Windows 10: RAM usage too high in idle ?

Discus and support RAM usage too high in idle ? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi all, have this problem for a while now. I have 16GB of ram and usage is extremely high while PC is in idle. 99% ram usage and 70-80% quite... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by JordanMihailov, Dec 19, 2016.

1. RAM usage too high in idle ?

Hi all, have this problem for a while now. I have 16GB of ram and usage is extremely high while PC is in idle. 99% ram usage and 70-80% quite often.When i start the computer it's fine and then it starts slowly to increase to as i said 70-80 and finally 99%. Computer doesn't lag or lacks of performance even when 99% of the ram is used ?! If you know how to fix that s..t pls*Smile aa and that happens in win 10 and win 7 also*Sad
    I checked task manager to see which process uses that much memory but nothing appeared to be out of order. Could it be some kind of virus ?

:)

JordanMihailov, Dec 19, 2016
  2. khhc Win User

High Memory Usage

Dear All,

I always have High Memory Usage on my laptop as it is idling.

Please advise on how do I troubleshoot the high memory usage in order to resolve it?

Please advise whether I should be getting more RAM instead?

3. Window 10 Memory Gobbler

tnx for replay RAM usage too high in idle ? :)

any solution for High Ram Usage in System Idle Time with Just system process? RAM usage too high in idle ? :)

i have no problem with windows 10 x64 10240 ENRT

same process and services Running and 4% CPU and in Max 20% RAM

but now windows 10 x64 10586 ENTR 4% CPU BUT BUT BUT BUT 86% RAM :| even in fresh and clean installed win

and unfortunately i have no Roll Back Option :|

Master-omid, Dec 19, 2016
  4. LMiller7 Win User

RAM usage too high in idle ?

Post a screenshot of Task Manager - Performance tab showing memory info.

LMiller7, Dec 19, 2016
  5. Ok, ill do this as soon as it goes at that point.

JordanMihailov, Dec 19, 2016
  6. So this is the thing today:

URLCrypt.to - Keeping your links safe

After 15 minutes 78%.
    After 25 minutes 95%
    30 minutes and 99% is ready *Smile
    Some guy told me that if it's not causing problems as it is the 99% should stay like that and take no action but it's just so irritating *Sad(

JordanMihailov, Dec 21, 2016
  7. LMiller7 Win User
    Please post screenshots on the forum.

LMiller7, Dec 21, 2016
  8. Borg 386 Win User

You can check for which high usage processes are currently running by d/l ing & running Sysinternals Process Explorer. This is a free program.

Process Explorer

To check for malicious processes actively running, launch Process Explorer. Click Options/VirusTotal.com/Check VirusTotal.com. Accept the agreement and a new column is shown on the R with the results.

RAM usage too high in idle ? [​IMG]

Hope this helps.

Borg 386, Dec 22, 2016
  9. RAM usage too high in idle ? [​IMG]

RAM usage too high in idle ? [​IMG]

This is what happened.

JordanMihailov, Dec 23, 2016
  10. RAM usage too high in idle ? [​IMG]

That is the rest of the screen.

11. brummyfan Win User
    Disable Samsung Rapid mode temporarily and see what happens.

brummyfan, Dec 23, 2016
  12. Interesting solution ! Will try that immediately.

13. ICIT2LOL Win User

Look I am not that into 10 right now as I have been in 7 for a long time but are you running the Samsung Magician software ?? as it can cause some quite obscure issues or at least I have had some using Windows 7.

ICIT2LOL, Dec 23, 2016
  14. Borg 386 Win User
    Another program you could use in this instance is RAMMap.

RAMMap

Borg 386, Dec 23, 2016
  15. LMiller7 Win User
    The most important screenshot is still missing, that of Task Manager - Performance tab showing memory info.

LMiller7, Dec 23, 2016
Thema:

1. RAM usage too high in idle ? - Similar Threads - RAM usage too

2. High Idle RAM Usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High Idle RAM Usage: windows is using high amounts of ram while not running any other programs https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/high-idle-ram-usage/31b4a1e2-4389-4f06-80ae-91411ee92efa
  3. High Idle RAM Usage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    High Idle RAM Usage: windows is using high amounts of ram while not running any other programs https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/high-idle-ram-usage/31b4a1e2-4389-4f06-80ae-91411ee92efa
  4. RAM usage is too high

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RAM usage is too high: Firefox seems to use the most memory, but Google Chrome also uses a lot. The laptop has 12 GB of SODIMM 3200 MHz RAM, It has Windows 11. Two tabs in Firefox can take RAM usage up to 70%.Another computer has 12 GB of SODIMM DDR3 1600 MHz RAM, and it has Windows 10, but RAM...
  5. RAM usage is too high

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    RAM usage is too high: Firefox seems to use the most memory, but Google Chrome also uses a lot. The laptop has 12 GB of SODIMM 3200 MHz RAM, It has Windows 11. Two tabs in Firefox can take RAM usage up to 70%.Another computer has 12 GB of SODIMM DDR3 1600 MHz RAM, and it has Windows 10, but RAM...
  6. Ram usage too high

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Ram usage too high: I have 8 GB of ram and my PC uses 40-50% on idle. Ram map says process private. I have tried lots of solutions that I've found on google however non of them worked for me. Any suggestions? submitted by /u/lililpotato [link] [comments]...
  7. High ram usage when idle

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    High ram usage when idle: Hello , I have been facing this problem for a while now .My ram usage is up to 4 gb even when no apps are running I have run scans on windows defender and Malware Bytes but nothing shows up , PC specs and winver GPU : Nvidia Geforce 940mx Processor IntelR CoreTM i5-7200U...
  8. Too high in use RAM idle

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Too high in use RAM idle: Hi, after performing some memory intensive computations failing due to too little memory, my in use memory stays up at around 75% even in idle condition and after several restarts. I already tried the usual suggestions including reducing start up programs, automated...
  9. RAM Usage too high?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    RAM Usage too high?: So I use a Lenovo X1 Laptop from 2012 with Windows 10, this old machinery rocks 8GB of RAM. However, when i checked in Task Manager, a staggering 3,3 GB of 7,7 GB is being used! Mind you, this is with all tabs and background applications closed. My question is thus,...
  10. High RAM usage while idle

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    High RAM usage while idle: Hello, Basically I noticed that my PC has a lot of RAM used but no program is using the RAM - see attached screenshots. Obviously it doesnt really affect me until I launch a game: eg GTA 5 which before ran happily at 60 and is now stuck on less than 1 FPS when I get into the...