Windows 10: Ran SFC scan and got errors...

Discus and support Ran SFC scan and got errors... in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; HP -15 laptop, Windows 10 Home version 1709 Build 16299.309 I ran an sfc /scannow scan and it reported: "Windows Resource Protection found... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by tomseys, Mar 17, 2018.

1. tomseys Win User

Ran SFC scan and got errors...

HP -15 laptop, Windows 10 Home version 1709 Build 16299.309

I ran an sfc /scannow scan and it reported:

"Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some
    of them. Details are included in the CBS.Log windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For
    example C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. Note that logging is currently not
    supported in offline servicing scenarios."

So i then did a dism restore health and got this:

C:\windows\system32>DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool
    Version: 10.0.16299.15

Image Version: 10.0.16299.309

[==========================100.0%==========================] The restore operation completed successfully.
    The operation completed successfully.

So I ran sfc scan again and got the same result as first time.
    The log it creates is very long. Not sure how to read it.

:)

tomseys, Mar 17, 2018

2. ms word 2010 mail merge with ms 2010 access no longer working

I ran the SFC scan and the scan did not find any integrity violations. I've tried to upload a video screen shot of the problem I'm having but got a FUD error.

CarolRitter, Mar 17, 2018
  3. Tony15swl Win User
    10586 Upgrade - SFC/DISM errors

I just replaced my Surface Book and got a new one yesterday. When I updated it yesterday, I wasn't able to download build version 10586 because Microsoft had pulled it then. However, with the previous version of Windows 10, I ran an sfc scan and got no
    errors. Today, however, I was able to install version 10586 and I ran another sfc scan after it finished installing the newest version of Windows 10, and once again the errors showed up in the scan. So, I definitely believe that these registry errors are entirely
    related to the newest version of Windows 10.

Tony15swl, Mar 17, 2018
  4. tomseys Win User

I ran another sfc scan and same story.

I then did DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth and it resulted in:

No component store corruption detected.

Followed that with DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth and it resulted in:

No component store corruption detected.
    The operation completed successfully.

So Dism thinks all is well but sfc finds problems? How come dism doesn't see it?

tomseys, Mar 17, 2018
  5. zbook New Member
    zbook, Mar 17, 2018
  6. tomseys Win User
    Yeah I'm on my third restart SFC after I guess I'll do the repair install. So much fun.

tomseys, Mar 18, 2018
  7. tomseys Win User
    So I really need to disable secure boot to do the repair install?

tomseys, Mar 18, 2018
  8. zbook New Member

Following the link is easiest.
    Trial and error also works.
    Sometimes though it can be the school of hard knocks.
    Best to go with the link.

zbook, Mar 18, 2018
  9. tomseys Win User
    Okay I followed Brink's instructions and did the repair install and completed the windows updates and now I get this:

Ran SFC scan and got errors... [​IMG]

So it worked. Now I have to reenable secure boot.

Thanks!

tomseys, Mar 18, 2018
  10. zbook New Member
    Great.
    Your are welcome.

zbook, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Ran SFC scan and got errors... - Similar Threads - Ran SFC scan

2. SFC scanning

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    SFC scanning: I am trying to reset my PC and it keeps failing. so i read that if i SFC scan it may fix my problem, when I try to use command sfc /scannow it says this, "Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service.". So I read that if I type, net start trustedinstaller,...
  3. sfc scan fixes errors - or not?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    sfc scan fixes errors - or not?: windows 10 pro 19041.329 version 2004 windows started acting wonky on me necessitating a cold reset of the system, whether this was due to windows being windows, or due to system corruption, i wasn't sure. so i ran SFC /scannow to check my files, and each time i ran it, it...
  4. sfc scan errors

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    sfc scan errors: ok so no matter how many times I fresh install windows 1809 even I have TWO iso of same version sfc always says this can anyone tell why so and it is always I installed 10 times 9 times sfc had errors [img] 139012
  5. Sfc scan

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sfc scan: I am showing corrupt files that they could fix in sfc scan. I need instructions on how to fix it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sfc-scan/d9cc5dec-8de1-46b8-9d8a-949425a7d303"
  6. SFC scan

SFC scan: When I run SFC scan , cmd displays that corrupt files are found but was unable to fix some of them. Here is the screen shoot : What should I do ? [ATTACH] *Moved from Virus and Malware forums*...
  7. SFC scan

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    SFC scan: When I run SFC scan , cmd displays that corrupt files are found but was unable to fix some of them. Here is the screen shoot : What should I do ? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/sfc-scan/4933511a-fad9-4b65-91d6-adbfd7717e07
  8. sfc scan error

sfc scan error: sfc/scannow has found errors and was unable to fix some errors what to do with this error? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sfc-scan-error/e4d93fea-ee9d-420c-a3b0-e0c3fde880e7
  9. ran a SFC Scan and it suggested I run the CBS process

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    ran a SFC Scan and it suggested I run the CBS process: As mentioned, I had some odd behavior and ran SFC /Scannow. It said I had corrupted files it could not fix and suggested I run a CBS process. A log file was produced but I don't know what I'm reading. Can someone help? Should I post the log here? I have no idea if it...
  10. SFC scan reports errors

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    SFC scan reports errors: I have a number of issues with my tablet PC so I tried SFC/SCANNOW a couple of times. It reported that some of the errors found it could not repair. I viewed the logs --- a mass of (to me) meaningless detail. So what should I do now? How does one get these errors repaired?...