Windows 10: ran DRweb cureit it said i have a corrupted host file, it looks ok?

Discus and support ran DRweb cureit it said i have a corrupted host file, it looks ok? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; So i d-loaded Chirp to programs my ham radio it so happens i d-loaded from a site that was not his site it was a counterfeit site, when i installed it... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Tonyb, Jun 7, 2017.

1. Tonyb Win User

ran DRweb cureit it said i have a corrupted host file, it looks ok?

So i d-loaded Chirp to programs my ham radio it so happens i d-loaded from a site that was not his site it was a counterfeit site, when i installed it it asked me to update that took me to his real site i then removed, that program and installed the real one, which i confirmed was his main site and only site. So i ran a bunch scanners hitmanpro, dr web norton 360, malwarebytes superantispyware , only one found something that was dr web it said my host file was corrupted, i looked it my host file i don't see anything out of the ordinary, except for stuff added from unchecky, can somone if i upload my host file here can see if anything bad has been added ???, at least i don't have any rootkits or keyloggers as none of them found anything bad.

:)

Tonyb, Jun 7, 2017

2. I ran the trouble shooter. It said I had a problem with 67758. It didn't do anything after that. What is error 67758?

Hi,

Thanks for the update and response.

Install all pending updates on the system, restart and check the status of the issue. Further, I suggest you to try the below methods and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Method 1: Run the Audio Troubleshooter on the system

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Sound. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Audio

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the playing Audio troubleshooter
    Method 2.

Try reinstalling the Audio drivers from the manufacturer's website and check if the issue persists.

Follow the steps to update the audio drivers:

a. Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.

b. Expand the Sound, Video and game controllers.

c. Right-click on the Sound card and click on Uninstall.

d. Install the latest drivers from the manufacturer website.

If issue still persist and if sound works when you remove Realtek drivers, suggest him to follow the link below to hide the driver update.

Hide Windows Updates or driver updates

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/hide-windows-updates-or-driver-updates

Please let us know if the issue is resolved or you need any further assistance.

Anup Karkal, Jun 7, 2017
  3. I ran the trouble shooter. It said I had a problem with 67758. It didn't do anything after that. What is error 67758?

I have the same problem: "Emerging issue 67758" from this .CAB CSSEmerg67758.

In my case, I have problems with the audio. Hear choppy, with interference. Something like static.

Winver 10586.218, the last Realtek drivers audio.

It is not a memory problem. I used the "memory troubleshooter" and the result gave everything right.

In Windows 7 with the same hardware the audio worked excellent.

agusdeviurrio, Jun 7, 2017
  4. Mystere Win User

If only one app had a problem, i'd just ignore it. Also, DRWeb seems to be Russian in origin. I wouldn't trust it, but that's just me. (Yes, I know Kapersky is Russian too, and I don't trust that either).

Mystere, Jun 7, 2017
  5. Tonyb Win User
    ok thanks i'm going to rebuild the host file just in case that other software added something to it that is not suppose to be there. found MS site on how to rename the other with . old and copy the text from there page to a new one and put a new host file in there, nifty and handy. after i do this can i delete the . old one or just leave it in there??? this is what i going to follow will it apply to windows 10 host file ok https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...to-the-default

Tonyb, Jun 7, 2017
  6. Tonyb Win User
    yes its done i got a new host file that looked just like the old one except there was a added string that was not suppose to be there, so that program did add something, pointing to its IP for his site, what a a hole

Tonyb, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. ran DRweb cureit it said i have a corrupted host file, it looks ok? - Similar Threads - ran DRweb cureit

2. PC Keeps Crashing, ran scannow and said it cannot fix corrupted files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Keeps Crashing, ran scannow and said it cannot fix corrupted files: Here is the log I received after running scannow:Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them. For online repairs, details are included in the CBS log file located at windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For example C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For...
  3. PC Keeps Crashing, ran scannow and said it cannot fix corrupted files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC Keeps Crashing, ran scannow and said it cannot fix corrupted files: Here is the log I received after running scannow:Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them. For online repairs, details are included in the CBS log file located at windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For example C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For...
  4. PC Keeps Crashing, ran scannow and said it cannot fix corrupted files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Looking for assistance on a corrupt file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Looking for assistance on a corrupt file: I ran the sfc scan and found this corrupt file. Was wondering if anybody has any idea how to repair. I tried downloading a new file and replacing it but it wont let me. I also tried booting with the windows installer to repair start up but failed as well. Thank you in...
  6. I don't have a hosts file

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I don't have a hosts file: I was trying to edit the hosts file and couldn't find it. And I'm sure it's not hidden and I tried a lot. And I even updated Windows and the problem didn't work out. Can anyone help me? Thanks...
  7. Bought a used laptop. Friend ran some test and said it has corrupted files. Is it fixable...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bought a used laptop. Friend ran some test and said it has corrupted files. Is it fixable...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/diamondface815 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f1jbku/bought_a_used_laptop_friend_ran_some_test_and/
  8. I have corrupt files and command prompt said it couldn't do anything about it

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I have corrupt files and command prompt said it couldn't do anything about it: So I've been having problems with a lot of stuff from this computer lately. I bought it off of someone and they didn't have any problems, a battery life of about 12 hours, could handle heavy games like Witcher 3 and COD WW2, and nothing out of the ordinary. I get it, and I...
  9. Ran sfc /scannow on CMD and found corrupt files but have no idea what they are.

Ran sfc /scannow on CMD and found corrupt files but have no idea what they are.: Hi all, When I've been playing games recently, I've been having issues in game where my whole PC would freeze for a couple seconds and then be fine for a while. This happens very irregularly and is very strange overall. So to see what was happening, I opened Task Manager...
  10. Ran sfc /scannow. Found corrupt files.

Ran sfc /scannow. Found corrupt files.: Hi, I ran sfc /scannow on my Windows 10 desktop and got the response below: Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.17134.523] (c) 2018 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. C:\WINDOWS\system32>sfc /scannow Beginning system scan. This process will take some time....