 7, 2015
  7. kim32 Win User
    I can confirmed it is x550d..cant found alot about it online..maybe this model only for my region?
    But if the ram work fine before, then it shouldnt be hardware problem right?
    FYI I did use different brand of ram

kim32, Oct 7, 2015
  8. Berton Win User

ram usage seems limited

Could be, I have a Gateway Notebook bought online with Vista and not much can be found about it. Some stores, both physical and online, can have machines made to their specs.
    Sometimes it does but how it is handled is important. If a computer is not fully shut down, power cord and battery removed then wait half-a-minute for residual power to drain off the motherboard, removing and replacing parts can damage the motherboard or the part or both.

Berton, Oct 7, 2015
  9. kim32 Win User
    Do you think I should go back to Windows 8 to see if it hardware problem?

kim32, Oct 7, 2015
  10. Berton Win User
    Before getting that drastic I'd go to Download - Linux Mint and get Cinnamon, 64-bit, .iso file and use a CD/DVD burning program to create the bootable disc. Then I'd boot to it to see what the System information has to say. It's a good diagnostic when dealing with Windows issues. Could also get Memtest86+ and create the bootable disc, test all the memory, it will take awhile. Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool

Berton, Oct 8, 2015
  11. kim32 Win User
    I had just remove and reinstall both memory. That do the trick..so problem solved. Thanks

kim32, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

ram usage seems limited

1. ram usage seems limited - Similar Threads - ram usage seems

2. OneNote seems limited

in Cortana
    OneNote seems limited: I have to say, after years of using or trying to use OneNote, I still can't get it to work right. Is it just not up to speed compared to say EverNote or am I missing something?Navigation among "notebooks" is endlessly confusing and there doesn't seem to be a simple list of...
  3. OneNote seems limited

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneNote seems limited: I have to say, after years of using or trying to use OneNote, I still can't get it to work right. Is it just not up to speed compared to say EverNote or am I missing something?Navigation among "notebooks" is endlessly confusing and there doesn't seem to be a simple list of...
  4. OneNote seems limited

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. RAM usage

RAM usage: There is something I don't understand, why do different services and processes make a difference in RAM usage and affect the RAM usage of each other. Firstly, the windows widgets was taking up too much of RAM and it was of no use to me, so I disabled it from the registry....
  6. RAM usage limited to 3.5 Go when 7.88 is usable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RAM usage limited to 3.5 Go when 7.88 is usable: Hi,I have this issue: when I'm looking in my task manager and my system info I see that I have 8 Go of RAM and 7.88Go usable but when I'm looking in the processus tab and do the maths I find that the system only use 3.5Go. I have for exemple 860 Mo used in memory when I...
  7. RAM usage limited to 3.5 Go when 7.88 is usable

RAM usage limited to 3.5 Go when 7.88 is usable: Hi,I have this issue: when I'm looking in my task manager and my system info I see that I have 8 Go of RAM and 7.88Go usable but when I'm looking in the processus tab and do the maths I find that the system only use 3.5Go. I have for exemple 860 Mo used in memory when I...
  8. RAM usage limited to 3.5 Go when 7.88 is usable

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Limited RAM Usable

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Limited RAM Usable: Hi! This is my very first question on Microsoft Community. I am having a RAM issue on my laptop, and cannot find a solution. I have 3 gigabytes of RAM installed, but the System tab in Settings says: 3.00 GB installed 2.47 GB usable Does anyone know how to fix this? I've...
  10. Is there any way to limit Application ram usage?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there any way to limit Application ram usage?: title there is an app that I want to limit submitted by /u/Summercard23 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/j34zdq/is_there_any_way_to_limit_application_ram_usage/