Windows 10: Ramdomly Named folders on C drive

Discus and support Ramdomly Named folders on C drive in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Since upgrading to Windows 10 Enterprise I'm seeing a bunch of randomly named folders appearing on my second (non-OS) partition, with names such as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Njonsey, Apr 17, 2016.

1. Njonsey Win User

Ramdomly Named folders on C drive

Since upgrading to Windows 10 Enterprise I'm seeing a bunch of randomly named folders appearing on my second (non-OS) partition, with names such as "2cb82a847721fa9204182bfb1c". They all have a sub-folder named "Sandbox". Some I have access to and are empty, others I can't even look into, even though I'm an administrator.

Anyone have any Idea why these are being created?

Regards,
    Neil Jones

:)

Njonsey, Apr 17, 2016

2. destination folder access denied message while copying into or out from system drive C

Sorry, your reply does not include an "exact folder name", which is what I would have liked to see in your reply. If you require a good answer then you must post specific folder names & paths.

Frederik Long, Apr 17, 2016
  3. Upgrade to Windows 10, will I lose my data?

No need to worry, your data with respect to drive C will be collected to a folder named windows.old folder. but for the safety I recommend you to copy all the important data stored in drive C in another partition drive or an external drive.

DevyogVashisht, Apr 17, 2016
  4. Ramdomly Named folders on C drive

I believe those are leftover folders from Windows Updates.

DeaconFrost, Apr 17, 2016
  5. Njonsey Win User
    is there any way to get them to stop showing up? If I do not stay on top of deleting them they Pile up fast.

Njonsey, Apr 17, 2016
  6. kelkel Win User
    Use a boot disk such as Hiren's or a Linux Live CD and delete from there.

kelkel, Apr 18, 2016
  7. I'll have to check after my next round of updates, but I think you could run Disk Cleanup and if you picked the option to clean up after Updates, the folders could then be deleted.

DeaconFrost, Apr 18, 2016
  8. f14tomcat Win User

Yes, that will clean up most of it, but this is a deeper cleaning solution: at cmd prompt, copy/paste

%SystemRoot%\System32\Cmd.exe /c Cleanmgr /sageset:65535 & Cleanmgr /sagerun:65535

press enter. Check off what you want, click OK. Leave the cmd window open until it is completely finished.

f14tomcat, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Ramdomly Named folders on C drive - Similar Threads - Ramdomly Named folders

2. Windows recovery after renaming C Drive users folder name

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows recovery after renaming C Drive users folder name: Hello people,I need help to find a way to restore my system to previous settings. Here is the story - I updated my windows 10 to windows 11 OS and then I thought of renaming the folder name under C drive users folder. In windows 10 MS gets the first five letters from login...
  3. Windows recovery after renaming C Drive users folder name

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows recovery after renaming C Drive users folder name: Hello people,I need help to find a way to restore my system to previous settings. Here is the story - I updated my windows 10 to windows 11 OS and then I thought of renaming the folder name under C drive users folder. In windows 10 MS gets the first five letters from login...
  4. Folders with long alphanumeric names in C drive root level.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folders with long alphanumeric names in C drive root level.: Found many folders in C drive root level. My la[top running Windows 10. What are these folders with files for and can I safely delete them? 3c4477fcb5c61b1e24968f174d 5c1de1ebe33df0f820d137171e Any one can help answer and advice. Thank you....
  5. How to change the folder names in C-drive USERS folder?

How to change the folder names in C-drive USERS folder?: How to change the folder names in C-drive USERS folder? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-the-folder-names-in-c-drive-users/e81a57f3-22c0-4123-975f-c73aedacd8a6
  6. Change the folder name of my User inside C Drive

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change the folder name of my User inside C Drive: I want to change the user folder name from Atul Gaur to atul. Because of the space between the name I am experiencing many issues in installing many different things. I have Windows 10 Home installed on my computer. Please help me with this problem. How can I rename it?...
  7. changing user name in drive c

changing user name in drive c: Can and how do I change my user name in drive C on my new computer to match my old computer so that my files from my photo book will link correctly? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-user-name-in-drive-c/35393109-666d-4897-a2d1-55c5596899f0"
  8. Unable to change C drive - user folder name

Unable to change C drive - user folder name: Hello, I have a new laptop and set-up as a new user with Windows 10 following all the prompts. My main C drive user folder name was auto-created and I'm unable to change it. It automatically took part of my user name. I cannot find any way to edit this folder to rename...
  9. wrong name on c drive

wrong name on c drive: Hello the user name on my c drive is richo, I would like to change it to richone. please could you tell me in simple terms how to do this please. I have reset my computer but it still comes up as this. Thank you...
  10. "Folder access denied" C:\Users\<truncated name>\One Drive

in Windows 10 Support
    "Folder access denied" C:\Users\<truncated name>\One Drive: Unable to delete folder, unable to change permissions, and unable to get One Drive to read to Documents folder correctly. I have attempted five times and each time it fails. So I try to delete the One Drive folder so I can reboot and try again, and the system will not let me....